ADVERTISEMENT

Is Zion already a top 50 NBA player?

Yes. NBA is going smaller and smaller. Zion is gonna be the second heaviest dude in the league from day one. Despite being smaller he's a good rim protector. He'll be a bigger mismatch on offense with centers too.

You realize he's like 6'6", right?

You realize he's like 6'6", right?

So was Barkley and he battled with some of the best bigs of all time. There are some matchups he won't be able to handle at the 5. Same with the 4 though.

So was Barkley and he battled with some of the best bigs of all time. There are some matchups he won't be able to handle at the 5. Same with the 4 though.

So if Barkley were playing today, he'd play the 5?

Zion putting work back in the day

Last edited:
Reactions: Dattier
Some of Zion's teammates will need to play the zero to leave room for him to play the 3, 4, and 5 all at the same time.

So if Barkley were playing today, he'd play the 5?

Absolutely. I don't think people realize how different the NBA is today. It's a perimeter first league. How many bigs nowadays can't shoot?

Some of Zion's teammates will need to play the zero to leave room for him to play the 3, 4, and 5 all at the same time.

Zion is not a 3 at all, has anyone said that?

Absolutely. I don't think people realize how different the NBA is today. It's a perimeter first league. How many bigs nowadays can't shoot?

Zion is not a 3 at all, has anyone said that?

I'm willing to wager whatever you'd like that he won't play the 5 a majority of the time.

A left handed Andrew Wiggins is nowhere close to top 50. Zion has an elite elite skill set.

Zion is gonna need to shoot better from beyond 18 feet before I say he has an “elite skill set” in the NBA.

Reactions: RipThru

I love the headline on that, did UCF provide the blueprint for beating Duke.

I used my connections and inside sources to get a hold of that blueprint and here it is...

Step 1: Get a 7'6 center
Step 2: Cut a hole in a box
Step 3: Put your dick in the box
Step 4: Make layup on final possession

Reactions: Dattier
Step 1: Get a 7'6 center
Step 2: Cut a hole in a box
Step 3: Put your dick in the box
Step 4: Make layup on final possession
Freaks-and-Geeks-laughing-gif.gif

A bit more on the Zion effect... or is it the Duke effect... or is it a bit of both?

Reactions: sgrooms

He may not be an NBA player, but he gets the attention of one... and then some.
To be fair . . . some of the attention isn't avoidable for many. If you have to watch ESPN for anything it's like a time share presentation if you want the free weekend stay. This isn't a complaint about Zion, but on ESPN.

You have to stand the rain for the rainbow sometimes I guess.

Many ESPN watchers these days;

getty_475085221_970581970450081_64301.jpg

Last edited:
I love watching him play. He plays with intensity on both sides of the ball. That alone sets him apart from 80% of NBA players. Most guys are all offense and lazy defenders or 1 dimensional offense players and above average defenders (3 and D guys or Paint only Bigs).

Zion is going to be similar to Julius Randle except Zion is more athletic and he actually makes a difference on the defensive end where as Julius is an average defender and Julius is no where near the rim protector Zion is now and who Zion is going to be if he improves!

**This season @DukeMBB followers added (358,000) on Instagram exceeds the total all-time following of all other college basketball accounts.

**On Instagram, Duke has more followers than any other college hoops team, and over three times as many followers as the second-most (Kentucky).

**Duke has more Instagram followers than the next four college hoops teams (Kentucky, UNC, UCLA, Kansas) combined.

**Duke has more followers than every conference’s schools combined in college hoops (including the ACC without Duke).

**Duke has gotten 36.7 million video views on Instagram since July (Kentucky is next closest with 10.05 million in college hoops)

(But of course Duke doesn’t have any fans. Just ask our resident crazy old man.)

Does Williamson have an outside shot? I saw him for the first time tonight and he is a bull in a china shop driving down the lane but does he have a midrange jumper or a 3 point shot? Driving and at the rim he's a beast but can a tweener excel in the NBA without an outside shot regardless or how athletic and strong? I'm not so sure.

Does Williamson have an outside shot? I saw him for the first time tonight and he is a bull in a china shop driving down the lane but does he have a midrange jumper or a 3 point shot? Driving and at the rim he's a beast but can a tweener excel in the NBA without an outside shot regardless or how athletic and strong? I'm not so sure.

you realize asking that question is like asking if zion is the best basketball player on earth, right? you are basically describing someone along the lines of lebron in his prime.

what is clear is that right now zion can do a lot of shit that a lot of dudes in the NBA just don't have the ability to do. how he ranks in the NBA is to be determined, but i'd venture a guess he's going to be pretty damn filthy.

you realize asking that question is like asking if zion is the best basketball player on earth, right? you are basically describing someone along the lines of lebron in his prime.

what is clear is that right now zion can do a lot of shit that a lot of dudes in the NBA just don't have the ability to do. how he ranks in the NBA is to be determined, but i'd venture a guess he's going to be pretty damn filthy.

Really? Expecting an NBA forward to have some kind of outside shot is asking too much?

**This season @DukeMBB followers added (358,000) on Instagram exceeds the total all-time following of all other college basketball accounts.

**On Instagram, Duke has more followers than any other college hoops team, and over three times as many followers as the second-most (Kentucky).

**Duke has more Instagram followers than the next four college hoops teams (Kentucky, UNC, UCLA, Kansas) combined.

**Duke has more followers than every conference’s schools combined in college hoops (including the ACC without Duke).

**Duke has gotten 36.7 million video views on Instagram since July (Kentucky is next closest with 10.05 million in college hoops)

So what?

Oh, it’s a thread about if Zion is a top 50 player in a league he isn’t in... so I figured it would be okay to post this stuff, which is a pretty interesting indicator of at least the interest he is generating. Didn’t want to make it it’s own thread (even tho social media stuff is interesting).

Reactions: bigfische
Really? Expecting an NBA forward to have some kind of outside shot is asking too much?

his shot, at 18, is more than serviceable enough to make him the clearest #1 pick since prolly lebron. i mean the dude is something sick like 70% from the field on the year. what you are asking for is a top 5 player on earth. not top 50. i think he's probably a top 50 player the second he collects his first pay check. if he's not, then it won't take him long.

In the off-season, outside shots work on getting a Zion.

Reactions: bigfische
I don’t want to make such a star-studded comparison but he truly reminds me of LeBron.

I’d say that he’s a top 50 player, but I think he’ll struggle against true bruising 5’s at the rim.

I’m probably going to get flamed for this, but Zion kind of reminds me of pre-injury Derrick Rose. I know Zion is massive but the way he moves around resembles Rose imo. He doesn’t have the handles, but he’s just as athletic,his driving abilities are insane, and can sort of hit the three.

Reactions: sgrooms

How is that possible?

Prior to watching Zion for the first time, he was conceived, raised, introduced to sports, tv, internet. etc. (that was actually my order of seeing Zion for the first time).
Considering how Zion delivers ALL babies, I repeat the original question: How is that possible?

Williamson has time to start working on his outside shot now.

Pretty sure he shot near 40% from deep after he came back on like 5 attempts a game. Biggest issue is he can't really create it off the bounce.

ADVERTISEMENT