May 2, 2008
1991 KU 79 UNC 73 Final four
2008 KU 84 UNC 66 Final four
2012 KU 80 UNC 67 Elite Eight
2013 KU 70 UNC 58 Round of 32
2022 KU 72 UNC 69 Title game

Surprised UNC fans don't hate KU more.

Good looking out

I get the feeling you're trying to get a rise out of UNC fans. Since 2008 UNC has 2 titles and you just won your first once since so personally no ill feelings. We can flip it around and ask you guys how you feel about Roy. I mean he leaves KU with 0 titles, comes home and bags 3. I would feel some type of way if that happened to UNC.

1991 KU 79 UNC 73 Final four
2008 KU 84 UNC 66 Final four
2012 KU 80 UNC 67 Elite Eight
2013 KU 70 UNC 58 Round of 32
2022 KU 72 UNC 69 Title game

Surprised UNC fans don't hate KU more.

2012 UNC lost their starting back court to injury. If it wasn't for that we would of been playing UK in the title game but injuries do happen.

Reactions: Villian07
2012 UNC lost their starting back court to injury. If it wasn't for that we would of been playing UK in the title game but injuries do happen.
I mean, unc would have had a better chance with Marshall, for sure. But the games still have to be played. There's no guarantee that unc would have won. That's just speculating. The what if game is fun, though.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I mean, unc would have had a better chance with Marshall, for sure. But the games still have to be played. There's no guarantee that unc would have won. That's just speculating. The what if game is fun, though.

We all can play that game but it's something I rather not do. Like you said the games have to be played regardless so we have to live with the outcome.

Reactions: cdbearde
I get the feeling you're trying to get a rise out of UNC fans. Since 2008 UNC has 2 titles and you just won your first once since so personally no ill feelings. We can flip it around and ask you guys how you feel about Roy. I mean he leaves KU with 0 titles, comes home and bags 3. I would feel some type of way if that happened to UNC.

It was irritating to see him win one in his second year there, but I don’t care anymore. Can’t blame Roy for Collison missing 6,000 FTs.

As a KU fan and with the direct connections between KU & NC I overall would believe most NC true fans don't look at KU the same way they obviously look at Duke and then Kentucky.

From Dean Smith and then back to us in Larry Brown and Roy Williams the coaching "swaps" amongst schools have been great for both programs.

While it did "hurt" that Roy went back to Carolina, who could have blamed him in that it was home and his "father" was the one asking him to come back to the Carolina program. In the end it worked out for both schools as Bill Self has proven his worth and coaching abilities ten-fold.

Continued good luck to Carolina except when both teams are jumping ball against each other and then it is Rock Chalk only.

hope all enjoy the summer and see you all on the court next fall

Rock Chalk

UNC would have had to beaten a pretty tough Ohio State team to reach the title game, too. Jared Sullinger, Deshaun Thomas, William Buford, Aaron Craft. That was the #2 rated KenPom team in 2012.

And what a lot of UNC fans forget about the Elite 8 game: Stilman White had 7 assists and 0 turnovers. Of course they're in a better position with Marshall. But, his backup didn't exactly play poorly.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UNC would have had to beaten a pretty tough Ohio State team to reach the title game, too. Jared Sullinger, Deshaun Thomas, William Buford, Aaron Craft. That was the #2 rated KenPom team in 2012.

And what a lot of UNC fans forget about the Elite 8 game: Stilman White had 7 assists and 0 turnovers. Of course they're in a better position with Marshall. But, his backup didn't exactly play poorly.
I've been so beaten down with "what ifs" I don't even bring them up anymore.

Right. I think every school has them. Too many to keep track of for some schools. Obviously blue bloods like Kentucky and North Carolina are going to have a few more than your typical school.
I can list more "what ifs" than most teams have titles. Doesn't count for shit.

Unlike some fellow fans. Don't mean anything bad. I'm just happy to have a chance. Probably what makes these last two years so tough.

No chance a year ago, and ran into a Cinderella last year. I'd hope we're above Cinderellas, but apparently not.

Point being. A great year is more to me than a NCAA run.

That was the game in which Roy didn’t recognize that Self was using the triangle and 2.

He really owned Roy head to head over the years.

Stilman White couldn't run the offense. Any one who guarded him closely, he immediately picked up his dribble no matter where he was on the court. It caused a break down on the offensive end every time.

I can list more "what ifs" than most teams have titles. Doesn't count for shit.

Unlike some fellow fans. Don't mean anything bad. I'm just happy to have a chance. Probably what makes these last two years so tough.

No chance a year ago, and ran into a Cinderella last year. I'd hope we're above Cinderellas, but apparently not.

Point being. A great year is more to me than a NCAA run.

100% agree with this. Just give me a chance. That’s what made 2020 so hard. FSU’s arguably best team ever and we don’t even get a damn chance. Smh.

White played admirably for what he was but that team was completely predicated on KM running it. Regardless, it doesn't matter. UNC lost. Nothing changes that. Roy never could get over that hump, which is fine. He did just fine despite that.

ADVERTISEMENT