Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About average intelligence.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • A bit above average intelligence.

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Way above average intelligence.

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters
I'm a genius duh, I graduated from Duke.

giphy.gif

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I’d say above average. Nothing more. Two masters degrees (Finance, Business). I’ve had multiple articles published in various financial publications. In my field, there are some f’ing brilliant people. Humbling at times, but helps keep me grounded.
In my field, I get to see what average intelligence looks like. It's not flattering. I'm not a genius, but I think I'm smarter than 50% of the general population.

Try working with 22 year old programmers, who are never wrong and all think they are the next Bill Gates. Dumbest smart people in the world.

Reactions: SNU0821 and bignish
Above average but everyone here already knew that.

I'd probably be the smartest person here if I didn't smoke so much weed.

Aren’t you a referee? You might want to sit down now.
Why? I pull in roughly $2200 a weekend , after exprnses (baseball). The least amount I make for a college basebalk game is $175. The most around $650. And that's just baseball.Basketball I can make roughly $1,400 a week; that includes HS.
THEN there is my day job. I supervise the manufacturing department of our cultured marble company. A company that after expenses clears about $10k a week. Sometimes less during non peak months.

So why is it I should sit down? No I don't have a Masters, PHd, PRN, ORNc..or whatever other initials you AND A LOT others like to throw around. But I do have my masters in MAKING MONEY.
I'M just fine.
And settle down brother. It was a JOKE.

Why? I pull in roughly $2200 a weekend , after exprnses (baseball). The least amount I make for a college basebalk game is $175. The most around $650. And that's just baseball.Basketball I can make roughly $1,400 a week; that includes HS.
THEN there is my day job. I supervise the manufacturing department of our cultured marble company. A company that after expenses clears about $10k a week. Sometimes less during non peak months.

So why is it I should sit down? No I don't have a Masters, PHd, PRN, ORNc..or whatever other initials you AND A LOT others like to throw around. But I do have my masters in MAKING MONEY.
I'M just fine.
And settle down brother. It was a JOKE.

latest

I do think it odd that people sometimes take a simple statement of fact (for example, Moss clarifying where he went to school when I asked) as bragging.
It triggers people that don’t have said accolades, because they feel as if it was a pampered lifestyle with no “physical”,demands. Even though most of everyone I know worked in the service industry throughout undergrad, and during grad school at UC Berkeley, for me I took on several internships while working in restaurants for extra cash. Everyone has a different hustle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dattier and jhmossy
I got a buddy who has a PhD and 2 Masters. He works at a horse stable.

Degrees are respectable. Not sure they indicate intelligence. IQ and emotional IQ would be better indicators, I’d think.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I do think it odd that people sometimes take a simple statement of fact (for example, Moss clarifying where he went to school when I asked) as bragging.
It's fine when mentioned once. It's annoying/bragging, when you constantly speak of it. Especially when you bringing up in a conservation that has nadda to do with your education.

It triggers people that don’t have said accolades, because they feel as if it was a pampered lifestyle with no “physical”,demands. Even though most of everyone I know worked in the service industry throughout undergrad, and during grad school at UC Berkeley, for me I took on several internships while working in restaurants for extra cash. Everyone has a different hustle.
Some could fill this way. MOF, I'd say quite a few do. I'm not one of them. I attended college. It wasn't for me. Enlisted in the service. Became involved with officiating through college. Looked up the connections I made when I decided unwanted to advance. And now, I am where I am. And quite content. Also, I most certainly understand the hard work and dedication it takes to obtain a degree (s). My comments were in no way meant as you described. I will tell you this. Becoming a D1 official isn't easy. Especially when you start. Long, long travels for very little pay. Countless nights in shitty ass hotels. Very little sleep. Same with baseball. There were days I'd have a 6pm game in Ohio, and then have to be in Illinois for a 1pm start. Or a 4pm game in South Carolina, then a 2pm start in No. Indiana[ the next day of course]. It was by no means easy. So yeah, when someone says---" Aren't you a ref. Maybe you should sit down ". I take some offense to that. It to me is degrading as to what I do. That just because I don't have a degree, I'm somewhat bemeath those who do. I'll say this: I'd bet there isn't 10 people on this board that could do what I do, at the level I do it. Regardless of how smart you are.

I am not as educated as I was before my accident. Some of the things I have forgotten, randomly return to memory now and then. But there are huge blank spaces, especially from my early 20's to my late 20's. Does re-learning basic communication skills give me any extra credit?

So yeah, when someone says---" Aren't you a ref. Maybe you should sit down ". I take some offense to that.

I thought my comment didn't trigger you. Make up your mind lol.

It's also hilarious that I'm supposed to laugh off "you live in Arkansas so you must work for Walmart" as a joke (which I did btw lol) but you get offended by "Aren't you a ref? Maybe you should sit down".

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
I thought my comment didn't trigger you. Make up your mind lol.

It's also hilarious that I'm supposed to laugh off "you live in Arkansas so you must work for Walmart" as a joke but you get offended by "Aren't you a ref? Maybe you should sit down".
Well let's see. Pretty sure I know you dont work at Wal- Mart. So to me, that seems like an obvious joke. Same with the " Moving to Arkansas " comment. Maybe you lack a sense of humor? I dunno know. But your response of "aren't you a ref" had zero correlation with the conversation. None. In other words, it made no fvckin sense. It didn't come off as a joke; and or sarcasm. It came as a slight to what I do.
As for triggering me? Nope. I took offense to what you were insinuating. You seem to throw around your education in a context meant to degrade others. Which IMO is a sign of insecurity. I could be wrong.
As for needing to "sit down"? Naaah, I'm fine. Very proud of what I do.

Well let's see. Pretty sure I know you dont work at Wal- Mart. So to me, that seems like an obvious joke. Same with the " Moving to Arkansas " comment. Maybe you lack a sense of humor? I dunno know. But your response of "aren't you a ref" had zero correlation with the conversation. None. In other words, it made no fvckin sense. It didn't come off as a joke; and or sarcasm. It came as a slight to what I do.
As for triggering me? Nope. I took offense to what you were insinuating. You seem to throw around your education in a context meant to degrade others. Which IMO is a sign of insecurity. I could be wrong.
As for needing to "sit down"? Naaah, I'm fine. Very proud of what I do.

I think you take this a little too seriously bruh. Put me on ignore if you have a problem with me.

I think you take this a little too seriously bruh. Put me on ignore if you have a problem with me.
This place is the last thing I take to serious. I don't have an issue with ya. Think you're a good poster. I just speak my mind.

This place is the last thing I take to serious. I don't have an issue with ya. Think you're a good poster. I just speak my mind.

Then I guess we're good then. Time to move on to the next conversation.

I am not as educated as I was before my accident. Some of the things I have forgotten, randomly return to memory now and then. But there are huge blank spaces, especially from my early 20's to my late 20's. Does re-learning basic communication skills give me any extra credit?

A story is definitely deserved here. What kind of accident?

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Then I guess we're good then. Time to move on to the next conversation.
Always been good brother. I like ya. Your a gamer. Here when UVA wins. Here when they lose. To me you're one of the few who can dishbit, and take it. Cool in my book.

Reactions: jhmossy
Bad car wreck myself. I hardly drive anymore. To much road rage, fear, etc, erc..

Wait, do we know about this?

are we talking IQ or how many years you spend in school?

I took some tests when I was in middle school. They tested a group of like 20 or so of us. Did a half assed iq test and had us take the ACT test as well.

Obviously the IQ test wasn't certified or a full one, but they said mine was in the 125 to 135 range. Obviously that takes into account your age and education, etc....

On the ACT I had a 18 composite I think. Did amazing in science and horrible in English. As you can tell my English still sucks.

I don't know what my IQ would really be. I would say about 115. Got a degree in economics but I don't use it. That would likely require moving, or doing something I don't like. So I'm fine where I'm at for now.

I'm a simple man.

Reactions: treyforuk
Some could fill this way. MOF, I'd say quite a few do. I'm not one of them. I attended college. It wasn't for me. Enlisted in the service. Became involved with officiating through college. Looked up the connections I made when I decided unwanted to advance. And now, I am where I am. And quite content. Also, I most certainly understand the hard work and dedication it takes to obtain a degree (s). My comments were in no way meant as you described. I will tell you this. Becoming a D1 official isn't easy. Especially when you start. Long, long travels for very little pay. Countless nights in shitty ass hotels. Very little sleep. Same with baseball. There were days I'd have a 6pm game in Ohio, and then have to be in Illinois for a 1pm start. Or a 4pm game in South Carolina, then a 2pm start in No. Indiana[ the next day of course]. It was by no means easy. So yeah, when someone says---" Aren't you a ref. Maybe you should sit down ". I take some offense to that. It to me is degrading as to what I do. That just because I don't have a degree, I'm somewhat bemeath those who do. I'll say this: I'd bet there isn't 10 people on this board that could do what I do, at the level I do it. Regardless of how smart you are.
I wouldn't ref if you paid me. You are hated by one side or the other no matter what----and sometimes both.

I took some tests when I was in middle school. They tested a group of like 20 or so of us. Did a half assed iq test and had us take the ACT test as well.

Obviously the IQ test wasn't certified or a full one, but they said mine was in the 125 to 135 range. Obviously that takes into account your age and education, etc....

On the ACT I had a 18 composite I think. Did amazing in science and horrible in English. As you can tell my English still sucks.

I don't know what my IQ would really be. I would say about 115. Got a degree in economics but I don't use it. That would likely require moving, or doing something I don't like. So I'm fine where I'm at for now.

I'm a simple man.

the school system i attended had people come in and tested us in the 6th grade and the 12th grade
i did pretty good

i never went a day to college, i had plans and school was not in the mix
in a way i wish i had experienced college life, but you never know what direction my life may have went

nothing wrong with a simple life, i highly recommend it

ADVERTISEMENT