ADVERTISEMENT

Jevon Carter WVU vs Mo Bamba UT

SECAggyFan

Dec 20, 2017
Dont venture over here too often but I guess I will because tomorrow's UT/WVU game will feature the two best defensive players in CBB.

Carter won the award last year and how he has played this year he has definitely not lost anyone's respect.

Last year Mo Bamba was in HS. Bamba is a one man wrecking machine on defense. It is not so much the shots he blocks but the altered shots and how he forces teams to change their offense.

Too bad they do not play the same position.

Thinking Texas steals one in HillbillyLand....

The couches will be saved in Morgantown once again.

Love Bamba, but don't see any scenario where Texas wins at WVA without Jones and that other good guard who broke his hand, drawing a blank on his name.

Coleman looked like a deer in headlights last game i saw, the press is gonna eat him up.

Love Bamba, but don't see any scenario where Texas wins at WVA without Jones and that other good guard who broke his hand, drawing a blank on his name.

Coleman looked like a deer in headlights last game i saw, the press is gonna eat him up.

Jones is the one who broke his hand but Eric Davis has done a very good job at replacing him the last two games.
Texas has been a much different team on the road.

It is more Eric Davis Jr and Kerwin Roach.
Once the press is figured out the athletes of Texas will take advantage.
I think it is Texas' advantage to play at a frenetic pace on offense.
Carter has the leadership to slow the play and tempo down on offense for WVU though.
If Bamba inbounds the Ball and is used to break down the press with his length if a turnover happens Bamba can prevent a lot of easy open court baskets.

Still West Virginia shoots poorly from the outside around a 30% mark.
West Virginia will have to settle for jumpers a lot of the game.

Carter may come up big but I don't see him shooting 8-16 from 3 point range.

Last edited:
Jones has leukimia, Roach is the guy who broke his hand. Is he back? I thought he was out for a while?

WVU is a better team than Texas, and Huggs has been grinding them all week.

I think they're gonna be pissed after blowing huge leads against Texas Tech and Kansas, and come out today and blow the doors off Texas.

I'll be pretty worried about this team if we don't win fairly convincingly today.

Dont venture over here too often but I guess I will because tomorrow's UT/WVU game will feature the two best defensive players in CBB.

Carter won the award last year and how he has played this year he has definitely not lost anyone's respect.

Last year Mo Bamba was in HS. Bamba is a one man wrecking machine on defense. It is not so much the shots he blocks but the altered shots and how he forces teams to change their offense.

Too bad they do not play the same position.

Thinking Texas steals one in HillbillyLand....

The couches will be saved in Morgantown once again.

Two of the best shot blockers in college basketball will be on the floor. Bamba and Konate. Some shots are definitely gonna go flying into the 2nd row today.

Reactions: KisteK
WVU is a better team than Texas, and Huggs has been grinding them all week.

I think they're gonna be pissed after blowing huge leads against Texas Tech and Kansas, and come out today and blow the doors off Texas.

I'll be pretty worried about this team if we don't win fairly convincingly today.

Depends on how Texas motivation is coming into the game as well. They are better than record shows, which is pretty good still. They all but had Duke beat earlier in the year.

Depends on how Texas motivation is coming into the game as well. They are better than record shows, which is pretty good still. They all but had Duke beat earlier in the year.

We've struggled against their length in the past.

I just think Huggs is really gonna have them ready to play today. If not, this team could be in some trouble down the stretch.

We've struggled against their length in the past.

I just think Huggs is really gonna have them ready to play today. If not, this team could be in some trouble down the stretch.

You haven't played this Texas team........
They are starting two Freshman

Block count:

Konate 6

Bamba 4

Outplayed the lottery pick.

10 points 14 rebs 6 blocks

Reactions: KisteK
Always felt WVU would right the ship. Still think even after the KU game they were the favorite or at least they would tie with KU.

I feel like we're the best team in the conference this year, but Kansas just always finds a way.

That blown lead last Monday was a pretty big kick in the nuts to this WVU team. Happy to see them bounce back yesterday.

KU is gonna have to lose another home game for someone else to have a chance to win the league. Doubt that happens.

I feel like we're the best team in the conference this year, but Kansas just always finds a way.

That blown lead last Monday was a pretty big kick in the nuts to this WVU team. Happy to see them bounce back yesterday.

KU is gonna have to lose another home game for someone else to have a chance to win the league. Doubt that happens.

Oh, it will happen...trust me. I haven't looked at the rest of their home schedule but as you know they are not the same dominating Kansas like in years past and there are just too many good teams in the big 12 for it to not happen one more time this year.

Even we have came very close to beating them at home in the last 2 years. No reason we can't finally do it just like we had a nice streak of beating them at our place finally come to an end.

Oh, it will happen...trust me. I haven't looked at the rest of their home schedule but as you know they are not the same dominating Kansas like in years past and there are just too many good teams in the big 12 for it to not happen one more time this year.

Even we have came very close to beating them at home in the last 2 years. No reason we can't finally do it just like we had a nice streak of beating them at our place finally come to an end.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost another home game. It has been 18 years since we've lost 3 homes games in 1 season though. One thing for KU this year is they may be vulnerable at home but they play with a whole lot more focus on the road. Just another level of effort and focus away from AFH. May lose a couple home games in Big 12 play but may make up for it with a great road record.

Reactions: Big ol arms
ADVERTISEMENT