ADVERTISEMENT

How much is duke punished w/o Zion?

I agree it would be a disadvantage but the committee is supposedly following S curve and if kentucky is behind duke and UNC, which all your ACC brethren seem to think, one of them will likely have us in Louisville.

How good did Marquette feel playing kentucky in Minnesota in 2003?

Sometimes if you follow the S curve the lower seed gets the location advantage

Fair enough. I don't have Kentucky behind both Duke and UNC. I would have Gonzaga, UVA, UNC, and UK as 1 seeds right (in some order). I think Duke needs to win the ACCT or lose a close game in the finals and Zion has to play significant minutes in those games to get a 1. Their resume is really strong at the top but they need to show the committee that they are the team that earned those strong wins.

53491989_10156080435962694_2808633007827582976_n.jpg
Factsville. Duke didn’t have their best player and another played 3 min. Play without White and Brooks and see what happens.

Reactions: kl40504
Fair enough. I don't have Kentucky behind both Duke and UNC. I would have Gonzaga, UVA, UNC, and UK as 1 seeds right (in some order). I think Duke needs to win the ACCT or lose a close game in the finals and Zion has to play significant minutes in those games to get a 1. Their resume is really strong at the top but they need to show the committee that they are the team that earned those strong wins.
I’m anxious to see UNC play Zion. It’s easy for them to sit and beat their chest when the #1 pick is sitting next to Scheyer’s bitch ass

Reactions: jhmossy
I don't think it's a rule. I just think it should be. It's just funny to me that a lot of UK fans complain about where they are placed all the time and how the NCAA is against them but then think it would be perfectly fine to get Louisville as a 2 seed which would clearly be an unfair disadvantage to any 1 seed.
Really. Are you worried about who will be your 16 seed this year?

I don't think it's a rule. I just think it should be. It's just funny to me that a lot of UK fans complain about where they are placed all the time and how the NCAA is against them but then think it would be perfectly fine to get Louisville as a 2 seed which would clearly be an unfair disadvantage to any 1 seed.

That’s because 80% of them are morons

UVA has been emotionally hurt since last year's tourney. Duke should get dinged for being us when we were emotionally hurt.
I find it comical how much these guys harp on injuries. Other teams deal with them as well. This is the danger with going all in on OAD. You lose one guy and it can disrupt your whole season. Duke hasn’t developed a quality non-OAD in YEARS.

I find it comical how much these guys harp on injuries. Other teams deal with them as well. This is the danger with going all in on OAD. You lose one guy and it can disrupt your whole season. Duke hasn’t developed a quality non-OAD in YEARS.

I would feel bad for the fans of one and done programs if most of them weren’t such asswipes.

Reactions: Sevro and jhmossy
Quin Cook. 2015 NC and current NBA player. So if White gets hurt would it hurt UNC? Nothing to do with OAD, but talent of the injured player.

Quin Cook. 2015 NC and current NBA player. So if White gets hurt would it hurt UNC? Nothing to do with OAD, but talent of the injured player.

1) Would UNC fans whine as much about it as Duke fans whine about Zion?
Maybe, maybe not.

2) Would you tolerate the UNC fans whining more than other fanbases tolerate your own whining?

Doubtful. You'd tell them to get over it and that injuries happen and are part of the game. There's not a single person on this planet that thinks Duke is better without Zion. None of that shit matters though. What matters is who plays the actual game.

Maybe, maybe not.

2) Would you tolerate the UNC fans whining more than other fanbases tolerate your own whining?

Doubtful. You'd tell them to get over it and that injuries happen and are part of the game. There's not a single person on this planet that thinks Duke is better without Zion. None of that shit matters though. What matters is who plays the actual game.

See poast #94

Maybe, maybe not.

I would add that UVa and UNC would not be so heavily reliant on one player.

I find it even more comical when even without Zion, you still can’t get it going with 2 top 5 picks and 3 1st rounders.

I find it even more comical when even without Zion, you still can’t get it going with 2 top 5 picks and 3 1st rounders.

Well, we did lose to UMBC without Hunter. If Duke loses to a team the caliber of UMBC without Zion, then they can start complaining.

Reactions: Sevro
Who gets the East if Duke win the ACC tourney, but UVA loses in the semis?

Does UVA lose to FSU or some other team? Does Duke beat UNC in the semis and FSU in the finals or some other teams? Hard to answer that question directly but I'd probably say Duke gets the 1 in the East if Duke wins the ACCT. That will mean that UVA lost before the finals or that Duke beat UVA 3 times this year. Hard to argue we'd deserve it over them.

Reactions: Noahtogo24

Then you don’t understand basketball

Reactions: kl40504
Maybe, maybe not.

Who is whining.

Nobody. Every Duke fan has been completely silent about it.
Not sure why pointing obvious facts is whining. Duke played without two starters. Simple. A win would have been an upset. Reality.

Then you don’t understand basketball

Enlighten us Philly. 3 top 5 draft picks in the starting line up and Zion goes down, K doesn't have a bench and burns Bakers red shirt and how many minutes has he played? No other school can claim 3 or even 2 players projected to go in the top 5 in the upcoming draft so you guys don't get a mulligan because you still have more talent than any team you play plus a great coach.

Enlighten us Philly. 3 top 5 draft picks in the starting line up and Zion goes down, K doesn't have a bench and burns Bakers red shirt and how many minutes has he played? No other school can claim 3 or even 2 players projected to go in the top 5 in the upcoming draft so you guys don't get a mulligan because you still have more talent than any team you play plus a great coach.
From your post I would refer back to the sentence you quoted from me.

2017/2018 - Grayson Allen
2016/2017 - Amile Jefferson, Matt Jones

I just refuse to deal with an asshole tonight.

Because you have no answer little man. You make a statement, I call you out on it and now your punk ass is running. Next time think before you post, that concept does work.

Because you have no answer little man. You make a statement, I call you out on it and now your punk ass is running. Next time think before you post, that concept does work.
Another tough guy making demands. FU. What am I running from? An anonymous internet loser. You have way too high an opinion of yourself.

Another tough guy making demands. FU. What am I running from? An anonymous internet loser. You have way too high an opinion of yourself.

You're the loser and yes I do have a high opinion of my self. I think I'm great and I don't worry about clowns like yourself on a message board. You're an easy target with the crazy statements but keep doing you.

ADVERTISEMENT