ADVERTISEMENT

Is Kyrie Irving the dumbest guy to ever attend Duke?

So you just made up a farce implying I make threads about Duke constantly. Got it. You’re not good at this little dude.
You may not start them but you damn sure make it known you live vicariously through duke since your team blows

Reactions: RonEJones
You may not start them but you damn sure make it known you live vicariously through duke since your team blows
So what you said was false, now you’re doubling back with a statement that’s also false. When’s your nap time? o_O

Nope, however I guarantee I will see you in a Louisville thread or on our homeboard, per usual. Winking
I always enjoy a good Louisville thread especially when y’all are hanging up on that doche Zipp. Always good for a laugh

Reactions: UL_1986
Do people really think that the earth is flat
"“When I said it, though, I had been watching a whole bunch of Instagram videos,” Irving told Redick. “Meaning, like, I had these specific pages on Instagram that were like, ’The truth given to you,’ and videos like ‘This is the flat Earth, and the horizons evens out only on flat Earth,’ and I was just like — I didn’t do as much research as I had to do in order to say something like that because I was just ready to blurt it out, like, ‘Flat Earth man it’s a conspiracy theory. They want to get us.’ And when you start thinking about it, it’s just like, the actual intent behind it was just like, ‘Do your own research.’ You know what I mean? And that’s it. A lot of the things that were just told to me, I was just like, ‘Oh, OK.’”

He really isn't that bright.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorites b/c it hasn't been as compromised by greed and consumerism as some others. I completely respect where Kyrie is coming from, though, and recognize that Thanksgiving has traditionally been built on a lie. He could have stated his intelligent response in a more diplomatic way, though.

But we're not allowed to talk politics during the season, so this thread should be deleted and the OP should be banned, @Kevin Bryan .

Not a political thread at all. Stop posting this in threads you dont approve of or I will ban you for good. Dont bother to reply or send me a PM either.
giphy.gif

Not a political thread at all. Stop posting this in threads you dont approve of or I will ban you for good. Dont bother to reply or send me a PM either.
I'll stop posting it so I don't get banned forever for pointing out the subversive political nature of lots of threads and how the threats about banishment for talking politics doesn't apply to all.

As, per your phrasing, the forever and ever ban doesn't apply to replying here or PMing you, I'll do one of those.

The bold... that's not it. Using sexual orientation as a means of taunting someone IS political. Dismissing me as "liberal" IS political. Making jokes about how I would make a flagrant assault on the basketball court into a racial issue when I did no such thing IS political. Claiming "illegals" and dead people voted in Florida IS political. Getting up in arms about Kyrie Irving's not celebrating Thanksgiving IS political. I'm more than happy to discuss politics any time, any where, but if we're going to be put under threat of bans for talking politics... and what it really means is that the good ol' boy normalization of making political wisecracks is completely acceptable and what's really forbidden is standing up to it... then I'm pointing out that hypocrisy in the moderating.

And another thing... you and I haven't said spit to each other in about a year or more; I've been pretty freakin' respectful of the rules-as-enforced here and you've been almost completely absent, and THIS is how you choose to reopen communication... Making up rules and issuing threats based on a cowardly acquiescence to good ol' boy mob mentality. How MLing dare you.

This. So what snowflakes...get over it
I agree to a point. I wish he would not have responded like that though. He is representing the Boston Celtics. Paid ridiculously well to do so. He certainly could have chosen his words more wisely IMO. I don't have any issue with how he may or may not feel about the holiday, that's his choice. Lord knows Kyrie is a different kind of dude. His thinking and words can be way out there.

They don't get paid. I don't know where people come up with this shit.
I always wondered where that "mods get paid" thing came from. If we are suppose to be getting paid, it's been 10 years and I have yet to see a pay check for moderating.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
@Kevin Bryan , I addressed you about the rule you stated adamantly and in no uncertain terms, and I've respected it. Now you're passing it off to other mods who have barely even been here.

I agree to a point. I wish he would not have responded like that though. He is representing the Boston Celtics. Paid ridiculously well to do so. He certainly could have chosen his words more wisely IMO. I don't have any issue with how he may or may not feel about the holiday, that's his choice. Lord knows Kyrie is a different kind of dude. His thinking and words can be way out there.

There's no arguing that was not unprofessional. I completely agree with you. I've just reached a point in my life when I'm rarely offended. I just don't care, and that's a beautiful thing.

"“When I said it, though, I had been watching a whole bunch of Instagram videos,” Irving told Redick. “Meaning, like, I had these specific pages on Instagram that were like, ’The truth given to you,’ and videos like ‘This is the flat Earth, and the horizons evens out only on flat Earth,’ and I was just like — I didn’t do as much research as I had to do in order to say something like that because I was just ready to blurt it out, like, ‘Flat Earth man it’s a conspiracy theory. They want to get us.’ And when you start thinking about it, it’s just like, the actual intent behind it was just like, ‘Do your own research.’ You know what I mean? And that’s it. A lot of the things that were just told to me, I was just like, ‘Oh, OK.’”

He really isn't that bright.
If you were trying to prove Kyrie is not an intelligent person, the statement you quoted from him above is a good place to start. While I completely disagree with his on the flat earth thing and his stance on thanksgiving, I don't think that automatically makes him an unintelligent person.

There's no arguing that was not unprofessional. I completely agree with you. I've just reached a point in my life when I'm rarely offended. I just don't care, and that's a beautiful thing.
I am right there with you. It is very difficult to offend me too much at this point in life.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Says the guy who spends more time on our home board than his own. Laughing

I can't view RR, but I'd wager to bet that it's a huge talking point with plenty of vitriol being thrown around.
I have 15,000 posts in RR >1000 on your board

I'll stop posting it so I don't get banned forever for pointing out the subversive political nature of lots of threads and how the threats about banishment for talking politics doesn't apply to all.

As, per your phrasing, the forever and ever ban doesn't apply to replying here or PMing you, I'll do one of those.

The bold... that's not it. Using sexual orientation as a means of taunting someone IS political. Dismissing me as "liberal" IS political. Making jokes about how I would make a flagrant assault on the basketball court into a racial issue when I did no such thing IS political. Claiming "illegals" and dead people voted in Florida IS political. Getting up in arms about Kyrie Irving's not celebrating Thanksgiving IS political. I'm more than happy to discuss politics any time, any where, but if we're going to be put under threat of bans for talking politics... and what it really means is that the good ol' boy normalization of making political wisecracks is completely acceptable and what's really forbidden is standing up to it... then I'm pointing out that hypocrisy in the moderating.

And another thing... you and I haven't said spit to each other in about a year or more; I've been pretty freakin' respectful of the rules-as-enforced here and you've been almost completely absent, and THIS is how you choose to reopen communication... Making up rules and issuing threats based on a cowardly acquiescence to good ol' boy mob mentality. How MLing dare you.
FWIW, I get to work the first Sunday in years, and it's thrown me completely off.

Frustration is real.

If you were trying to prove Kyrie is not an intelligent person, the statement you quoted from him above is a good place to start. While I completely disagree with his on the flat earth thing and his stance on thanksgiving, I don't think that automatically makes him an unintelligent person.

It’s pretty strong evidence that he’s kind of an idiot. Or at least scientifically moronic. And that’s an understatement.

Last edited:

From 20,000 feet he strikes me as a guy who thinks he's a deep thinker, like the 22 year old political science major that smokes weed and has opinions on how central banking props up the global elite at the expense of the common man and just has to tell you about it.

Edit: this type of person evolves into a superb dad joke guy. He'll be the type that jumps on any pause in a conversation to say, "did you hear about the lawyer who tried to get into heaven?" You, being polite, will choke down your vomit and, with a resigned slump in your shoulders, respond, "no, I haven't." Kyrie's eyes twinkle, an unsaid "aha!" hanging in the air as he pounces on his next victim.

Also he's not and never was a top 10 NBA player (h/t summer 2017 offseason).

From 20,000 feet he strikes me as a guy who thinks he's a deep thinker, like the 22 year old political science major that smokes weed and has opinions on how central banking props up the global elite at the expense of the common man and just has to tell you about it.

Edit: this type of person evolves into a superb dad joke guy. He'll be the type that jumps on any pause in a conversation to say, "did you hear about the lawyer who tried to get into heaven?" You, being polite, will choke down your vomit and, with a resigned slump in your shoulders, respond, "no, I haven't." Kyrie's eyes twinkle, an unsaid "aha!" hanging in the air as he pounces on his next victim.

Also he's not and never was a top 10 NBA player (h/t summer 2017 offseason).
That was a lot of words.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT