ADVERTISEMENT

Horror Movies for Halloween

Few more that deserve some attention...

Children of the Corn---Growing up,my house was surrounded by a cornfield...Your mind can **** you up if you let it.
The Conjuring----****ed up shit. Look folks, when your DOG wont go in the house---You need to rethink shit..
Pet Sematary--I could deal with the cats and dogs....But the kid was it, man. Evil little dude.

The Babadook----Yikes....Weird. And scary. Very scary.

Reactions: UL_1986
For sure, Amityville is awesome. I haven’t seen the new one but I’ll check it out. Haven’t seen He knows you are alone, gotta see that one too.
The Amityville Horror(2005) remake with Ryan Reynolds is fukin' awesome. Reynolds does a great job.

He Knows You're Alone scared the shit out of me..

The Excorcist never really bothered me but the movie “Halloween” scared the absolute shit outta me. Everything about it. The theme music, the mask, the emotionless look Myers has....shit scared me bad!
Fuk the Exorcist....To close to "real. That movie was just pure evil.

The theme music to Halloween made that movie, IMO...Donald Pleasance played a great role. The mask was fuked up....Part I recall is when she stabs him in the eye, and he raises up from behind the couch---I literally pissed---then ran. I mean after all, I was 9...

Children of the Corn---Growing up,my house was surrounded by a cornfield...Your mind can **** you up if you let it.
The Conjuring----****ed up shit. Look folks, when your DOG wont go in the house---You need to rethink shit..
Pet Sematary--I could deal with the cats and dogs....But the kid was it, man. Evil little dude.

Babadook was scary for sure.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Fuk the Exorcist....To close to "real. That movie was just pure evil.

The theme music to Halloween made that movie, IMO...Donald Pleasance played a great role. The mask was fuked up....Part I recall is when she stabs him in the eye, and he raises up from behind the couch---I literally pissed---then ran. I mean after all, I was 9...

She stabbed him in the neck and in the 2018 Halloween movie you can see the hole where she stabbed him. Pretty neat!

Donald Pleasance was awesome! In the part where he described Michael Myers to the cop is my favorite part in the movie. Iconic!

Children of the Corn was freaky as hell also. He who walks behind the rose can kiss my ass lol

When I think of gummo, I think of this song:

Context for anyone who hasn't saw Gummo.

I'm a huge fan of white trash movies.

Wonderful Jesco's, of course Kids and Gummo, Ken Park, American Honey, Whiteboyz etc.

Whiteboyz is a great scary movie for anyone who gets the idea of driving to Chicago to buy drugs.

Children of the Corn was freaky as hell also. He who walks behind the rose can kiss my ass lol
I worked a PastTime baseball tourney in Chatham, Illinois...We drove through a town that was eerily similar to that of CHildren of the Corn. Our hotel was just outside of this town...Go back, and my partner wanted to go and get something to eat---I was like, "dude, I ain't drivn through that place"..

Reactions: Scotty00
Where do you guys rate movies like Scream, Saw, and Hellraiser?
Scream 1 and 2 are good. Wes Craven films were generally pretty good (sometimes). I liked the first saw, it was pretty terrifying..especially the end, holy ****. Hellraiser is classic, I put it in the Phantasm realm of classics.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Horror authors reminds me of song writers. They seem to have a great idea growing up and nail it with some hits, but then insperation doesn't really come to them later in life.

I'm still a Stephen King fan, but he's had some real misses his day only to follow it up with a hit. It could be the lcd.

Horror authors reminds me of song writers. They seem to have a great idea growing up and nail it with some hits, but then insperation doesn't really come to them later in life.
Good call. He had some bangers in 3 separate decades, but his latter years were abysmal. He had the hills have eyes in the 70s, A nightmare on elm street in the 80s, and Scream in the 90s.

Since there’s a lot of fans of the movie Halloween... can anybody tell me what the point of Halloween 3 was & why it was made?

Oh, that's Season of the Witch, right? That's a little different. Haven't actually seen it, but obviously it wasn't just a cash grab.

Directed by George Romero. His movies are usually decent.

Oh, that's Season of the Witch, right? That's a little different. Haven't actually seen it, but obviously it wasn't just a cash grab.

Directed by George Romero. His movies are usually decent.
That movie has somewhat grown on me over the years. I think, since the movie didn’t feature Michael Myers...people were extremely bummed out. It isn’t a bad film though.

Since there’s a lot of fans of the movie Halloween... can anybody tell me what the point of Halloween 3 was & why it was made?

I could be wrong but I think they wanted to go away from the Michael Myers angle thinking people was tired of it so they made the movie they made and seen that people wanted more Myers so they brought him back in part 4. I could be wrong but I think it was something like that.

I'm still a Stephen King fan, but he's had some real misses his day only to follow it up with a hit. It could be the lcd.

I pretty much love all King. Sometimes his endings suck but I think his buildup and development is almost always exceptional. I really wish I had not solf my first edition and special release colleciton I had of his books. I really like his son Joe Hill's books as well. My other favorites are Lovecraft, Matheson, Bradbury, Bentley Little, John Saul, and Robert McCammon.

Another huge horror fan here and horror collector. Past few years have been really good with horrors with Hereditary, Midsommar, The Witch, The BABADOOK, It Follows, Get Out and Bone Tomahawk just to name a few.

Someone mentioned a few really good Korean movies......I Saw the Devil is top 5 all time for me and The Wailing isn’t far behind. Both very different but really top shelf Thriller / Horror. Both are subtitled but still REALLY good.

Shudder channel has some really good films:

These 3 are must see:

Hell House LLC
The Wailing
Terrified

Others really good also:

Haunt
Audition
Color out of space
Exorcist III
Hellraiser
House of 1000 Corpses
Mandy
Revenge
Sleepaway Camp
Spring
The Collector
The Pool
TCM (original)
The Void
Tigers are not afraid
Train to Busan

Another huge horror fan here and horror collector. Past few years have been really good with horrors with Hereditary, Midsommar, The Witch, The BABADOOK, It Follows, Get Out and Bone Tomahawk just to name a few.

Someone mentioned a few really good Korean movies......I Saw the Devil is top 5 all time for me and The Wailing isn’t far behind. Both very different but really top shelf Thriller / Horror. Both are subtitled but still REALLY good.

These 3 are must see:

Hell House LLC
The Wailing
Terrified

Others really good also:

Haunt
Audition
Color out of space
Exorcist III
Hellraiser
House of 1000 Corpses
Mandy
Revenge
Sleepaway Camp
Spring
The Collector
The Pool
TCM (original)
The Void
Tigers are not afraid
Train to Busan

The Void was interesting. I have never seen I Saw the Devil. I'll have to try that one out.

Reactions: 500HP_Devil

These 3 are must see:

Hell House LLC
The Wailing
Terrified

Others really good also:

Haunt
Audition
Color out of space
Exorcist III
Hellraiser
House of 1000 Corpses
Mandy
Revenge
Sleepaway Camp
Spring
The Collector
The Pool
TCM (original)
The Void
Tigers are not afraid
Train to Busan
I still haven’t seen the third excorcist, gotta check that one out!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm a big horror nerd. There are some really good foreign horror films that aren't extremely well known. Here are a few random films that may not be as well known.

R-Point (South Korean war horror)

The Ritual (different take on lost in the woods horror)

Never Let Me Go (more dystopian sci fi but pretty good if you don't need action)

The Wailing (kick ass Asian horror movie)

Audition (more torture type revenge horror. I don't like torture films. They suck and are cheap thrills but this one is good)

Let the Right One In (not the crappy remake.. Probably a top 5 all time horror flick here)

Population 436

Session 9 (great haunted asylum film)

The Burrowers (western horror)

Trick R Treat (classic Halloween horror),

Below (submarine horror)

Deathwatch (British war horror)

Pontypool (another of my all time favorites. Very unique)

Isolation (weird rural horror)

Phase 7 (kind of a comedy but solid)

Altered (decent alien abduction)

The Bay (pretty cool movie about water parasites)

The Frankenstein Theory (weird found footage film...watched it after seeing Trollhunter. Trollhunter was much better but isn't really horror)

Europa Report (sci fi horror)

Apollo 18 (sci fi horror and a really good one)

I'm Not Scared (a slow burn but good one)

Oldboy (original) (Just a great movie. Probably not technically horror but worth watching)

It Comes At Night (sort of a pandemic movie)

Train to Busan (really fun Asian zombie movie. It's no 28 Days Later but is pretty good).
It Comes At Night at The Ritual are both money

I still haven’t seen the third excorcist, gotta check that one out!

Its soooooo good. George C Scott and Brad Dourif absolutely kill it in that movie. Such a great score - just tense throughout with one of the best jump scares of all time. You’ll know when you see it.

It’s on Shudder..

Sleeper: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Movie messed me up something awful when I was in middle school. I honestly found it to be more freaky than the original Exorcist. Went to a catholic school all the way up until 10th grade, so I was all into the religious aspect of these movies. Nothing scared me worse than a possessed little girl, thought it was something that could actually happen to me.

This is one of my favorite Horror pieces. In honor of Tony Todd and the Candyman - one of the best! To be remade and released next summer. Screenplay for it written by Jordan Peele (Get Out, Us).

Handmade piece from an Horror artist in the UK.

40363-EAD-7-BFE-4-DA5-A5-BB-0-EBB30051132.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT