ADVERTISEMENT

Its time for Conference Predictions

One thing to consider about Nebraska is the development of their 5th starter Thomas Allen. Everyone was already aware of Palmer, Roby, Copeland, and Glynn Watson. Allen, a true Sophomore, former top 100 -4 Star who chose Nebraska over NC State, Xavier, Ohio State, and Cincinnati, is starting to develop into a legit scorer. In his last 5 games, all vs. High Major competition, he's averaging 12 points per game while adding terrific defense.

Last season, when you faced Nebraska, you only had to worry about really stopping two or three guys. If Allen keeps developing at this pace, its going to force opponents to defend the whole floor.

They still don't have the depth needed to win the league, but they are certainly better than a year ago. Im a fan and a homer, but will honestly be shocked if Nebraska doesn't win 23 to 25 games and finish top 4 or in the Big Ten.
Without a doubt, they have top talent...not saying they don't. In the past with Miles as coach, they've struggled to meet expectations when they were considering a top team.

With the talent they have, they shouldn't have a problem finishing in the top 5. But, its not something I'd bet on based off of past seasons.

Oregon sucks right now but so does the rest of the PAC 12 so who knows. We might still finish in the top 3 Laughing

Predicted Champion
Most Overrated
Surprise Team

Since Im only allowed 1 post per month for whatever reason, I have to make it a good one. Here we go

ACC

Champion-Duke- This is a no brainer. They are so much more talented then every other team its silly. I thought the same thing last year though and Coach K had his worst coaching year ever with by far the most talented team last year. I cant see Duke choking again like last year. Zion Williamson is flat out unstoppable at the college level.

Most Overrated- Miami- Have completely fallen off the map and have the worst record in the ACC. They are basically down to 6 players with Gak injured. Good night, season is over

Surprise Team- Pitt. There is no way Pitt is going 0-19 in the ACC again. Freshmen guards are too good for it to happen and the ACC is overrated. The bottom of the ACC also stinks. Johnson is the most underrated player in the ACC and Pitt will surprise multiple teams

Big 12

Champion-Kansas- They've won the conference so many times in a row its gotten silly. Have wins against 3 ranked teams already and Azuibuki is injured. Same old, Same old Kansas

Most Overrated- West Virginia-They have weak guards and 2 great players. When the refs call actual fouls Konate fouls out in half the game. They will crumble in league play

Surprise Team- TCU Frogs- Took an early bad loss with Fisher still recovering from injury. They are starting to roll teams. And as Fisher's health improves, so does the team

SEC

Champion-Tennessee- Look like potentially the best team, but also have an easier SEC schedule only playing 4 ranked SEC teams and Kentucky is hanging on by a thread. Vols look good

Most Overrated-Kentucky and Vanderbilt- Kentucky has beaten no one. And has looked like crap most of the season. If they played Duke again they would get destroyed even worse. Also played an easy terrible schedule. Vanderbilt, shame Garland got injured. What looked like a very promising team now wont be

Surprise Team-Mississippi St Bulldogs. It seems many people have fallen completely asleep with them. They just got done winning at Dayton, beating Clemson, then beating up Cincinnati. Expect them to challenge Tennessee. Ben Howland loves this team and if you watched them play you can see why. They will stockpile wins and look tough

Big Ten

Champion-Michigan. By a very, very small hair. Their wins are grossly overrated to date with Purdue and Villanova, who are also grossly overrated. Awesome defense. Terrible free throw shooting team which will burn them in close games and they will choke in the NCAA Tournament because of it, especially on the road. Big Ten is the best conference in college basketball this year, easily.

Most overrated-Purdue-Losses are piling up with 5 already. This is the team that can challenge many teams but then chokes and continues to lose by 2 points. Rinse repeat, they cant win on the road

Surprise team- Wisconsin. Not much of a surprise by now. A 15 win season a year ago, they are going well beyond that this year. Happ is a beast and they look to be back

Pac-12

Champion- Arizona State- Very young team, very athletic, has big time upside this year. Starting point guard Martin back coming off nasty ankle injury, Rob Edwards still having back problems. Get these 2 healthy and with freshmen beast Dort, they can be real good. Don't be surprised if they stun Kansas

Most overrated- The whole league outside ASU. Arizona stinks this year and so does the rest of the league. USC and UCLA need new coaches as they can only recruit and not coach, and Arizona might need to start recruiting 6 star players, because the 5 stars just cant get it done. Award to Sean Miller for most overrated Coach in the country with big nasty losses to Baylor and Alabama. All those top recruits with nothing to show for it.

Surprise Team- Arizona State. This is a no brainer if you watch them play

Best Midmajor- Nevada. They have what, 7, 5th year seniors which is ridiculous. An offense ridiculously hard to stop. They are undefeated and should stay that way for a while. Jordan Caroline is the best player you never heard of and with outside firepower from 3, they are going to be a very, very tough out.

Most Overrated- Villanova and Uconn Why is Villanova even rated. Losses to Furman, the Penn Quakers, killed by Michigan. Nothing about this team looks Top 25. And UConn? Beat up scrubs and beat Syracuse without Cuse starting point guard playing. Lost to a terrible Arizona team, killed by Iowa, and schedule to date has been a joke with zero road games. UConn couldn't win on the road last year, and wont win on the road this year either. All hype.

Most Underrated- Tough one with Houston now on the radar, but Utah State looks very sneaky with their 7 foot athletic stud freshmen from Portugal looking better and better by game.

There you have it. Responses and predictions welcome. Maybe I can respond to other people in this thread instead of waiting another month to post again because of posting restrictions for whatever reason.

Since I was called a troll for the Dan Hurley thread. And Dan Hurley is incredibly overrated at this point.

I think my prediction regarding Arizona State basketball stunning Kansas was spot on analysis. I think I also said Martin and Edwards were injured for Arizona State earlier this year and now look healthy. Edwards lit up Kansas like a Christmas Tree yesterday. Lets see other teams lose their starting back court and how they fare. This whole message board said Arizona State was far overrated.

There is a difference between being a troll, being a homer, and being correct.

@hailtoyourvictor

Since I was called a troll for the Dan Hurley thread. And Dan Hurley is incredibly overrated at this point.

I think my prediction regarding Arizona State basketball stunning Kansas was spot on analysis. I think I also said Martin and Edwards were injured for Arizona State earlier this year and now look healthy. Edwards lit up Kansas like a Christmas Tree yesterday. Lets see other teams lose their starting back court and how they fare. This whole message board said Arizona State was far overrated.

There is a difference between being a troll, being a homer, and being correct.

@hailtoyourvictor

Your thread was a real hit. You really gave it good to all those Dan Hurley fans here.

ADVERTISEMENT