ADVERTISEMENT

Is Zion already a top 50 NBA player?

Even being super protected as a #1 pick Zion will get owned next year, there's a line out the door of dudes waiting to make a name during summer ball off clowning this child of hype, the " brotherhood " is about to take a D to the face.

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Possibly. I mean look at Doncic. It was very obvious last year at this time that he would have already been a top 50 player, and this year he's proving he's probably a top 35 player. And Doncic is what, 19?

But Doncic is gonna be a top 5 player in the NBA in a few years. I don't think Zion will ever reach that.

Even being super protected as a #1 pick Zion will get owned next year, there's a line out the door of dudes waiting to make a name during summer ball off clowning this child of hype, the " brotherhood " is about to take a D to the face.
Posts like this are a side effect of your medicine.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
I love Zion’s game, and think his skill should translate well to the league. Immediate top 50 is a bit of a stretch, but definitely sooner than later, and possibly by the end of his rookie year.

I also have extreme doubts about those knees holding up, playing like a bull in a china shop against the best competition in the world, for 82 games a year.

I think he has to slim down to have a long career. I’d rather see him be the next LeBron than the next Greg Oden.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Possibly. I mean look at Doncic. It was very obvious last year at this time that he would have already been a top 50 player, and this year he's proving he's probably a top 35 player. And Doncic is what, 19?

But Doncic is gonna be a top 5 player in the NBA in a few years. I don't think Zion will ever reach that.

Doncic was playing professional ball against top teams in Europe. College is a much bigger jump. Zion is gonna be good. Real good. Top 50 from day one might be a stretch.

You’re telling me Zion Williamson isn’t better right now than Harrison Barnes or Andre Drummond? Give me a break.
Andre Drummond is averaging 17 and 15 so... No.

Reactions: asindc
Doncic was playing professional ball against top teams in Europe. College is a much bigger jump. Zion is gonna be good. Real good. Top 50 from day one might be a stretch.

Agreed. That's why I said "possibly" for Zion. RJ Barrett is also possibly a top 50 NBA player next year.

Top 50 yes. The question is where will he be by end of his rookie season?
If he keeps eating, here?
giphy.gif

Agreed. That's why I said "possibly" for Zion. RJ Barrett is also possibly a top 50 NBA player next year.

A left handed Andrew Wiggins is nowhere close to top 50. Zion has an elite elite skill set.

Andre Drummond is averaging 17 and 15 so... No.
On a bad team like the Knicks right now, Zion averages 20 and 12 easily as he's got much better post moves than Dre and will score in bunches of live ball turnovers in the modern day NBA.

Remember, teams won't be able to pack the paint vs Zion in the NBA because he'd be kicking it out to a wide open Devin Booker or Trae Young instead of Tre Jones and Jordan Goldwire at Duke. RollLaugh

On a bad team like the Knicks right now, Zion averages 20 and 12 easily as he's got much better post moves than Dre and will score in bunches of live ball turnovers in the modern day NBA.

Remember, teams won't be able to pack the paint vs Zion in the NBA because he'd be kicking it out to a wide open Devin Booker or Trae Young instead of Tre Jones and Jordan Goldwire at Duke. RollLaugh

Cool. Remember Zion will probably play a lot of 5 in the NBA and will be going against other stupid athletes. He won't get away with 12 fouls a game like he goes at duke either. He's ridiculous but I'd be surprised if he came in and dominated from day one. It's usually a slower process for bigs. Look at AD.

Cool. Remember Zion will probably play a lot of 5 in the NBA and will be going against other stupid athletes. He won't get away with 12 fouls a game like he goes at duke either. He's ridiculous but I'd be surprised if he came in and dominated from day one. It's usually a slower process for bigs. Look at AD.
He really should return to Duke for his sophomore year.

He doesn't even play the 5 at Duke, yet you think he'll play the 5 in the NBA?

He doesn't even play the 5 at Duke, yet you think he'll play the 5 in the NBA?

Yes. NBA is going smaller and smaller. Zion is gonna be the second heaviest dude in the league from day one. Despite being smaller he's a good rim protector. He'll be a bigger mismatch on offense with centers too.

ADVERTISEMENT