ADVERTISEMENT

It is time to get back into the stock market

What in the holy f*ck is going on in this thread?
Complete and utter nonsense. A certain someone has no idea how a stock split or reverse stock split works and also believes that a penny stock had a market cap of $150B with 78B shares outstanding. You and I haven’t agreed on much in the past, but we can agree that this is lunacy.

Complete and utter nonsense. A certain someone has no idea how a stock split or reverse stock split works and also believes that a penny stock had a market cap of $150B with 78B shares outstanding. You and I haven’t agreed on much in the past, but we can agree that this is lunacy.
I have him on ignore. I had to show ignored posts to see for myself. HOLY. HELL. It’s honestly just weird. Kinda feel bad for the guy.

Reactions: GE Nole and VulvHa
What in the holy f*ck is going on in this thread?

Gil happened.

tenor.gif

Then something does not add up. Did they issue new shares? That could/would make the price drop.
no they did not issue new shares not if they made that big a reverse split.
got away from Penny stock for a solid oil stock only to get burned.

DOW +215.80
S&P +30.16
10 YTN + .05 to 0.65
Oil - 4.38 to $12.56
Gas -0.02 to 0.68

in my area a week ago on Sunday gas was $1.19, yesterday gas was $1.37 a increase of $0.20 per gallon.

PURA +.00106 for a increase of $530 for the morning. after a increase of +$600 on Friday.

DOW +215.80
S&P +30.16
10 YTN + .05 to 0.65
Oil - 4.38 to $12.56
Gas -0.02 to 0.68

in my area a week ago on Sunday gas was $1.19, yesterday gas was $1.37 a increase of $0.20 per gallon.

PURA +.00106 for a increase of $530 for the morning. after a increase of +$600 on Friday.
How about MLCG and EURI? You still down 99% on those?

Reactions: SNU0821
DOW +358.51 to 24,133.78
S&P +41.74 to 28.48
10 YTN +0.06 to 0.66
Oil -$4.00 to $12.78
Gas dropped a whopping $0.02 per gallon but in after market trading Oil is up $0.20 per barrel while gas is up $0.01 per gallon to $0.69 per gallon

DOW +358.51 to 24,133.78
S&P +41.74 to 28.48
10 YTN +0.06 to 0.66
Oil -$4.00 to $12.78
Gas dropped a whopping $0.02 per gallon but in after market trading Oil is up $0.20 per barrel while gas is up $0.01 per gallon to $0.69 per gallon
I appreciate you posting these end of the day reports. Maybe from now on though you could give a detailed analysis as to why the oil/gas Dow/S&P 500 went up or down? Because not everybody always knows why the market goes up or down and it’s nice to get input on it from people who follow it closely.

TIA

I appreciate you posting these end of the day reports. Maybe from now on though you could give a detailed analysis as to why the oil/gas Dow/S&P 500 went up or down? Because not everybody always knows why the market goes up or down and it’s nice to get input on it from people who follow it closely.

TIA
right now the markets are reacting to states slowly reopening up.

Oil is still reeling from last weeks total collapse, as investor got out of the end of month contracts and would have had to take possession of the oil and start paying storage.

they are afraid the same thing will happen with the June contracts. they are calling for the US oil procducer shut it down by 10,000,000 pd from the 12,890,000 pd. so they can have their shortage and drive the price of oil and gas up.

DOW -32.23
S&P -15-08
10 YTN -0.05
oil,was down 0.71 per Barrel
Gas -0.02 to $0.68

in after hours
Oil +1.13
gas +0.05 to $0.73

nothing really has changed in the oil and gas other than the greed by the investors/speculators.

DOW +511.94
S&P +68.94
10 YTN even at 0.61
oil +$3.41
gas +$0.07
the market are showing a positive on news of states starting to open up.

all on the hopes of demand increasing,
oil gained 9 mb but the API predicted 11 mb so the EIA was less so they used this to drive the price of oil up
Gas fell by 3.77 mb
gee I wonder how that happened since the US Companies ship it to other countries.

they sure hoping that people are going to suddenly start driving. plus they are counting hoping that the US producer cuts 10,000,000 mbpd from the 12.9 mbpd to cause a major shortage. to drive the price of oil and gas thru the roof.

