ADVERTISEMENT

Irrelevant; Kentucky, Calipari Neither or Both?

Meh, been called worse. Mood sometimes has an effect on posts, but a patronizing post by a dookie about what UK needs to do or should do provoked my response ITT.
It's the low IQ folks who use dook as reference to Duke. Far more patronizing than the simple opinion that got you so riled up. Take your pussy aggression out on the UK fan that asked the opinion of other fans, not the people who actually obliged. Especially innocent opinions. Being a Kentucky fan doesn't give you any privilege or inferiority over anyone. So calm your tits you angry lil man.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePhog08
How about the opinion of the fan base of the all time winningest program?
Highest win % or total wins?

Untitled.png

And imagine if we played 200 extra games against YMCA schools like Kansas. We'd have a 150 game lead.

KU had a losing record in the first decade, under Naismith. And Kentucky's record in their first decade was worse. So I think you're wrong.

Last edited:
Kentucky doesn't have much room to talk when it comes to the historical quality of their opponents.

My bad, didn't realize Kansas and Duke were playing juggernaut YMCA teams while UK was playing mid-tier YMCA teams.

KU had a losing record in the first decade, under Naismith. And Kentucky's record in their first decade was worse. So I think you're wrong.

"During the programs early years, the majority of the university's basketball games were played against nearby YMCA teams, with YMCAs across the nation having played an integral part in the birth of basketball."

Who cares if you had a losing record? You were still racking up wins against YMCA schools before anybody else started playing ball.

My bad, didn't realize Kansas and Duke were playing juggernaut YMCA teams while UK was playing mid-tier YMCA teams.

"During the programs early years, the majority of the university's basketball games were played against nearby YMCA teams, with YMCAs across the nation having played an integral part in the birth of basketball."

Who cares if you had a losing record? You were still racking up wins against YMCA schools before anybody else started playing ball.

First of all, KU had a total of 19 wins when Kentucky started playing.

Second, the whole premise is ridiculous. YMCA teams then were nothing like YMCA now, and major college teams then were nothing like now. We're talking 1890s/1900s for God's sake. I know that KU was soundly beaten in their first game vs a YMCA team from KC. I don't know how many total games they played vs YMCA teams or their record in those games (not easy to find), but you're acting like it was the equivalent of an exhibition vs a DIII team, and that's not even close to true.

Also, KU wasn't the only school that played YMCA teams.

It was commonplace at the time in Kentucky for college and university teams to play YMCA teams. Ashland YMCA had strong talent, with two players who previously had played for Ohio State University. Kentucky sandwiched in a game with Louisville YMCA between the matchups with Ashland YMCA. The Wildcats beat Louisville YMCA 30-21 on Jan. 17, 1914.

Kentucky won at a 38% clip over the first decade. So no...I don't think adding more games vs YMCA teams in the early years would have given them a massive lead.

First of all, KU had a total of 19 wins when Kentucky started playing.

Second, the whole premise is ridiculous. YMCA teams then were nothing like YMCA now, and major college teams then were nothing like now. We're talking 1890s/1900s for God's sake. I know that KU was soundly beaten in their first game vs a YMCA team from KC. I don't know how many total games they played vs YMCA teams or their record in those games (not easy to find), but you're acting like it was the equivalent of an exhibition vs a DIII team, and that's not even close to true.

Also, KU wasn't the only school that played YMCA teams.

It was commonplace at the time in Kentucky for college and university teams to play YMCA teams. Ashland YMCA had strong talent, with two players who previously had played for Ohio State University. Kentucky sandwiched in a game with Louisville YMCA between the matchups with Ashland YMCA. The Wildcats beat Louisville YMCA 30-21 on Jan. 17, 1914.

Kentucky won at a 38% clip over the first decade. So no...I don't think adding more games vs YMCA teams in the early years would have given them a massive lead.

Nobody said UK didn't play YMCA schools.
Kansas just happened to play nearly a few hundred more games in that era.

Even if we use your "38% clip" stat, that means UK would still have a near 60 game lead.

You caught us in the modern Era, which is impressive, but you also have the lead because of your extra games played. Both can be true.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Not even the argument.

Didn't even know there was an argument.

I pointed out Kansas had a lot of extra easy wins that gave them the wins lead (which is true). You came in and pointed out UK had a lot of easy wins (which is true and nobody said otherwise). I pointed out Duke had a lot of easy wins back in the day as well (which is true).

Nobody said UK didn't play YMCA schools.
Kansas just happened to play nearly a few hundred more games in that era.

Even if we use your "38% clip" stat, that means UK would still have a near 60 game lead.

You caught us in the modern Era, which is impressive, but you also have the lead because of your extra games played. Both can be true.

Everybody’s aware that KU’s played more games.

Didn't even know there was an argument.

I pointed out Kansas had a lot of extra easy wins that gave them the wins lead (which is true). You came in and pointed out UK had a lot of easy wins (which is true and nobody said otherwise). I pointed out Duke had a lot of easy wins back in the day as well (which is true).
So why are you arguing?

Since yall did this BS we have gone to 2 FF and won a Title and are all time win leaders **** yall . jk love you

Nice subtle troll

Kentucky: The Wildcats now have a 16-game lead over second-place Kansas for the most wins in college basketball. Kentucky has 2,143 all-time wins and has won in three different buildings in downtown Indianapolis -- the RCA Dome, Lucas Oil Stadium and Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

What a weird thing to add. "... and has won in three different buildings in downtown Indianapolis..."

It's like saying that Tom Brady holds the NFL record for completed passes with 7,753 and has completed passes on 3 different presidents' birthdays.

Nice subtle troll

Kentucky: The Wildcats now have a 16-game lead over second-place Kansas for the most wins in college basketball. Kentucky has 2,143 all-time wins and has won in three different buildings in downtown Indianapolis -- the RCA Dome, Lucas Oil Stadium and Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

Eyeroll

UK went from 16-1 vs kansas from 1950-1984. 1984-2023 UK is 8-10 vs Kansas in modern basketball.

They love living off their 1940's and 1950's success when their grandparents were young.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
UK went from 16-1 vs kansas from 1950-1984. 1984-2023 UK is 8-10 vs Kansas in modern basketball.

They love living off their 1940's and 1950's success when their grandparents were young.
You are literally counting wins from before UK even played basketball, but we're the ones living off the past?
Which years does KU celebrate championships?

You don't have to answer, we know the answers.

You are literally counting wins from before UK even played basketball, but we're the ones living off the past?

For the record I count 2020 as a helms title as well. 7 chips baby, LFG

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger

Yep. Still living off the success of James Naismith, the only KU coach to have a losing record. If only he were still alive, we could kick this Self guy to the curb.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
lol at Kansas.

Had to play an extra 147 games in order to build a 10-win lead. Congrats!

RollLaugh

Congrats on losing a 100 game lead in a few decades, despite having a massive recruiting advantage over every program but Duke. Impressive! RollLaugh

• Haha
Reactions: ThePhog08
Congrats on losing a 100 game lead in a few decades, despite having a massive recruiting advantage over every program but Duke. Impressive! RollLaugh
remember when UK was fake #1 and lost to evansville at home? shh is so funny

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT