ADVERTISEMENT

Henry Ruggs - 156 MPH

If my business offered this, I wouldn't drive anywhere. Even if I was sober.

No doubt. Even when my wife and I schedule vacations we plan our houses we rent or hotels based on if we can walk in the evenings to where we want to go and hang out.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Surprisingly, this Tweet is no longer available.

8923-E682-C2-B4-454-E-96-E0-D6-C318-B92-C2-A.jpg

How weird is it that people with nothing better to do go and look for stuff like this just to troll? Not saying you did that, but I'm sure that's the reason they took it down.

I don't think that's weird. It's a picture from not even a month ago and it's about as ironic as you can get. Probably took all of 5 seconds to find it. And trolling is fun. It's pretty much the only reason I use the internet.

I don't think that's weird. It's a picture from not even a month ago and it's about as ironic as you can get. Probably took all of 5 seconds to find it. And trolling is fun. It's pretty much the only reason I use the internet.
Idk, my first thought after hearing the news wouldn’t be to go find that picture and point it out. But to each their own.

I would have left it up. There is no real causation or relationship there. Let people freak out and be dumb. I'm also not sure that is really true irony either tbh. More just an unfortunate coincidence f you think there was an issue with it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I would have left it up. There is no real causation or relationship there. Let people freak out and be dumb. I'm also not sure that is really true irony either tbh. More just an unfortunate coincidence f you think there was an issue with it.
Can we agree that is is ironic if we follow the Alanis Morisette rules of irony?

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's like murdering someone in a felony DUI when a month earlier you posed for a joking photo driving a golf cart
It's 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
And who would've thought? It figures...

Almost hard to point out the line that isn't from the song.

• Haha
Can we agree that is is ironic if we follow the Alanis Morisette rules of irony?

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's like murdering someone in a felony DUI when a month earlier you posed for a joking photo driving a golf cart
It's 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
And who would've thought? It figures...

Almost hard to point out the line that isn't from the song.

Lol, yes, by Morisette's definition it definitely would be.

• Haha
The videos are horrific.

Christ. The girl was alive when the car burst in to flames and people could hear her screaming in pain..

Those are screams you probably hear the rest of your life. I wish words could do more than honor her at this point. Her whole life ahead of her.

Yea, I am going to quit reading about this shit. It is the worst story I have read in a while.

Going home tonight to tell my kids they will never get in trouble for calling me if they are too drunk to drive.
I feel like calling my Mom and telling I love her before someone rear ends me at 100+

Reactions: I am stupid
A buddy of mine used to be a greenskeeper there years ago. Then he went to Dubai to run a course and then got tired of all the waste and now is an organic farmer, lol.
Good for him. The runoff from unnecessary fertilizer and pesticide use causes all kinds of problems, especially once it all reaches the ocean. The excess nitrogen is what feeds the massive red tide blooms. Sounds like he did a 180.

If it's that small, walk.
Im not advacating for driving drunk but i live 15 miles out in the county. I dont even drink anymore, i quit after my dui, and prev ai pi and if its got an I i got one on my record. But still there isnt a store within 15 mins from my house, the 24 hr store is bout 20. Walmart bout 35. Driving mins not walking it take u all day and night.

Good for him. The runoff from unnecessary fertilizer and pesticide use causes all kinds of problems, especially once it all reaches the ocean. The excess nitrogen is what feeds the massive red tide blooms. Sounds like he did a 180.

Yeah, he was actually featured on a Tennessee Crossroads episode about how much excess it took to even have a course over in Dubai. He is a different kind of cat but a cool dude. We used to do work at a grocery store and smoked a lot in the backroom. He also used to try and snort different spices to see if they would give you any sort of high. Don't think they did.

The speed/reckless driving and how far above the limit he was makes a difference. One bad thing can be worse than another bad thing.
Driving drunk and killing someone is the same rather you are going 156 or 70. The decision to drive drunk far outweighs the decision to go 156mph. Did alcohol play a role in his speed? Sure. But its no different if someone were going 70 in a 35, and killed someone. Both show disregard for human life.

