ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Moss to KU

It’s just fun to look at history and try and make sense of why things happened the way they did. Kentucky benefitted from playing in the SEC. I think that much is obvious but they would’ve been elite no matter what conference they were in.
There's no doubt UK and KU has padded their win totals playing in our respective conferences.

If you have the 2nd-best team in the nation in your conference, you should probably have to play them to claim a national title, no?

...good God, you live in a world of ifs and buts.

No, I live in the real world. You guys talk about selective stats, yet you ignore anything that doesn't help your narrative.

No one is denying anyone the title of national champion in any given year. The question is "which program has been the best throughout history?" And to answer this question, you have to dig a little deeper than a few surface-level numbers. It's also subjective.

Last edited:
Kentucky is the best historical college basketball program unless you are one that only values championships but then you are no fun to discuss things with.

Who is #2 depends on how you value different criteria...

I do think it is valid to more heavily weight NCAA championships that occurred since 1985 (but not like that is really helping KU) but really pretty much whatever measure you want to use there are 4 top programs...Kentucky, UNC, Duke, & Kansas...I can admit that from a "juice" stand point...KU probably comes in 4th on that list...KU is elite and they get plenty of pub...just not quite as much glitz as the other 3...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I know nothing about him other than what has been posted on here in the last week. I just hope he’s good for 6 points a game from 3.

He was a little streaky last year. He'll drop a 7-12, then follow with an 0-4. But overall, he'll shoot a nice percentage from three and can create his own shot.

I know nothing about him other than what has been posted on here in the last week. I just hope he’s good for 6 points a game from 3.
this is the info on Moss
3 year starter these were his RSJR stats.
24.1 mpg. 9.2 ppg on a team that had 4 players in dbl digits in scoring.
100 rebounds
62 assists
49 TO's
32 steals
7 blocks
39.2% FG %
79.1% ft %
42.1% 3 point % on 48-114
RSSO stats
24.2 mpg
11.1 ppg one of 4 players that avg'd dbl digits in scoring
74 rebounds
62 assists
41 T/0's
22 steals
7 blocks
42 % fg
87.9% FT's
38.6% 3 point % on 49-127
RSFR Stats
17.1 mpg
6.5 ppg
55 rebounds
29 assists
19 steals
13 blocks
41.2% fg
74.2% ft's
35.8% from 3 on 29-81

Kansas is getting a 6'5 WG that can handle the ball by getting rebounds, assists, steals and blocks along with a consistant scoring threat. his best was scoring 19 points in 90 SECONDS.

6 ppg what a joke.

this is the info on Moss
3 year starter these were his RSJR stats.
24.1 mpg. 9.2 ppg on a team that had 4 players in dbl digits in scoring.
100 rebounds
62 assists
49 TO's
32 steals
7 blocks
39.2% FG %
79.1% ft %
42.1% 3 point % on 48-114
RSSO stats
24.2 mpg
11.1 ppg one of 4 players that avg'd dbl digits in scoring
74 rebounds
62 assists
41 T/0's
22 steals
7 blocks
42 % fg
87.9% FT's
38.6% 3 point % on 49-127
RSFR Stats
17.1 mpg
6.5 ppg
55 rebounds
29 assists
19 steals
13 blocks
41.2% fg
74.2% ft's
35.8% from 3 on 29-81

Kansas is getting a 6'5 WG that can handle the ball by getting rebounds, assists, steals and blocks along with a consistant scoring threat. his best was scoring 19 points in 90 SECONDS.

6 ppg what a joke.

Moss isn’t a monster individual addition, but he will be an important piece that solidifies our rotation. Role players are usually key to successful seasons

Moss isn’t a monster individual addition, but he will be an important piece that solidifies our rotation. Role players are usually key to successful seasons
he might just surprise the hell out of you, playing with these he got buried on a team that just won 23 games.
Cook top 40 by ESPN
Jordan 4* by ESPN
Garza top 100 by ESPN
top 4 scorers
last season Wieskamp top 100
kinda hard to be the go to guy which is why he left has this was not going to happen, things have changed but after he left these changes have happened
JR Cook left for the pro's
JR Jordan just had hip surgery putting his SR season in limbo
JR Dailey transferred to Akron

suddenly a solid core of 4 SR's are gone and in the preseason brackets they dropped from a 3 seed to a 6 seed.

that's how important that he would have been to a possible #3 seed. Moss was rated a 4* SF by ESPN coming out of Simeon HS, Chicago.

he is no role player.

Reactions: toonces11
I will guess that you are laughing at the 19 points in 90 seconds. Minnesota didn't think it was funny as he did that vs them on their court.
I would love it if he did that but I know how Bill Self’s offense works. This guy will probably be coming off the bench for 10-15 minutes a game while only taking around 5 shots, mostly from 3. If he averages 2 three’s a game I’m happy. I’d love for him to exceed that expectation from me.

I would love it if he did that but I know how Bill Self’s offense works. This guy will probably be coming off the bench for 10-15 minutes a game while only taking around 5 shots, mostly from 3. If he averages 2 three’s a game I’m happy. I’d love for him to exceed that expectation from me.

I think there's a good chance he'll start. Agbaji is probably the starting wing, which leaves Garrett as the most likely to start over him at the 2. I certainly wouldn't start Garrett over him. I doubt that Self will either, regardless of how much he loves his defense.

He lacks a good drive game, but can shoot very well. And not just from 3.

He just lacks handles.

I think there's a good chance he'll start. Agbaji is probably the starting wing, which leaves Garrett as the most likely to start over him at the 2. I certainly wouldn't start Garrett over him. I doubt that Self will either, regardless of how much he loves his defense.
Maybe. Self did say last year that he feels very uncomfortable without Garrett on the floor. I don’t know if you trade his defense for a guy that will be the 3rd-4th scoring option on the floor.

KU should be getting that Wilson kid as well. I'm not sure if he is a transfer or a 2019 guy though.

he might just surprise the hell out of you, playing with these he got buried on a team that just won 23 games.
Cook top 40 by ESPN
Jordan 4* by ESPN
Garza top 100 by ESPN
top 4 scorers
last season Wieskamp top 100
kinda hard to be the go to guy which is why he left has this was not going to happen, things have changed but after he left these changes have happened
JR Cook left for the pro's
JR Jordan just had hip surgery putting his SR season in limbo
JR Dailey transferred to Akron

suddenly a solid core of 4 SR's are gone and in the preseason brackets they dropped from a 3 seed to a 6 seed.

that's how important that he would have been to a possible #3 seed. Moss was rated a 4* SF by ESPN coming out of Simeon HS, Chicago.

he is no role player.
I hope you're right! I didn't mean role player as a cut down, I meant he supplies a skill we lacked and should thrive in his role for our team.

I hope you're right! I didn't mean role player as a cut down, I meant he supplies a skill we lacked and should thrive in his role for our team.

He will be a role player, I would suspect. He struggled being the go to guy.

Maybe. Self did say last year that he feels very uncomfortable without Garrett on the floor. I don’t know if you trade his defense for a guy that will be the 3rd-4th scoring option on the floor.

I think it might come down to handles. Self likes to have two ball handlers on the court, so that might work in Garrett’s favor. But his presence on the court kills spacing.

Do you really think Garrett’s defense is that big of an asset? I think he’s solid but way overrated. He’s not a lockdown one on one defender that you can rely on to take a good player out of the game.

Moss is a very good defender as shown by the number of Blocks by a 6'5 player and the number of steals as he was always in the top 3 on the team in steals. defense nor scoring is a problem like I said he was buried by a bunch of scorers. any of them could score 20+ point every game. the nice part was nobody had to be the man every game.

when a team as 4 players avg'ing dbl digits in scoring it hard to get a 5th scorer in dbl digits. that has been the case in his 3 years. his best season was his RSSO season before top 100 ESPN #42 by rivals Wieskamp joined the team
24.2 mpg
11.1 ppg 4th on the team
74/57 defensive rebounds
62 assists 2nd on the team
41 TO's
22 steals T-2nd on the team
7 blocks
shooting
42% from the field on 129 of 306
38.6% from 3 on 49 of 127
87.9% from the FTL on 58 of 66.
Moss is a very good player that was not happy with his role as he wanted the offense to run thru him maybe with Kansas he will be happy with his place in the lineup.

some players just feel they should be the man.

Reactions: toonces11
Moss is a very good defender as shown by the number of Blocks by a 6'5 player and the number of steals as he was always in the top 3 on the team in steals. defense nor scoring is a problem like I said he was buried by a bunch of scorers. any of them could score 20+ point every game. the nice part was nobody had to be the man every game.

when a team as 4 players avg'ing dbl digits in scoring it hard to get a 5th scorer in dbl digits. that has been the case in his 3 years. his best season was his RSSO season before top 100 ESPN #42 by rivals Wieskamp joined the team
24.2 mpg
11.1 ppg 4th on the team
74/57 defensive rebounds
62 assists 2nd on the team
41 TO's
22 steals T-2nd on the team
7 blocks
shooting
42% from the field on 129 of 306
38.6% from 3 on 49 of 127
87.9% from the FTL on 58 of 66.
Moss is a very good player that was not happy with his role as he wanted the offense to run thru him maybe with Kansas he will be happy with his place in the lineup.

some players just feel they should be the man.
Are you saying Iowa is more loaded than Kansas? :D

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Dotson, Agbaji, DeSousa & Doke should all be double digit scorers.

If Moss can add 10 pts game on a high shooting percentage we will be pretty salty.

Interesting that Self said David McCormack was our most improved player and it wasn't remotely close.

Dotson, Agbaji, DeSousa & Doke should all be double digit scorers.

If Moss can add 10 pts game on a high shooting percentage we will be pretty salty.

Interesting that Self said David McCormack was our most improved player and it wasn't remotely close.

I like the roster construction. It came together nicely. Depth, experience, talent, lineup versatility.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I like the roster construction. It came together nicely. Depth, experience, talent, lineup versatility.
It has to be nice to have players you're not expecting to have an instant impact.

Not just us, but our rivals are expecting our new players to over perform.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT