ADVERTISEMENT

IT Chapter 2

Maximum overdrive & Tommyknockers were soooo bad. Agreed on Storm of the Century, that might have been one of my favorite adaptations.
I love Storm of the century, wife runs and hides when it comes on.
It might explain why the answer is ALWAYS a hard "NO" when we crawl in bed and I say ”give me what I want and I'll go away". Haha.

Saw It Chapter 2 last Saturday. Some parts a little unnecessarily long, but very well done overall. Loved the running joke about endings throughout.

Reactions: UL_1986
Saw It Chapter 2 last Saturday. Some parts a little unnecessarily long, but very well done overall. Loved the running joke about endings throughout.
Agreed, some parts could’ve def been snipped from the final cut, but it was good. The ending was wayyyyy better than the miniseries. They kept it pretty true to the book, after re reading it.

Watched "it" tonight and I thought "it" was very good. On par with the first chapter and extremely well cast. I honestly didn't notice the long run time as I was into the story so much. A second viewing may be another story!

The only thing I wish could have been done for these movies would have been more practical effects. I guess I'm old school, but the CGI always looks fake to me. No matter how it's done, I just know it's fake and it takes me out of the movie a little bit. That's just my opinion though.

Does it reveal itself in spider form or do they eschew that for something else?

After a day or so to soak it in, pretty disappointed with some of the movie. I mean, I guess overall it was decent. But the ending was awful, and they could have easily cut an hour out of it. One was a lot better.

I barely remember Thinner (the movie). I haven't watched all of his because I just don't care for many of the adaptations. The non horror ones are usually good (Green Mile, Stand by Me, Shawshank, Misery, etc...) and ones like Carrie, The Shining, The Mist, and Storm of the Century are good. But then there are movies like Dreamcatcher, Dark Tower, Needful Things, Maximum Overdrive, Sleepwalkers, and Tommyknockers, etc... that are beyond terrible.

The Shining might be the best horror movie ever, and Shawshank is one of the best of any genre. The Mist is probably one of the best modern horror flicks. Carrie and Stand By Me are classics. Creepshow, Dead Zone and Christine are pretty good. Misery, Green Mile. Haven’t seen Dolores Claiborne but it’s said to be good.

The narrative of not doing him justice is probably overblown. Although it’s probably based mainly on the crappy ones of recent years.

After a day or so to soak it in, pretty disappointed with some of the movie. I mean, I guess overall it was decent. But the ending was awful, and they could have easily cut an hour out of it. One was a lot better.
The opening scene at the fair seemed completely superfluous to me tbh. You never saw those redneck kids again, seemed like a weak filler.

Reactions: volshawk
Yea, kind of an odd way to open it up. It was an entertaining movie, I’ve just seen way better horror films
No doubt. It was decent, but as a horror buff, I’d rate it as a 7 on a 10, and that’s pretty generous.

Favorite horror movie as of late. Saw It opening night, and just bought it recently on Apple TV. Really really good. Super dark with insane symbolism. Almost Kubrick esque symbolism.

Biggest mind**** for me was learning after the fact is was written by Keenan Peele

I enjoyed it for the most part but I didn’t really understand the reasoning for what was happening. I was probably drunk or high watching but maybe I just missed it. It was a good movie, though.

It’s a better movie if you don’t think too hard about it. I thought it was an amazing movie all the way up until the twist. The twist was pretty cool but opened some pretty annoying plot holes that... IMO.... didn’t need to be there.

It’s a better movie if you don’t think too hard about it. I thought it was an amazing movie all the way up until the twist. The twist was pretty cool but opened some pretty annoying plot holes that... IMO.... didn’t need to be there.

I thought the twist was the only good thing about it.

Didn’t find that movie entertaining at all. And I like Peele.

Right when they go to visit his buddies Lake house and the shit hits the fan, I had no clue what was in store.

Anyone see it yet? I caught the matinee earlier today..super good.
giphy.gif

Agreed on all counts with the additional caveat that the worst part of the movie (aside from making is almost 3 hours long) was the plot itself. Overall a very entertaining movie.

Might have been mentioned already but The Dome was a miniseries and it was beyond awful. Not among my favorite King novels either but the show took it to a different lower level. The Walk could be a really good movie. Another one I didn’t see ITT was The Running Man (another Bachman novel) which I enjoyed as a movie and even more as a novel.

Forgot about Cujo. I was so young when I watched it I don’t remember much except the ending sucked because the boy survived. That probably sounds messed up though. However, I read IT when I was like 11 years old so that probably explains some of what’s wrong with me.

Sounds like you’re into horror about like I am. I was brought up on all things horror. Halloween was always a big deal in our house (still is to this day) and we go all out. The original Halloween movies is what started it for me. Michael Myers freaks me out to this day.

Get out as well.

I liked 'Get Out' and 'Keanu'. I haven't seen his other ones.

Might have been mentioned already but The Dome was a miniseries and it was beyond awful. Not among my favorite King novels either but the show took it to a different lower level. The Walk could be a really good movie. Another one I didn’t see ITT was The Running Man (another Bachman novel) which I enjoyed as a movie and even more as a novel.

I liked The Dome book. I know the ending was sloppy but King's endings often are. The development is always great though. I haven't read his latest, 'The Institute', yet. I'm finishing up NOS4A2 right now (which is by his son).

Sounds like you’re into horror about like I am. I was brought up on all things horror. Halloween was always a big deal in our house (still is to this day) and we go all out. The original Halloween movies is what started it for me. Michael Myers freaks me out to this day.

I never liked the Friday the 13th series much but always enjoyed the Halloween movies for sure.

I liked 'Get Out' and 'Keanu'. I haven't seen his other ones.

I liked The Dome book. I know the ending was sloppy but King's endings often are. The development is always great though. I haven't read his latest, 'The Institute', yet. I'm finishing up NOS4A2 right now (which is by his son).

I never liked the Friday the 13th series much but always enjoyed the Halloween movies for sure.
Just finished The Institute and read all Joe Hill’s stuff as well. They’re both great storytellers imo.

Just finished The Institute and read all Joe Hill’s stuff as well. They’re both great storytellers imo.

I have read Horns, Heart-Shaped Box, and The Fireman. Liked all three quite a lot. The Fireman is right there with The Stand and Swan Song for me. I haven't read Strange Weather or Full Throttle. Did you read Sleeping Beauties? How was it? I've heard mixed things about it .

I have read Horns, Heart-Shaped Box, and The Fireman. Liked all three quite a lot. The Fireman is right there with The Stand and Swan Song for me. I haven't read Strange Weather or Full Throttle. Did you read Sleeping Beauties? How was it? I've heard mixed things about it .
Sleeping Beauties is pretty good read, cool concept and typically good character development. I’d recommend reading and of Hill’s stuff.

Definitely plan to, except for the comics. I have Strange Weather but haven't read it yet. Did you see the NOS4A2 show?

Definitely plan to, except for the comics. I have Strange Weather but haven't read it yet. Did you see the NOS4A2 show?
Started watching it but struggling to stay with it. Loved the book. In general the movie versions pale in comparison to the books. Can’t develop the characters in a movie format.

Yeah, I agree. Thought a show may work better like it did for Mr. Mercedes, which I really liked.

Yeah, I agree. Thought a show may work better like it did for Mr. Mercedes, which I really liked.
Maybe - I liked all the End of Watch trilogy. Every once in a while I check out what King is reading. Lately I checked out Cabin at the End of the World. Fun and relatively short.

Finally saw Chapter Two. I thought it was okay, but definitely enjoyed the first one more. It relied way more on CGI than the first part so the scares were cheaper. Also, I wish they would have spent more time developing the characters - the whole “artifact” segment was rushed.

ADVERTISEMENT