Driving drunk and killing someone is the same rather you are going 156 or 70. The decision to drive drunk far outweighs the decision to go 156mph. Did alcohol play a role in his speed? Sure. But its no different if someone were going 70 in a 35, and killed someone. Both show disregard for human life.

I’m not sure what point you thought I was making.

Some people get into car accidents while drunk and going under the speed limit, inside the lines. Some are drunk and over the speed limit and outside the lines. Some are barely over a .08 and get in an accident they would have gotten in while sober. Some drive recklessly fast while damn near unconscious.

Some of those are worse than others. All are bad.

Reactions: tw3301 and cdbearde
I’m not sure what point you thought I was making.

Some people get into car accidents while drunk and going under the speed limit, inside the lines. Some are drunk and over the speed limit and outside the lines. Some are barely over a .08 and get in an accident they would have gotten in while sober. Some drive recklessly fast while damn near unconscious.

Some of those are worse than others. All are bad.
None are worse than others....Driving drunk is driving drunk. KIlling someone while being drunk, with a BAC of .10, is no different than doing so with a BAC of .16.

Some handle alcohol better than others.....I got pulled over , blew a .13. Well above .08. Cop was amazed at how well I performed sobriety test, and the only reason he stopped me was I didn't use a turn signal.

Driving drunk and killing someone, is driving drunk and killing someone....

None are worse than others....Driving drunk is driving drunk. KIlling someone while being drunk, with a BAC of .10, is no different than doing so with a BAC of .16.

Some handle alcohol better than others.....I got pulled over , blew a .13. Well above .08. Cop was amazed at how well I performed sobriety test, and the only reason he stopped me was I didn't use a turn signal.

Driving drunk and killing someone, is driving drunk and killing someone....

Some murders are worse than others. Some robberies are worse than others. Some assaults are worse than others. Some speeding tickets are worse than others.

This is pretty well established in our legal system and how courts sentence criminals. I’m not exactly saying something controversial here, Borden.

If I was a juror, I’d have to vote for the max. That gal burned to death and neither Ruggs or his gf tried to help her.
He'll get next to nothing, although one of the charges I read brings a minimum 2 year sentence. He'll probably get that and be out in 6 months on good behavior or overcrowding.

If you slap a whore I think Borden wants you to get the same sentence as if you kicked your wife in the teeth. Hitting a woman is hitting a woman, after all.

He'll get next to nothing, although one of the charges I read brings a minimum 2 year sentence. He'll probably get that and be out in 6 months on good behavior or overcrowding.

Nevada has pretty strict DUI laws as I understand it. It’s going to be very hard for him to avoid the max (20+ years). I’m guessing he serves at least 8 years.

Reactions: tw3301
If you slap a whore I think Borden wants you to get the same sentence as if you kicked your wife in the teeth. Hitting a woman is hitting a woman, after all.

Nevada has pretty strict DUI laws as I understand it. It’s going to be very hard for him to avoid the max (20+ years). I’m guessing he serves at least 8 years.
He won't get anything close to 20, imo.

Don't be a lazy asshole behind the wheel.
I was in the left turning lane.....With a big ass LEFT TURN ONLY sign....with a BIG ASS LEFT arrow. I actually used turn signal to get into the turning lane----Yeah. But since I didn't use it to actually turn left---he pulled me over.

Ok....

He won't get anything close to 20, imo.

I just don’t know how he wiggles out of this. It’s as bad a case as it can be. The only thing in his favor is his previously clean record. They might offer a plea deal just to avoid the court costs and delays but it wouldn’t have to be a lot less than the max to get him to take it.

I was in the left turning lane.....With a big ass LEFT TURN ONLY sign....with a BIG ASS LEFT arrow. I actually used turn signal to get into the turning lane----Yeah. But since I didn't use it to actually turn left---he pulled me over.

Ok....
You put your signal on to get into the turn lane and turned it off before you actually turned? That's weird. 😆

Ok....

I’m on your side here (which is not going to help your case lol). When in a turn only lane, there is zero reason for a turn signal to be necessary. The traffic behind you knows you’re turning and the traffic across from you knows you’re turning. Pedestrians in the crosswalks know you’re turning. The traffic along the sides doesn’t matter, but they know you’re turning, too.

ADVERTISEMENT