ADVERTISEMENT

Is Alabama a legit contender or fool's gold?

Oklahoma scored 93 on Alabama. Here's the points scored in the 8 games (3 prior to Bama and 4 after) that Oklahoma played around that time.

Points scored by OK:

93 vs the #3 defense

One of these don't fit...

Yep. Oklahoma's lost 8 of their last 9 in the Big 12 too, and several were blowouts.

Alabama's been pretty dominant in the SEC, but they definitely haven't dominated outside the conference.

KU's proven plenty, but nobody's saying that KU would blow out every 1 seed, so I'm not sure why you're bringing them into it.

How does Kenpom indicate that Alabama would mow down the other 1 seeds? Kenpom has them ranked below a Houston team that they beat.

Alabama has a nice win vs Houston. But that kind of seems like an outlier when you look at what's happened vs every other top 25ish team. They lost to Gonzaga by double digits and allowed 100 points. Smoked by Uconn. Tennessee beat them fairly convincingly. And then you have a 30 pt beatdown vs the weakest team in the Big 12.
I didn't say KU would blow out every 1# seed.

How many 1 seeds do you think there are?
Right now there are zero as they haven't been finalized. There are probably 6-8 that could make it depending on how things finish up.

Right now there are zero as they haven't been finalized. There are probably 6-8 that could make it depending on how things finish up.

So you meant the top contenders. What has you convinced that they would blow out most of them?

So you meant the top contenders. What has you convinced that they would blow out most of them?
Is it too hard to just go with several and I said mow down. So, we have to define "mow down". What is your definition? Mine is double digits.

Is it too hard to just go with several and I said mow down. So, we have to define "mow down". What is your definition? Mine is double digits.

Well, it's whatever you intended it to mean, so we'll go with that. I just don't see a reason to assume that would happen. They've certainly mowed down their share of teams, but none of those teams were close to top 10 level. Judging by their history, they're more likely to get mowed down by a good team than the opposite. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat a good team by double digits.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Well, it's whatever you intended it to mean, so we'll go with that. I just don't see a reason to assume that would happen. They've certainly mowed down their share of teams, but none of those teams were close to top 10 level. Judging by their history, they're more likely to get mowed down by a good team than the opposite. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat a good team by double digits.
So, you wouldn't be surprised if I'm right. I always knew you were one of the smarter Big12ers.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Honestly if the game is called clean, I don't see Auburn or Pitt giving Purdue a ton of trouble. Same with Kansas vs Duke or Missouri. I could be wrong.
So what you mean is if Purdue gets a good whistle? We get it---Edey gets fouled. So does TJD----So does Oscar----So does Ballo.....So does Timme. Big men get whacked---its been that way for a long, long time----and will probably continue. Not sure why all the whining...

Edey has committed 45 fouls in 28 games. Really? A 7'4", 310,not very athletic, or agile, has committed less than two fouls agame? And you dudes are complaining?

Makes sense...

So what you mean is if Purdue gets a good whistle? We get it---Edey gets fouled. So does TJD----So does Oscar----So does Ballo.....So does Timme. Big men get whacked---its been that way for a long, long time----and will probably continue. Not sure why all the whining...

Edey has committed 45 fouls in 28 games. Really? A 7'4", 310,not very athletic, or agile, has committed less than two fouls agame? And you dudes are complaining?

Makes sense...
FYI - Edey is called for more fouls per 40 than TJD.

FYI - Edey is called for more fouls per 40 than TJD.
Ok? Its probably why ya don't see IU fans whining about how much he gets fouled. And FTR, TJD has nissed three games. Edey has not. The diference isn't all that substantial either...

Edey 2.1 fouls per 40
TJD 1.9 fouls per 40.

Makes sense...
Wrong. What I mean is call the game fair. NW and MD games were not called fair. At all...

If you spent any time at all watching Edey play, it's fairly easy to see how he hasn't fouled much. He plays pretty straight up. Most of this Purdue team does. Which is why we've made over 100 more FT's than our opponents have attempted. Purdue plays D with some space between them and their defender. As does most of the NCAA. Not so much for B10 teams as a whole. IU is closer to Purdue in that regard than the rest of the B10 btw.

Yes I'm going to complain when teams are allowed to hook and hold with no call. Do I need to remind you that it was a Purdue player getting his elbow broken which is the reason the rule was put in place? Painter asked for plays to be reviewed 3 times at NW and the refs ignored him. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Ok? Its probably why ya don't see IU fans whining about how much he gets fouled. And FTR, TJD has nissed three games. Edey has not. The diference isn't all that substantial either...

Edey 2.1 fouls per 40
TJD 1.9 fouls per 40.
Sorry, but nobody does to TJD as bad as they do to Edey. That's just a fact. Watch more games and you'll see what I'm talking about. Well, probably not now since most of our games are at home now. OSU tried it the other night, but they actually were calling it. But that was only after the fans gave the refs the business after they were allowing a ton of contact early.

