Votes: 6 10.0%
  • A bit above average intelligence.

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Way above average intelligence.

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
So compared to the average person, how smart do you think you are?

If you ever have to tell people how smart you are.....than you is purly a derm.

It depends on who you are comparing yourself to and who you interact with that would be considered average. I see a lot of the bottom of the barrel and I see some of the best---I have a 70 yr old multi millionaire that owns a trucking company that can barely read or write---but he started with one truck and outworked everyone in his line of business and understood what needed to be done to be successful. I have to fill out all his medical forms------One would guess with all my degrees and credentials I'm smarter-----but he has achieved a level of success 99% of americans will never reach.

It depends on who you are comparing yourself to and who you interact with that would be considered average. I see a lot of the bottom of the barrel and I see some of the best---I have a 70 yr old multi millionaire that owns a trucking company that can barely read or write---but he started with one truck and outworked everyone in his line of business and understood what needed to be done to be successful. I have to fill out all his medical forms------One would guess with all my degrees and credentials I'm smarter-----but he has achieved a level of success 99% of americans will never reach.
You know who constantly tells people how smart he is? Lol. The OP.

On the internet I’m pretty much a genius.

In real life I’m probably slightly above average.

I voted slightly above average. I've learned the importance of not underestimating someone else's level of intelligence. We're all knowledgeable about different things. I feel like experiences contribute to intelligence, but not necessarily the other other way around. EQ means a lot as to our place in this world as well.

I could name you some of the least intelligent people on this board if you’d like?
GxO2.gif

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Massive student loans.

Not a single one. Full ride to UVA (out of state), masters program was funded through assistantship based on GRE (plus cheap in state tuition), and all PhD programs in psychology come with tuition waiver and stipend.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Not a single one. Full ride to UVA (out of state), masters program was funded through assistantship based on GRE (plus cheap in state tuition), and all PhD programs in psychology come with tuition waiver and stipend.
Good stuff. I'll be there for my sons when it is their turn. They will owe nothing as you..

Reactions: jhmossy

UVA for undergrad. UNCW for masters. FSU for PhD.

The question asks for intelligence and best educated.

I have my master's, but I work with a ton of PHDs. I'm married to a PHD as well, so I realize there are tons of people waaay smarter than me.

Reactions: Jaycg15
For a job. I won’t be here that much longer. Make a lot of money in a cheap ass town. Perfect way to save up and retire early.
There's other places besides Arkansas that have Wal-Marts.:D

Compared to other people with the same amount of schooling and generally same field of work-----I'd say bottom third.

I agree with this completely. This applies to many things though. Often those who are the loudest are the most deficient at whatever it is they are rattling on about.

I’d say above average. Nothing more. Two masters degrees (Finance, Business). I’ve had multiple articles published in various financial publications. In my field, there are some f’ing brilliant people. Humbling at times, but helps keep me grounded.

ADVERTISEMENT