ADVERTISEMENT

How much is duke punished w/o Zion?

Again.....
tenor.gif

North Carolina isn’t as good as healthy duke or Kentucky. I would be honored to be the UNC 2 seed in Louisville

UK is not playing in Louisville if they aren’t a 1 seed. Why do people keep talking about that?

Maybe one or two. You guys are by far the best team when healthy.
The statement that Duke was not some immovable force is a valid one. But I just don't think he will be able to find several games as he suggested.

As with any good team, Duke has concerns even at full health. But they are undeniably better with their top four playing together. Our role players struggle with inconsistencies. It seems that we never have two of them with good games during the same game. And it is painfully obvious that our role players are nothing more than that. None of them have shown any promise of being replacements outside of two games vs Syracuse by AOC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The NCAA is corrupt enough to put Kentucky as a 2 seed in the South. I’ll give you that. It would be absolute BS though.
I challenge you to find when the ncaa has given Kentucky a beneficial location when it wasn’t earned. We have been sent north as the #1 overall to play dwade and Marquette.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I challenge you to find when the ncaa has given Kentucky a beneficial location when it wasn’t earned. We have been sent north as the #1 overall to play dwade and Marquette.

So you think teams getting beneficial locations when they don’t deserve them is BS? Why would they deserve it as a 2 seed?

Reactions: lerario
So you think teams getting beneficial locations when they don’t deserve them is BS? Why would they deserve it as a 2 seed?
So if we are the top two seed and North Carolina is the bottom one seed and is seeded in Louisville where do you think we should be sent?

So if we are the top two seed and North Carolina is the bottom one seed and is seeded in Louisville where do you think we should be sent?

Somewhere else. Playing in Louisville is a massive advantage for Kentucky and would be an incredible disservice to the 1 seed in the South. You want to play in Louisville, earn a 1 seed.

Reactions: lerario
I'm sure you'd be fine playing in Charlotte or Greensboro as the 1 seed vs. a 2 seed Duke or UNC.
If that’s how it worked out with the S curve. But that is kind of the point of the thread.

Is duke dropped from a one line because they lost twice to UNC without Zion?

Or

Are UNCs wins credited as they should be, against a hobbled duke team missing their best player.

How many times has the question posted in the OP been answered?

All I see is a lot of ACC teams knotted up in here and they can’t pull themselves out of the other

If that’s how it worked out with the S curve. But that is kind of the point of the thread.

Is duke dropped from a one line because they lost twice to UNC without Zion?

Or

Are UNCs wins credited as they should be, against a hobbled duke team missing their best player.

How many times has the question posted in the OP been answered?

All I see is a lot of ACC teams knotted up in here and they can’t pull themselves out of the other

I don't care about the original question. I chimed in when you asked why not have UK as the 2 seed in Louisville. There are bracketing principles that prevent seeding strictly according to the S curve. For example, if Duke and UNC were 4 and 5, they would not be the 1 and 2 in the same bracket. My point is that another principle should be that a 2 seed should not have a major advantage over a 1 seed. UK playing in Louisville is a major advantage.

I don't care about the original question. I chimed in when you asked why not have UK as the 2 seed in Louisville. There are bracketing principles that prevent seeding strictly according to the S curve. For example, if Duke and UNC were 4 and 5, they would not be the 1 and 2 in the same bracket. My point is that another principle should be that a 2 seed should not have a major advantage over a 1 seed. UK playing in Louisville is a major advantage.
SHOULD be is one thing. But is that a rule? It might be I honestly don’t know but I doubt it because you see lower seeded teams put close to home all the time.

SHOULD be is one thing. But is that a rule? It might be I honestly don’t know but I doubt it because you see lower seeded teams put close to home all the time.

I don't think it's a rule. I just think it should be. It's just funny to me that a lot of UK fans complain about where they are placed all the time and how the NCAA is against them but then think it would be perfectly fine to get Louisville as a 2 seed which would clearly be an unfair disadvantage to any 1 seed.

I don't think it's a rule. I just think it should be. It's just funny to me that a lot of UK fans complain about where they are placed all the time and how the NCAA is against them but then think it would be perfectly fine to get Louisville as a 2 seed which would clearly be an unfair disadvantage to any 1 seed.
I agree it would be a disadvantage but the committee is supposedly following S curve and if kentucky is behind duke and UNC, which all your ACC brethren seem to think, one of them will likely have us in Louisville.

How good did Marquette feel playing kentucky in Minnesota in 2003?

Sometimes if you follow the S curve the lower seed gets the location advantage

Edit: we beat the 5 seed Wisconsin in the sweet 16 in Minnesota Also

ADVERTISEMENT