The S&P hit a high of around 3,300 in mid Feb. and a low of around 2,200 in mid March. It is now sitting around 2,900 May 1. The rebound since the low has been remarkable (lots of money made), did you take advantage of it? Does the market have longer legs to the upside or do you see a test of lower levels?

The S&P hit a high of around 3,300 in mid Feb. and a low of around 2,200 in mid March. It is now sitting around 2,900 May 1. The rebound since the low has been remarkable (lots of money made), did you take advantage of it? Does the market have longer legs to the upside or do you see a test of lower levels?
I feel like injecting a few trillion into the economy has everything to do with it.

10%+ unemployment numbers + home foreclosures + evictions + defaulted loans are coming. Gonna be a lot of people not spending money these next couple of years.

DOW +511.94
S&P +68.94
10 YTN even at 0.61
oil +$3.41
gas +$0.07
the market are showing a positive on news of states starting to open up.

all on the hopes of demand increasing,
oil gained 9 mb but the API predicted 11 mb so the EIA was less so they used this to drive the price of oil up
Gas fell by 3.77 mb
gee I wonder how that happened since the US Companies ship it to other countries.

they sure hoping that people are going to suddenly start driving. plus they are counting hoping that the US producer cuts 10,000,000 mbpd from the 12.9 mbpd to cause a major shortage. to drive the price of oil and gas thru the roof.
This thread is about market timing regarding investment and not about snap shots of current prices. If you want to post that stuff, would you mind creating another thread?

I feel like injecting a few trillion into the economy has everything to do with it.

10%+ unemployment numbers + home foreclosures + evictions + defaulted loans are coming. Gonna be a lot of people not spending money these next couple of years.
Is it a buy time, hold time or sell time? IYO

Is it a buy time, hold time or sell time? IYO
I’m not qualified to answer but seemingly nobody is.

Whatever people are comfortable with doing they should do. Decisions like that have way too many variables that are all personal to the individual. Personally, I’m holding even though I think it will crash again. I’m holding because I don’t want to get into the buy/sell mentality that’s short term. I’d rather just buy and not think about it since I’d really not rather sell anything until I’m much older.

I’m not qualified to answer but seemingly nobody is.

Whatever people are comfortable with doing they should do. Decisions like that have way too many variables that are all personal to the individual. Personally, I’m holding even though I think it will crash again. I’m holding because I don’t want to get into the buy/sell mentality that’s short term. I’d rather just buy and not think about it since I’d really not rather sell anything until I’m much older.
You are qualified if you have money in the market or are thinking of investing.

If you think it will crash or test previous lows, why would you not choose to make adjustments accordingly? There is a huge difference between day trading and adjusting your portfolio when major events are moving the market. Just sayin.

You are qualified if you have money in the market or are thinking of investing.

If you think it will crash or test previous lows, why would you not choose to make adjustments accordingly? There is a huge difference between day trading and adjusting your portfolio when major events are moving the market. Just sayin.
I just don’t want to have to think about it. If I start to worry about buying in at the lows with the expectation to sell those shares at good enough profits when it goes up then I’ll think about it all the time. My end game with stocks is in retirement.

Theres no need to start another thread for daily updates. The OP should have been a few day discussion then you buy in or not.

PS- I invested a small amount on TDA just to play with about 3 weeks ago. Bought some stupid risky stuff and lost a little, but I am up almost 30% right now. Another account controlled by a FA is still down a lot, but the past month is is up about the same. On track to be back where it was in a few months.

Lets just hope this PURA pays off so @dragonhawk1855 and I can have Yachts side by side and every evening we walk outside and laugh at all you poors that doubted us while 27 different ethnicities of women serve us in bikinis.

Reactions: schoonerwest
I post these to help people determine if its time to invest or not,

DOW +532.31 to 24,633.86, don't think it is going thru anymore wild swings, not going to tell anyone to invest in the S&P, DOW or even 10 YTN.

IF people want advice on the bigger stocks get a account and talk to a advisor. thats what I do, the penny stocks I do on my own, this where I look at what they do.
Marijuana stocks [medical mainly] or the use of the CBD Oil.
EV Batteries, EV Vehicles, do a little in Oil stocks.

S&P +76.12 up to 2939.51
10 YTN O.62
oil $15.23
Gas $0.76

now its up to those that read this to decide what they want to do, either do it themselves or go with a company that pay their employees to advise people, my advice go with the ones who get paid to give advice not some unknown msg board poster.

who may or not know what they are doing.

Theres no need to start another thread for daily updates. The OP should have been a few day discussion then you buy in or not.

PS- I invested a small amount on TDA just to play with about 3 weeks ago. Bought some stupid risky stuff and lost a little, but I am up almost 30% right now. Another account controlled by a FA is still down a lot, but the past month is is up about the same. On track to be back where it was in a few months.

Lets just hope this PURA pays off so @dragonhawk1855 and I can have Yachts side by side and every evening we walk outside and laugh at all you poors that doubted us while 27 different ethnicities of women serve us in bikinis.
sounds good, but I feel it will be about 2-3 years before it really takes off. this Virus really killed the momentum, for the next 6 months look for pura to bounce along the level it is right now, tomorrow they are making a announcement about a CBD Business Purchase update.

Reactions: I am stupid
DOW -288.14 to 24,345.72
S&P -27.08 to 2912.43
10 YTN NC 0.062
oil ends @$19.02
Gas up to $0.78 at one point during the day gas was $0.83 per gallon.

Exxon Mobile who has their own refinery and are suffering from this virus, today the report is the investors are hoping that beginning tomorrow when the cuts start to go into effect and with states opening up.

demand will pick up causing the price of oil and gas goes up as supplies go down into a shortage created by SA/OPEC and the other oil producing nation that have been encouraged to cut back.

DOW -622.03 to 23,723.69
S&P -81.72 to 2830.71
10 YTN +0.02 to 0.64
Oil NC @19.69 PB
gas -$0.01 @ $0.76 PG

Chevron post a gain for the period of Jan 1st to April 1st on their dividend payment from $1.36 per share from the 19 1st quarter to $1.89 per share,

oh those poor oil and refinery companies are having such a terrible time. of making a profit.

it will be interesting to see how the 2nd quarter does. the market dropped on Trump tweet about putting sanctions on China for not reporting the Corona Virus sooner than they did.

this in my opinion is why getting into that markets should be on the advice of the professionals.

DOW -622.03 to 23,723.69
S&P -81.72 to 2830.71
10 YTN +0.02 to 0.64
Oil NC @19.69 PB
gas -$0.01 @ $0.76 PG

Chevron post a gain for the period of Jan 1st to April 1st on their dividend payment from $1.36 per share from the 19 1st quarter to $1.89 per share,

oh those poor oil and refinery companies are having such a terrible time. of making a profit.

it will be interesting to see how the 2nd quarter does. the market dropped on Trump tweet about putting sanctions on China for not reporting the Corona Virus sooner than they did.

this in my opinion is why getting into that markets should be on the advice of the professionals.
I like it how on the good days you’ll include PURA but won’t on the bad days.

Down 18% on the week. Smart money says buy the dips, amirite?

I like it how on the good days you’ll include PURA but won’t on the bad days.

Down 18% on the week. Smart money says buy the dips, amirite?
already stated that Pura will bounce along at this level for the 6 months with bottom of 0.0060, that is when I will buy more to add to my 500,000 shares.
now it would be just repetitious announcements.

morning
DOW -238.96
S&P -14.82
10 YTN 0.01
oil +0.05 demand is rising don't ya know
gas 0.77 no change

just went to pick groceries up at Walmart price of gas was up to $1.54 per gallon for the cheap gas $1.94 per gallon for premium.
2 weekends ago gas was going for $1.19 per gallon now it is 35 cents per gallon higher all because demand is increasing don't ya know.

