ADVERTISEMENT

Jon scheyer is the next Goat

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
Who else get get a 5 seed in year 1 and immediately lose to a Caleb Love team at home in year 2?

No one else could make these accomplishments with all these 5 stars.

Legit no wonder Cooper Flagg chose this soon to be dynasty.

Also, the experts were dead on about Tyrese Prictor, the NPOY is his if he keeps this up

What did Scheyer do that was so bad? He has a young team and the game was physical. The older, more experienced team won. Doesn't mean JS sucks.

What did Scheyer do that was so bad? He has a young team and the game was physical. The older, more experienced team won. Doesn't mean JS sucks.

I don't really have an opinion of Scheyer yet. Probably see where he's at in a few years before I consider him a good hire or not.

With that said, I absolutely hated the play he ran at the end. There was 6 seconds left. Thats plenty of time to get it in and up the court, try to get a screen and decent look. Didn't understand the full court pass with 6 seconds left.

I don't really have an opinion of Scheyer yet. Probably see where he's at in a few years before I consider him a good hire or not.

With that said, I absolutely hated the play he ran at the end. There was 6 seconds left. Thats plenty of time to get it in and up the court, try to get a screen and decent look. Didn't understand the full court pass with 6 seconds left.
Yeah, I think there were better options, but the guy is intelligent and he's not making Kenny Payne type mistakes.

Heck, look at all the games Cal has lost by playing stall ball. 2015 Wisconsin immediately comes to mind and Cal is in the HOF.

As someone who was hoping they would lose I really liked the strategy.

Yeah, I think there were better options, but the guy is intelligent and he's not making Kenny Payne type mistakes.

Heck, look at all the games Cal has lost by playing stall ball. 2015 Wisconsin immediately comes to mind and Cal is in the HOF.
Is Kenny really that bad? It's a serious question haha. I dont know because the only UL game I've watched since he's been coach is the UK game last year. I thought he just had a trash lineup.

Yeah Cal has lost a few because of it (a few big ones that hurt including the Wisconsin loss), but he's also won a hell of a lot of games with it too. I'm a fan of continuing to try score and hate watching his late game stall ball but it does work out most of the time. I understand the thought process behind it. He doesn't want to give the other team a lot of possessions to catch back up, but I still hate watching it. Boring as hell.

Is Kenny really that bad? It's a serious question haha. I dont know because the only UL game I've watched since he's been coach is the UK game last year. I thought he just had a trash lineup.

Yeah Cal has lost a few because of it (a few big ones that hurt including the Wisconsin loss), but he's also won a hell of a lot of games with it too. I'm a fan of continuing to try score and hate watching his late game stall ball but it does work out most of the time. I understand the thought process behind it. He doesn't want to give the other team a lot of possessions to catch back up, but I still hate watching it. Boring as hell.
There's a time to play stall ball and there's a time to keep scoring. sometimes Cal goes to stall ball way too soon and when you're playing the most efficient offense of all time, you better keep scoring.

Yeah, Kenny Payne doesn’t have the chops to be a head coach. Losing games last year was one thing, but they struggled to beat UMBC at home, then just got owned by Chattanooga. He's just not a good head coach, but he's a great assistant.

Last edited:
I feel okay about this team because we honestly played really poorly in the 1st half and still had a great shot at winning in the final minute. Would love to see more minutes for Sean Stewart. That kid is way too active to not merit more time.

I feel okay about this team because we honestly played really poorly in the 1st half and still had a great shot at winning in the final minute. Would love to see more minutes for Sean Stewart. That kid is way too active to not merit more time.

What would be your top 10 right now?

I wonder if UL was just a bad choice by Payne.

He'd probably be killing it at a school like Depaul.

Where do you think they should drop to? Early in the year, to the #12 team. I hope you're being sarcastic, because you're usually better than the other unreasonable folks.
Not my best. The whole thread is basically a parody.

Not my best. The whole thread is basically a parody.
Also...,
54c2a10f14b1e.image.jpg

VXAKZKPMHTPOOIL.20070223060325.jpg

ghows-NC-fed6d164-cb34-4c29-98a4-490db0459d0d-57a2c646.jpeg

So a one-loss team at home is still a top 6 team in the nation.

In my view? Yes. Essentially a single possession game against another top 10 team.

They won't fall outside of the top 10. And with limited data, you'd be splitting hairs whether you say Duke should be ranked #6 or #10.

In my view? Yes. Essentially a single possession game against another top 10 team.

They won't fall outside of the top 10. And with limited data, you'd be splitting hairs whether you say Duke should be ranked #6 or #10.
#19 wouldn't be out of bounds. 1-1 loss on home court and haven't beat anyone. They have talent, but the coaches are still suspect.

Jai Lucus is interrupting Jon's timeouts.

#19 wouldn't be out of bounds. 1-1 lose on home court and haven't beat anyone.

If someone wants to do that with their poll, that's fine. I only said 6th when I was asked on my opinion of a top 10.

But, I'll tell what I think will likely happen. Duke will be one spot lower than Arizona. At the bare minimum, Arizona will move past Duke and Michigan State. Meaning, Duke will be no lower than 11th. I'd guess that we're likely in the 6-10 range. So, maybe split the difference and say we end up #8 in the next AP Poll?

When Kentucky was #2 and lost to Duke and Zion by 34, they only dropped to #10 in the polls. So yeah, I feel comfortable in saying Duke won't drop outside of the top 10.

6th is probably as good of a guess as any right now. Only time will tell. I think the problem with polls this early is that we anchor teams based on pre-season expectations. We’re assuming Arizona really is a top 10 team and we’re assuming Duke shouldn’t fall that far because of it. We’re also assuming Duke should have been 2nd to begin with. If we started them at 8th and they lost we wouldn’t bump them to 6th based on that result. But yes, this early the data is too limited either way.

It's too early to be passionate about polls. I can't defend Duke being in the top ten and no one can really defend them being outside of the top ten. Perhaps Duke was ranked too high. Perhaps Arizona was ranked too low. Maybe if the game was played 10 times, there would be 6 different outcomes. Not going to worry about it.

I will worry about late game play calling and rebounding. Those are two concerns that last night gives me. Not where they're ranked.

6th is probably as good of a guess as any right now. Only time will tell. I think the problem with polls this early is that we anchor teams based on pre-season expectations. We’re assuming Arizona really is a top 10 team and we’re assuming Duke shouldn’t fall that far because of it. We’re also assuming Duke should have been 2nd to begin with. If we started them at 8th and they lost we wouldn’t bump them to 6th based on that result. But yes, this early the data is too limited either way.

Yep. That's the bottom line. There's not enough data out to really justify any team in one direction or another.

So, I'm fine if someone has Duke at #19. But, I also think having Duke at #6 is perfectly legitimate.

Coach K is 1-2 in his last three games at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Last edited:
So….you need to fall out of your own top 10 if you lose to a team that someone else ranked 12th?
It’s all about opinions right now, but yeah, I don't feel.like duke and MSU are top 10 teams right now. They will be eventually, but not right now.

ADVERTISEMENT