ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting conference breakdown

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
GHwLIPBWQAAtxTq

I know the Mountain West is all time good this year but it's still eye opening that they have more Q1 games than the ACC and PAC12 and almost as many as the SEC.

As all of ours did I’m sure, my eyes immediately jumped to the Q2% column as that shows who is battling good teams night in and night out, removing the largely meaningless outliers of Q1 and Q3-4 games. Definitely telling and disproves many media narratives.

The amount of Quad 1 games the Big East and Big 12 get are eye popping. The Big East actually rates lower than the ACC so that the fact that their teams get so many Q1 chances really helps their bubble teams and for seeding at the top.

No semi-decent team ever loses a Quadrant 4 game and the Big 12 get 13.6% of them which are basically layups like Georgetown and DePaul where they can't slip up.

90% of Big 12 games are Q1 or Q2 so every game for teams in this conference so every game is an opportunity for a "big win" and for the loser of the matchup its considered a "good loss".

The ACC needs to learn how to game the NET system next year.

• Haha
Reactions: AWilli6995
Case in point.

MICHIGAN ST

NET: 23
Previous: 22
Record: 18-12 (Conf: 10-9)
All good losses though so MSU can't be punished! As long as Sparty wins a few big games here and there, they will be marquee wins.

Maybe the Big 10 is just that good where its one heavyweight beating another heavyweight. We"ll see how these teams do in the NCAA Tournament.

I'm reading this data and have come to the conclusion based on my understanding of the data that the Vols have a generational type team appearing on the national stage once every 20 years or so. It is a great time to be a CBB fan and great to be a Tennessee Vol.

ADVERTISEMENT