ADVERTISEMENT

Jon scheyer is the next Goat

It’s all about opinions right now, but yeah, I don't feel.like duke and MSU are top 10 teams right now. They will be eventually, but not right now.
Can you objectively argue for the 10 teams (at least) that you would put ahead of Duke? And why...

Reactions: englandnu
If someone wants to do that with their poll, that's fine. I only said 6th when I was asked on my opinion of a top 10.

But, I'll tell what I think will likely happen. Duke will be one spot lower than Arizona. At the bare minimum, Arizona will move past Duke and Michigan State. Meaning, Duke will be no lower than 11th. I'd guess that we're likely in the 6-10 range. So, maybe split the difference and say we end up #8 in the next AP Poll?

When Kentucky was #2 and lost to Duke and Zion by 34, they only dropped to #10 in the polls. So yeah, I feel comfortable in saying Duke won't drop outside of the top 10.
Remember, they really aren’t asking for your opinion.

A team with no proven coach losing at home should drop until proven otherwise

Opinions are great huh?

Sure. Unless they're yours. In which case...

giphy.gif

A team with no proven coach losing at home should drop until proven otherwise
So who are the teams that you can objectively argue should be ahead of Duke? It's easy to say they shouldn't be in the top ten. It's not as easy to actually provide context to words.

Not sure how anyone can judge a coach after roughly 40 games....But ok.

Can you objectively argue for the 10 teams (at least) that you would put ahead of Duke? And why...
I have to list all the teams and why? Sheesh, I didn't know there would be homework for this.

In no particular order:

Tennessee (won tough road game)
Arizona (won tough road game)
Purdue (they were top 10 all last year, same team this year)
Marquette (Elite offense)
KU (complete team, won by 38 Friday)
Houston (complete team, plays harder than anyone in the country
UConn (they look like a top 10 team to me)

Miami (Elite guards and wings, looked really good Friday night)
FAU (senior laden team with FF experience)
Creighton (offensively elite)

It’s the nature of the business, you lose, you fall and duke lost at home.

Heck, we've seen duke lose at unranked Syracuse and move UP in the rankings, but this is what happens when you lose at home. UK fans have seen hard falls far too often lately.

I have to list all the teams and why? Sheesh, I didn't know there would be homework for this.

In no particular order:

Tennessee (won tough road game)
Arizona (won tough road game)
Purdue (they were top 10 all last year, same team this year)
Marquette (Elite offense)
KU (complete team, won by 38 Friday)
Houston (complete team, plays harder than anyone in the country
UConn (they look like a top 10 team to me)

Miami (Elite guards and wings, looked really good Friday night)
FAU (senior laden team with FF experience)
Creighton (offensively elite)

It’s the nature of the business, you lose, you fall and duke lost at home.

Heck, we've seen duke lose at unranked Syracuse and move UP in the rankings, but this is what happens when you lose at home. UK fans have seen hard falls far too often lately.
Nobody thinks Duke shouldn't drop. That is a dumb argument. But from 2nd out of the top 10 because they lost an early game against the 12th ranked team? Dumb.

Your list is very subjective, btw.

How many has Kenny Payne had?
To be fair, KP took over an absolute mess. NCAA shit basically handcuffed him. 9 newcomers to a team that won 4 games...Three of those guys have never played a single CBB game. Clark was a good get, but hes very up and down, and turnover prone. Same with Tre White----who shoots it poorly for a 2-guard. Im not like some others---not rady to crucify KP just yet.

Or judge Schyer. Just way to early for that.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Nobody thinks Duke shouldn't drop. That is a dumb argument. But from 2nd out of the top 10 because they lost an early game against the 12th ranked team? Dumb.

Your list is very subjective, btw.
Early season rankings are usually way off, so big falls and jumps are all that hard to believe.
It’s not a big deal, duke will be a threat in March.

Did it bother you last season when Texas went from unranked to #21 in the polls after a close loss to Alabama?

FWIW, when Syracuse narrowly defeated us in OT, they improved to 21-0 and were the unanimous #1 team in the next poll. We also beat a ranked Pittsburgh team on the road earlier that week.

^^^This dude was/is a complete DORK...just like those bouncy pack of nerds in their Sesame Street costumes that go to their home games. So glad I stumbled on the end of that game Friday night to see the disappointed look on Satan and his 10,000 little minions' faces.

When dook loses, AMERICA wins.

Did it bother you last season when Texas went from unranked to #21 in the polls after a close loss to Alabama?

FWIW, when Syracuse narrowly defeated us in OT, they improved to 21-0 and were the unanimous #1 team in the next poll. We also beat a ranked Pittsburgh team on the road earlier that week.
No

ADVERTISEMENT