ADVERTISEMENT

JimboBBN vs Mountain Lion

@JimboBBN vs one adult mountain lion. One knife allowed. Who you got?[/QUOTE]
You really think the bear needs the knife?

I think the winner would be determined by home field advantage. If it's in the woods, the mountain lion takes it. If it's in the local dive bar Jimbo takes it.

Reactions: sdave and JimboBBN
Are we sure Jimbo isn't the mountain lion? Has anyone seen Jimbo and the mountain lion in the same room at the same time?

Reactions: KisteK
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ker-in-washington_us_5b00d357e4b0463cdba2da27

So, yeah. If you encounter a mountain lion the last thing you should do is try to run. Either try to scare it away (by making yourself look big and not worth the trouble) or fight it until it loses interest. If you run, it's going to trigger the lion's instinct to chase and kill you.

Two grown men might not be able to kill a mountain lion but they should be able make like lion say "nah" and move on. Sucks that they tried to run.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ker-in-washington_us_5b00d357e4b0463cdba2da27

So, yeah. If you encounter a mountain lion the last thing you should do is try to run. Either try to scare it away (by making yourself look big and not worth the trouble) or fight it until it loses interest. If you run, it's going to trigger the lion's instinct to chase and kill you.

Two grown men might not be able to kill a mountain lion but they should be able make like lion say "nah" and move on. Sucks that they tried to run.
Did you ever see that video from last year where those two guys came across a mountain lion on a walking trail in California? They actually tried to sneak up on it and next thing you know it’s like 10 feet above them staring down. Then they said if it comes at you you’re supposed to whistle. Lol

That sucks. I would have won, though.

Reactions: npreston

I was on a trail less than 5 miles from that yesterday morning. I live about 10 miles from there. A few weeks ago I was the first one on a trail one morning and ran into a very recently used bear den. I have a beard, and own a hunting knife. You need to be real man to survive around here. I drove a Nissan Leaf to Burger King today. Who wants to f@$& with me?

Reactions: Perpetual Burn555
ho-lee-fuk-29638292.png

Reactions: bkingUK

Holy crap that would be scary. I thought the other one looked kind of weird as well. Still made you think about it.

My uncle used to hunt bear and moose up in Canada and once got a 1300 pound moose (apparently the biggest one they had there for a long while) and after he shot it the thing turned and charged him. He said he thought he was dead. Apparently he just stood there because there was little point in doing much else. Dropped about 30 feet from him. Screw that. He also had his 12 year old shoot a bear with him once but said he got pretty scared when they had to track it. Umm, yeah.

Reactions: bkingUK
You know, Jimbo, was thinking about this... yeah, the more I think about it, the more dead I think you are. Cats are just way, way, WAY too fast and strong. The puma is the fourth biggest cat in the world... way faster than we can even begin to cope with. One leap, one swipe, and you are likely ****ed. Was doing some reading... apparently they **** up grizzlies on the regs. Sorry man, I think it ends you:(

You know, Jimbo, was thinking about this... yeah, the more I think about it, the more dead I think you are. Cats are just way, way, WAY too fast and strong. The puma is the fourth biggest cat in the world... way faster than we can even begin to cope with. One leap, one swipe, and you are likely ****ed. Was doing some reading... apparently they **** up grizzlies on the regs. Sorry man, I think it ends you:(
Tale of the tape:

Jimbo - 6'2, 220 lbs, assuming I have a knife as my weapon, no gun

Mountain Lion - 3 feet tall, we will say 200 lbs (they go from 120 - 220)

I give myself a 50/50 shot.

Tale of the tape:

Jimbo - 6'2, 220 lbs, assuming I have a knife as my weapon, no gun

Mountain Lion - 3 feet tall, we will say 200 lbs (they go from 120 - 220)

I give myself a 50/50 shot.
What’s the largest animal that you think you could take?

I bet if you played it right you could bring down a giraffe.

What’s the largest animal that you think you could take?

I bet if you played it right you could bring down a giraffe.
The giraffe would be tough. I can't get anywhere near his head or neck, and if he kicked me once I'd be done for.

Mountain lion is probably the biggest animal I would bet on myself against

The giraffe would be tough. I can't get anywhere near his head or neck, and if he kicked me once I'd be done for.

Mountain lion is probably the biggest animal I would bet on myself against
You could attack from a tree. That would give you enough of an elevated position to jump down and put a death grip on his juggular.

I think you could do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT