ADVERTISEMENT

IT Chapter 2

UL_1986

Sep 13, 2018
Anyone see it yet? I caught the matinee earlier today..super good.

No, it looks too silly for me. I'm a huge King nerd though and his movies generally suck when he is involved with them.
Give this one a shot, follows the book a lot closer than the miniseries. I just read IT again a few weeks ago, and there were some minor differences, but for the most part it stayed true to the novel.

Give this one a shot, follows the book a lot closer than the miniseries. I just read IT again a few weeks ago, and there were some minor differences, but for the most part it stayed true to the novel.
One of the differences being no orgy correct?

Reactions: UL_1986
That’s one that has never been done justice.
I read somewhere a few years ago that they were trying to make it into a film, I just don’t see how it’d be possible without it going over 5 hours.

I think they generally are better when they stray from the novel, like The Shining. The books just don't work that well when they stay true sometimes. Also, if he is involved they just suck. I love horror and love King and I haven't seen the first one either. I just think the trailer looks like a kids movie or something.

@coryfly did you read The Stand?

Yes, I have read everything King has done (and his son Joe as well) outside of his collaboration with his other boy (Sleeping Beauties). I use to have a huge three piece bookshelf with all of his first editions outside of Carrie and all decked out in creepy decor and weird stuff. I'm all into that sort of thing. It also included a bunch of pre-released Artist Edition copies and special rare versions of many of his books. The only thing I have left is my Pennywise head and one framed poster (below) in my basement. Sold it all when we built a new house.

The Stand is allegedly being turned into a ten episode series on CBS All Access. Unfortunately King is involved with it so I'm sure it will be awful.

39zcm0.gif

39zct1.gif

I think they generally are better when they stray from the novel, like The Shining. The books just don't work that well when they stay true sometimes. Also, if he is involved they just suck. I love horror and love King and I haven't seen the first one either. I just think the trailer looks like a kids movie or something.

Yes, I have read everything King has done (and his son Joe as well) outside of his collaboration with his other boy (Sleeping Beauties). I use to have a huge three piece bookshelf with all of his first editions outside of Carrie and all decked out in creepy decor and weird stuff. I'm all into that sort of thing. It also included a bunch of pre-released Artist Edition copies and special rare versions of many of his books. The only thing I have left is my Pennywise head and one framed poster (below) in my basement. Sold it all when we built a new house.

The Stand is allegedly being turned into a ten episode series on CBS All Access. Unfortunately King is involved with it so I'm sure it will be awful.

39zcm0.gif

39zct1.gif
Very cool memorabilia. The cheesiness factor is prevalent when King is involved for sure. Though I kind of like how bad the miniseries was for IT as well as the Stand. I also liked Thinner too.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Very cool memorabilia. The cheesiness factor is prevalent when King is involved for sure. Though I kind of like how bad the miniseries was for IT as well as the Stand. I also liked Thinner too.

I barely remember Thinner (the movie). I haven't watched all of his because I just don't care for many of the adaptations. The non horror ones are usually good (Green Mile, Stand by Me, Shawshank, Misery, etc...) and ones like Carrie, The Shining, The Mist, and Storm of the Century are good. But then there are movies like Dreamcatcher, Dark Tower, Needful Things, Maximum Overdrive, Sleepwalkers, and Tommyknockers, etc... that are beyond terrible.

I barely remember Thinner (the movie). I haven't watched all of his because I just don't care for many of the adaptations. The non horror ones are usually good (Green Mile, Stand by Me, Shawshank, Misery, etc...) and ones like Carrie, The Shining, The Mist, and Storm of the Century are good. But then there are movies like Dreamcatcher, Dark Tower, Needful Things, Maximum Overdrive, Sleepwalkers, and Tommyknockers, etc... that are beyond terrible.
Maximum overdrive & Tommyknockers were soooo bad. Agreed on Storm of the Century, that might have been one of my favorite adaptations.

Maximum overdrive & Tommyknockers were soooo bad. Agreed on Storm of the Century, that might have been one of my favorite adaptations.

I think if HBO would get a hold of the Dark Tower stuff and do it on Sunday nights like they do with their premier shows it could be fantastic. It is so vast it would take something like that though.

@coryfly I still think you should give both of the new IT films a shot, they were pretty well done, def not kids movies. The second one is pretty raw.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think if HBO would get a hold of the Dark Tower stuff and do it on Sunday nights like they do with their premier shows it could be fantastic. It is so vast it would take something like that though.
HBO would be be the perfect format and platform for the Dark Tower series. I loved those books, some of my favorites.

I tried to watch the first one once. Didn’t like it. Maybe I’ll watch the second one eventually though.

HBO would be be the perfect format and platform for the Dark Tower series. I loved those books, some of my favorites.

They would need to begin with Marten and Roland’s mother and go from there IMO.

HBO is doing Lovecraft Country, which I’m excited about. It isn’t actually Lovecraft but a sort of weird take on some Lovecraftian type stuff. Book was decent but think the adaptation will be very good.

Trying to think of the last great King movie adaptation.

Misery? Green Mile? Shawshank and Stand by me (which both were a part of the same novella), were before those.

Last edited:
All time we'd have to included Carrie, Cujo and The Shining, right? Am I leaving out any? I feel like I'm leaving something out.
I really should read the thread first. Sorry @coryfly and post #16,

Forgot about Cujo. I was so young when I watched it I don’t remember much except the ending sucked because the boy survived. That probably sounds messed up though. However, I read IT when I was like 11 years old so that probably explains some of what’s wrong with me.

The Long Walk was a novella during King's Richard Bachman stint I think.

Fairly intense and a perfect scenario for King's character building. One of my favorites.

I don't know how it would translate to the screen, but I think it might be in the works. The rights were sold long ago but nothing every came from it. I believe the rights to this work has changed hands.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
The Long Walk was a novella during King's Richard Bachman stint I think.

Fairly intense and a perfect scenario for King's character building. One of my favorites.

I don't know how it would translate to the screen, but I think it might be in the works. The rights were sold long ago but nothing every came from it. I believe the rights to this work has changed hands.

A lot of his novels and short stories are technically in the works. Most of his stuff has the rites owned by someone. Like you said, it changes hands a lot as well. The Bachman stuff was good. The Long Walk was a great read.

Solid movie. Was entertained. Don’t think I felt scared once. Wasn’t expecting to be. Story itself is good. Not a big fan of the CGI effects they ran with... seemed too computerized

ADVERTISEMENT