DOW +26.07
S&P +12.03
10 YTN NC
oil +$2.01 to $21. 32
gas $0.07 to $0.84
all on hopes that demand is growing plus the fake shortage.

even Natural gas went up 0.19 to 0.98 on the news that there is a cold front coming that could last 10 days, price gouging at its finest.

DOW +296.41
S&P +38.73
10 YTN +0.02
oil + $3.84 to $24.23
gas +$0.05 to $0.89
Natural Gas +$0.14 to $2.13

as for my pura the price will bounce along the 0.010 to 0.14 for at least the rest of the pandemic.
yesterday the price was 0.0124 then the last trade saw 47 shares sold @0.0120 for a whopping $0.5828 sale price. don't know what to say other than price manipulation.

DOW +133.33
S&P +25.70
10 YTN +0.02
oil +$24.60 up from $20.38
gas $0.90 up $0.06 on the day
Natural Gas $2.09 10 cent jump on a cold front and dwindling supplies due to the shutting down the wells to stop production.

again with the creating the false shortage of Oil, Gas and Natural Gas. all in the name of driving prices up to increase profits and nothing else to gouge the customers.

DOW +133.33
S&P +25.70
10 YTN +0.02
oil +$24.60 up from $20.38
gas $0.90 up $0.06 on the day
Natural Gas $2.09 10 cent jump on a cold front and dwindling supplies due to the shutting down the wells to stop production.

again with the creating the false shortage of Oil, Gas and Natural Gas. all in the name of driving prices up to increase profits and nothing else to gouge the customers.
I don’t think natural gas is going up because it’s going to get down into the 40’s for a week in Iowa. I think that only happens when there are long term projections that suggest the entire country is gonna have a frigid winter.

I could be wrong. I definitely know that you aren’t right though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don’t think natural gas is going up because it’s going to get down into the 40’s for a week in Iowa. I think that only happens when there are long term projections that suggest the entire country is gonna have a frigid winter.

I could be wrong. I definitely know that you aren’t right though.
no it is because of the projected cold in the NE. the companies are capping their wells reducing the output. NG as gone up $0.45 in the last month.

all winter long the price hoverred in the $1.60 range all winter long and now all of sudden a cold front that MIGHT LAST 2 weeks and they drive the price up.

this is price gouging being driven by the investors, speculators pure and simple all in colusion with the Gas and Oil companies, even the oils and gas fuels are being pushed higher because of HOPES that the demand will increase and the cut on the production of oil.

to the oil companies it like turning a spigot as to how much the pump out. all to drive the prices up so they can make more money.

there was a company that posted their 1st quarter earning of 30.1 BILLION dollars, for a 10.03 per month of revenue.

this company owns not only the oil wells but also the refinery, they don't pay anything for the oil they pump other than the salaries of the field workers. all they do is sit back and laugh at these investors/speculators controlling the prices.

in fact they just sat back and let the investors/speculators pay to take oil off their hand rather than making them take possession of the oil and pay storage,

Oil reached a low of -$ 34.00 pb because of people that only deal in paper. talk about making a profit have some one pay you to take possession then turn around and proccess that oil using some body else money to proccess,

I am talking about a couple barrel either I am talking about multi millions Barrels of oi per day.

even at just 1,000,000 barrels they made $34,000,000 with out spending a single penny out of their pockets, but in reality it was closer to 10,000,000 bpd for about 4 days for a $340,000,000 savings for the oil companies that process there own oil.

DOW -218.45
S&P -20.02
10 YTN +0.05 to 0.71
oil +$0.15 to $24.14
gas ended @$0.89.
NG ended @$1.95

DOW +211.25
S&P +32.77
10 YTN -0.08
oil -$0.77 to 23.37
gas +$0.04 to $0.93
NG $ -0.01 to $1.91