ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a bigger pile of hot garbage than West Coast basketball?

The WCC might be better than the Pac 12 this year just because of Gonzaga

No. Gonzaga is far better than any team in the PAC-12. From top to bottom, the PAC-12 is a better, more talented league. It’s obscenely awful in comparison to every other power conference, but it’s better and more talented than the WCC.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No. Gonzaga is far better than any team in the PAC-12. From top to bottom, the PAC-12 is a better, more talented league. It’s obscenely awful in comparison to every other power conference, but it’s better and more talented than the WCC.
I was being facetious but yeah you’re right. Just poking fun at the Pac 12 since they’re not very good

Saw an interesting piece of info about Nevada...they have ZERO Quad 1 wins.

Yea, they're really overrated. There's even a chance they don't win the regular season MWC. They still have home to Fresno St. (the 3rd place team) and at Utah State (the 2nd place team) on their schedule.

You wouldn't want Nevada in your bracket.
They are probably the most explosive scoring team in college basketball.
Could go on a 16-0 run in 2 minutes.

Jordan Caroline is probably the most undervalued college basketball player.
I would love for Kentucky to play those powerful dudes.

Geeze.

I would love for Kentucky to play those powerful dudes.

Geeze.

Haven't watched many Kentucky games this year so I can't say either way.

Seen Nevada a few times and they returned pretty much their same team from last year.
When they go on a run it is impressive.
Have to limit their runs and rebound the ball.

Kentucky is too young of a team. Could beat them but not a for sure thing if you ask my general opinion.

Don't know why Kentucky fans are overconfident going into March.
They are a good team. At least Sweet 16. But Kentucky could lose very easily to probably 20+ teams right now in the Sweet 16.
Just like last year with a Kansas St team that didn't have Dean Wade.

They are a good team. At least Sweet 16. But Kentucky could lose very easily to probably 20+ teams right now in the Sweet 16.

Well, in their defense, they do own a shit ton of titles

Meh. Give Iowa Nevada in any round.

Saw a little of Iowa against UCONN earlier in the year.
Forgot his name but you have a forward with a real good motor that I liked.
Had a big number like #40.
Tyler Cook #25 is who it was.

Iowa is a decent team but where they are now I don't think they get into the Sweet 16.
Not a 8 or 9 that can make a deep run.
There are two this year.

Think Iowa would do much better as a 7 or 10

Haven't watched many Kentucky games this year so I can't say either way.

Seen Nevada a few times and they returned pretty much their same team from last year.
When they go on a run it is impressive.
Have to limit their runs and rebound the ball.

Kentucky is too young of a team. Could beat them but not a for sure thing if you ask my general opinion.

You’ve seen Nevada play high school teams so far.

Good teams destroy their opponents after a loss.
Nevada won by 40 after their first loss.
If what I think is true....Nevada will destroy their next opponent.

They did the same thing last year.
Can't expect that team to sleep through a tournament game.

I can't stand him. There are people on this board that actually like him. I'll never understand it.

That's because yore a Duke fan and therefore most likely have no sense of humor.

Bet you wear a dark suit on game day.

Anyone else think this thread is ironic being started by an Iowa fan?

Trust us, Nevada is exactly what we think they are. KenPom has them at #20 and that's about right.

So what, they made the sweet 16 last year. Who did they beat to get there? That bracket totally imploded.

UK, Duke, UVA, UNC and UT would be awful matchups for Nevada.

I would kill to see Nevada as UK's opponent in the E8, I would purchase my FF tickets as soon as I saw that matchup.

See, you're watching Nevada play a bunch of mid major teams and they actually lost one of those games. If they had to play in a legit conference, where every game was a dogfight, you wouldn't feel so confident about Nevada, they would have been exposed for what they are by now. Instead, they're just going to have to wait until the NCAAT to find out what their weaknesses are.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Trust us, Nevada is exactly what we think they are. KenPom has them at #20 and that's about right.

So what, they made the sweet 16 last year. Who did they beat to get there? That bracket totally imploded.

UK, Duke, UVA, UNC and UT would be awful matchups for Nevada.

I would kill to see Nevada as UK's opponent in the E8, I would purchase my FF tickets as soon as I saw that matchup.

See, you're watching Nevada play a bunch of mid major teams and they actually lost one of those games. If they had to play in a legit conference, where every game was a dogfight, you wouldn't feel so confident about Nevada, they would have been exposed for what they are by now. Instead, they're just going to have to wait until the NCAAT to find out what their weaknesses are.

Statistical analysis is only as good as the data.
Some 4-5 are there because they play in a major conference and these stats put them there.
That is why a lot of 12 and 13 seeds win.

Except last year with Wichita State. I thought they were overrated.
Between Nevada and Buffalo I would rather play Buffalo because Nevada is not something a lot of college basketball sees.

It is simple X's and O's.

If you have a bunch of big guards and a big with girth you can beat Nevada.

Their guards are tall.
Their three main players are interchangeable.
The Martin twins and Caroline.

You need to keep these players off the boards and not allow them to have two or three looks at the basket

Watch the end of the Cincinnati/Nevada game last year.

Cincinnati was a very good team last year.
Defensively and rebounding.

But Nevada went on their run Cincinnati was helpless.

They are a year older with their point guard back.

Apparently you have limited experience, but nbd. You don't have to be a stoner to have a goofy sense of humor.
Limited experience? Lol Not even close to the case. Ive made gravity bongs out of water cooler jugs. I just dont smoke much anymore, and I dont want to listen to Bill ramble on about Bob Dylan during a ball game. Its ******ed.

That's because yore a Duke fan and therefore most likely have no sense of humor.

Bet you wear a dark suit on game day.

I actually have a great sense of humor and don't take myself too seriously. If I was out drinking, sure, I'd love to have a conversation with the guy. Just want no part of his incoherent ass during a game. Met him in Maui this year and was not impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT