ADVERTISEMENT

Is Zion already a top 50 NBA player?

Paul Pierce mentioned that he thinks Zion would be a top 50 player in the NBA if he were to enter the league right now.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/03/2...is-already-a-top-50-best-player-in-the-world/

Thoughts? A lot of people in 2003 thought LeBron was already a top 30 player when he was a senior in HS so its interesting to think about.
We'll see. If he's allowed to charge through the lane like a fullback yes. If he has to play by the same rules as everyone else, no. His jumper is terrible and I question if his body type will hold up through an NBA schedule. Massively athletic but only average skills for an NBA player.

Pretty sure he shot near 40% from deep after he came back on like 5 attempts a game. Biggest issue is he can't really create it off the bounce.
Pretty sure he shot 33% on 2 perimeter attempts per game. Considering most of those were open looks in fear of being run over, I'd say he has work to do.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Pretty sure he shot near 40% from deep after he came back on like 5 attempts a game. Biggest issue is he can't really create it off the bounce.
:eek:
He does need to tighten up his handle, but he created plenty off the bounce.

:eek:
He does need to tighten up his handle, but he created plenty off the bounce.

Meant in terms of his 3 point shot. Almost all of those were from a set position.

He was downright terrifying driving with the ball. Showed very good passing instincts as well.

Reactions: Dattier
We'll see. If he's allowed to charge through the lane like a fullback yes. If he has to play by the same rules as everyone else, no. His jumper is terrible and I question if his body type will hold up through an NBA schedule. Massively athletic but only average skills for an NBA player.
It is called power and he was hacked on the majority of those drives with no calls. Enjoy the KU sanctions.

ADVERTISEMENT