Last edited:
9781495354359.jpg

@RTider77 Go read this book and report back this thread, STAT! These Big12ers and B1Gers don't think you bammers could fight your way out of a wet paper bag. I have done all I can for you and you know defending y'all turns my stomach. 🤮

9781495354359.jpg

@RTider77 Go read this book and report back this thread, STAT! These Big12ers and B1Gers don't think you bammers could fight your way out of a wet paper bag. I have done all I can for you and you know defending y'all turns my stomach. 🤮
I don't think anyone is saying they can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Hell, we've all said they are a 1 seed.

Reactions: della
I don't think anyone is saying they can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Hell, we've all said they are a 1 seed.
I note that you are having a conversation with della. I suggest you give up. She can't reason. Put her on ignore and enjoy the conversation.

For my part: The SEC officials allow physical play especially against certain teams. Then those SEC teams, like Tennessee, Alabama, LSU etc. get to the NCAA they expect to play the same way that they were allowed in the SEC. It does not work.

I hate the ACC but the ACC has the best officiating. I don't know why because some of them also call the SEC, but in an ACC game their basketball IQ goes up.

Here is an example of SEC officiating (the is Kentucky at Georgia):

Both hands on a player is a foul.

Look at this and recall that Toppin was going in for a layup or a dunk, but it was ruled by the refs as a steal and was not a UGA foul.

In the game UGA got more than double (close to triple) the free throws to UK and you must remember that UGA is a very poor team.

The SEC refs suck.

i

I note that you are having a conversation with della. I suggest you give up. She can't reason. Put her on ignore and enjoy the conversation.

For my part: The SEC officials allow physical play especially against certain teams. Then those SEC teams, like Tennessee, Alabama, LSU etc. get to the NCAA they expect to play the same way that they were allowed in the SEC. It does not work.

I hate the ACC but the ACC has the best officiating. I don't know why because some of them also call the SEC, but in an ACC game their basketball IQ goes up.

Look at this and recall that Toppin was going in for a layup or a dunk, but it was ruled by the refs as a steal and was not a UGA foul.

In the game UGA got more than double (close to triple) the free throws to UK and you must remember that UGA is a very poor team.

The SEC refs suck.

i
From the games I've watched the B10 refs are much worse. B10 conference is dead last in fouls called. I don't think the B10 with their physical style of play just don't foul as much as other conferences.

As for ACC officials. The ACC is the 2nd fewest fouls by conference just ahead of the B10. The B12 calls the most of the P5 conferences. Calling more fouls doesn't mean better, but not calling fouls says to me that they are swallowing the whistle.

I'll take your advice on Della.

Last edited:
9781495354359.jpg

Della, I really appreciate you brandishing your guns for me. That said, I am on a business/grandbabies trip in extreme S. Alabama. Will catch up soon. And yes I appreciate the art of war. Sun Tzu is a favorite reading of Nick Saban. Lol

Reactions: della
However, unlike you I don't throw fits when my team loses and I don't gloat when they win. So, I have that on you.

I nabbed them at either +1400 or +1500

Top 20 offense and defense

Fun team

The SEC refs suck.

i
Officials have given up the freedom of movement focus that they had last decade. We're back to hack-a-ball that a lot of teams utilize these days.

You guys have the easy part done. Talking about how bad Bama is and the only point I halfway agree on is the fact that we start 3 freshmen and a fourth freshman is one of the first players off the bench. Today, they don't play like freshmen. They have almost a complete regular season behind them and have really cut down on TO's and other freshman misques.
Every team has a bad game every now and then, so I don't get hung up on that when looking at the good teams.
The great thing is we will see how it all plays out. Good luck with your team.

Reactions: RTider77
I’m all for the benefit of the doubt. That said how do you supply the gun and the vehicle the gun was shot from ending in the death of another person and not get charged with anything? Ignorance might get you a lesser charge in the end but it doesn’t absolve you of a crime whether you meant or know it was being committed or not.
Doesn't sound like you're all for the benefit of the doubt. 1, the gun was not fired from Millers car. 2, The Police Chief said in the article that WE Are Depaul posted that Miller cannot be charged because he did not break the law.
It's a terrible and tragic event for all involved and a little boy has lost his mother to a senseless act.

Doesn't sound like you're all for the benefit of the doubt. 1, the gun was not fired from Millers car. 2, The Police Chief said in the article that WE Are Depaul posted that Miller cannot be charged because he did not break the law.
It's a terrible and tragic event for all involved and a little boy has lost his mother to a senseless act.

Miller’s windshield was hit twice by gunfire during the shooting. I guess I’m confused did they test some shots on Miller’s car or did they shoot at Miller as well? That line of wording would mean to me that they shot from Miller’s vehicle. I may be reading it completely wrong though.

Miller’s windshield was hit twice by gunfire during the shooting. I guess I’m confused did they test some shots on Miller’s car or did they shoot at Miller as well? That line of wording would mean to me that they shot from Miller’s vehicle. I may be reading it completely wrong though.
It's not hard to get all the info you want on the internet.

What was he thinking he was going to do with the gun? Not trying to be a dick. Just want to know. Does he say?
Not yet that I know. Miles texted him to bring it to him. I'm sure it will all be out soon as the trial for Miles starts today.

They are legit! Best team in the SEC and it’s not close. I thought UT would be second behind them this year but they’ve feel off the map.

Reactions: winin11
ADVERTISEMENT