ADVERTISEMENT

Henry Ruggs - 156 MPH

Not going to say horrible things about the young man. I have driven drunk more than I would like to admit. Maybe I've gotten lucky. Maybe there really is something to "being able to hold your alcohol"

I know I've never had the interest in going that fast, drunk or sober. That is insane. I get nervous if I get close to 90.

Not going to say horrible things about the young man. I have driven drunk more than I would like to admit. Maybe I've gotten lucky. Maybe there really is something to "being able to hold your alcohol"

I know I've never had the interest in going that fast, drunk or sober. That is insane. I get nervous if I get close to 90.
I've been 120 and it was insanely stupid. I would probably fight my younger self now.

Reactions: RichardMassive

Driving drunk 156mph on a busy interstate is a complete disregard for human life. He killed a young woman and her dog. He's a P.O.S.

If he doesn’t deserve the maximum sentence, nobody does. Complete disregard for human life, including his and his girlfriend’s.

Most of us have probably driven drunk a time or two. This is a totally different level. Fvck him to hell.

Last edited:
Some could say driving with one eye opened at a snail's pace is different than 150 in a metropolitan area.

No I agree. I’m just saying, I’ve driven drunk and so have a lot of other people. Just trying not to be a hypocrite
Right there with ya, but we arent millionairs with access to limo service, and like u i never wanted to break the speed limit much less push my car to all it had and get to 104 lol

Reactions: JimboBBN
He wasn't on the interstate. It was a major local road (same road I used to live on) and the speed limit ranges from 35-45 mph.

They said the road was three lanes and the only thing I’ve ever seeing 3 lanes is an interstate. My bad.

If he doesn’t deserve the maximum sentence, nobody does. Complete disregard for human life, including his and his girlfriend’s.

Most of us have probably driven drunk a time or two. This is a totally different level. Fvck him to hell.
Just curious----what makes this a totally different level? The speed he was going----Thats the determining factor? Is it worse if I was doing the speed limit, but due to being drunk, I ran a light, and hit a person/car, and killing them?

Right there with ya, but we arent millionairs with access to limo service, and like u i never wanted to break the speed limit much less push my car to all it had and get to 104 lol
Don't need to be a millionaire---taxi's/uber doesn't require you being rich.

They said the road was three lanes and the only thing I’ve ever seeing 3 lanes is an interstate. My bad.
Yeah, we have major highways in Memphis that sometimes are 8 lanes,9 if you count turning lanes, which aren't I40/55/240. I can't imagine anyone doing near 100 down those roads. They could, but to actually do it sober is insanely dangerous.

Reactions: Villian07
Don't need to be a millionaire---taxi's/uber doesn't require you being rich.
Taxis and uber aint an option in my podunk town fwiw. Id have to hire a full time driver if i could afford ot and wanted to go places fked up all the time.

Just curious----what makes this a totally different level? The speed he was going----Thats the determining factor? Is it worse if I was doing the speed limit, but due to being drunk, I ran a light, and hit a person/car, and killing them?
The speed. 100mph over the speed limit i mean my god. Driving drunk is obv reckless enough, going 100 mph over the speed limit is insane if ur sober.

Taxis and uber aint an option in my podunk town fwiw. Id have to hire a full time driver if i could afford ot and wanted to go places fked up all the time.
I've not heard "fixed up" in a while. Thanks for that. You're pretty cool for a UL fan.

I think Chevrolet should be held responsible for making a car like that. 🤡
They should definitely get a safety award. A fiberglass kite on wheels plows into another vehicle at 127 mph and neither occupant is critically injured. That's a damn miracle.

Reactions: I am stupid

The speed/reckless driving and how far above the limit he was makes a difference. One bad thing can be worse than another bad thing.

Reactions: GE Nole
The speed is absurd but if you are drunk then you aren't really in your right mind so the issue is more the fact that a dude who could easily afford to take a number of other ways home chose to do something this dumb . He did though so now will face the consequences.

Reactions: brooky03
Agree Cory would add if you are "THAT" drunk you aren't in your right mind.

People that drunk do some insane stuff. Piss themselves. Pass out in bushes. Front yards. Bang an ugly. Get in fights against a crowd. Wake up naked in a corridor. Etc, etc, etc.

It is of course awful if taking the wheel.

Then again, all that should be considered prior to the binge drinking. Set something up to avoid the DUI. That's the main issue IMO.

Agree Cory would add if you are "THAT" drunk you aren't in your right mind.

People that drunk do some insane stuff. Piss themselves. Pass out in bushes. Front yards. Bang an ugly. Get in fights against a crowd. Wake up naked in a corridor. Etc, etc, etc.

It is of course awful if taking the wheel.

Then again, all that should be considered prior to the binge drinking. Set something up to avoid the DUI. That's the main issue IMO.
There's already something set up. The NFL provides a 24/7/365 car service.

Blaming alcohol is the Go To of immaturity.

These types will have a ready-list of excuses as to why they don't deserve full consequences (for a litany of whatevers)..

"I'd never have (made that decision), had I been sober" is pathetic and should be recognized as it is, an immediate red flag.

This country needs to do so much better in not only DUI prevention, but punishment as well.

ADVERTISEMENT