ADVERTISEMENT

Headed to Memphis this weekend...

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
Myself and a couple of friends are going to the Mavs vs Grizzlies game on Saturday. Gonna be a long night and a long drive.

What’s a good place to eat down there or go to kill some time/watch football?

Myself and a couple of friends are going to the Mavs vs Grizzlies game on Saturday. Gonna be a long night and a long drive.

What’s a good place to eat down there or go to kill some time/watch football?
Where are you staying?

NVM. FedEx forum is right off of Beale St. Plenty of places to eat and pass time. Just go in any place.

Not staying anywhere. Just a drive down early morning, come back LATE that night

Good luck with that. I hope you have a designated driver.

Seriously though, I would suggest parking at this address, you'll thank me later. It's a easy walk to FedEx and you'll love Beale.

Just put this in your GPS. I like you, I'm not BSing.

110 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103

Use the elevator and the Main St. exit. You'll find plenty to do. You'll walk past more shit to do than you can actually do.

*also note, the music highway (between Memphis and Nashville) SUCCCKSSSSS. Don't pass out on your driver on the way back.

**If you're in Memphis, don't eat at a burger place. There's plenty of BBQ joints.

***You have my number if you need anything. I'll help out with anything except bail money. ;)

Last edited:
Good luck with that. I hope you have a designated driver.

Seriously though, I would suggest parking at this address, you'll thank me later. It's a easy walk to FedEx and you'll love Beale.

Just put this in your GPS. I like you, I'm not BSing.

110 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103

Use the elevator and the Main St. exit. You'll find plenty to do. You'll walk past more shit to do than you can actually do.

*also note, the music highway (between Memphis and Nashville) SUCCCKSSSSS. Don't pass out on your driver on the way back.

**If you're in Memphis, don't eat at a burger place. There's plenty of BBQ joints.

***You have my number if you need anything. I'll help out with anything except bail money. ;)

How close is that to the arena? And are there any places close by for some of the famous hot chicken?

Also what is the cost on parking there, do you know?

How close is that to the arena? And are there any places close by for some of the famous hot chicken?
Gus chicken is the most famous chicken by far in Memphis. The orignal store is right down the road.

When coming out of the parking garage, walk one block to the west (towards the river) and get on the trolley. There will a long line at Gus'. You can walk it, but that'll at 1/2 hr. walking (round trip)

310 S Front St
Memphis, TN 38103

I'd save the hour waiting @ Gus' and just eat BBQ on Beale.

*If you have friends who don't like BBQ, punch them in the dick and tell they have chicken and burgers on the menu as well.

Last edited:

Missed this first time, It's right there. You'll come out, a block south to Beale and FedEx is about two blocks east on Beale. You'll know where Beale is by all the ppl and the music.

When the game is over, all those ppl will flood Beale st. and yeah, it's live as f^ck.

*The star is the parking garage.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HRTheCard
Gus in Memphis is the original.

I know they have Gus World Famous Fried Chicken all over now but you have to eat at the one in Memphis
there's multiple in Memphis but the address above is the original one. sorry for being a stickler.

It's easily an hour wait. We've at there once due to the line that stretches around the block.It' old town Memphis and doesn't seat a lot of ppl. Hence the huge line of tourist. Actually f*ck tourist, I could say lunch line.

Also, @HRTheCard Nashville is the one known for "hot" chicken. You'll pass through Nashville on the way here. Stop there and get your fix on hot chicken, then when in Memphis fill up on some BBQ.

How long is it to Bowling Green from Louisville? It cant be much shorter than it is from Lexington Id imagine. Somewhere less than an hr difference?

Thats gonna be a long ass drive OP. Yall drive safe, like lurk said that can be an easy doze off drive on the way back.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Lexington to BG is about as an exciting of a drive as Nashville to Memphis. Louisville to BG is about 2 hours....about same level of excitement, but at least you can see Kentucky Down Under.

Lexington to BG is about as an exciting of a drive as Nashville to Memphis. Louisville to BG is about 2 hours....about same level of excitement, but at least you can see Kentucky Down Under.
They both suck, Memphis to Nashville is about an hour longer.

Also @HRTheCard if you're not planning on stopping in Nashville use the exit 90A Hwy 155 exit. It will bypass all of Nashville's traffic. 204A exit on the way back home.

*It will save you time if you're not trying to stop in Nashville. It's the same path I use.

Last edited:
Yeah, Im definitely no fan of the drive to BG from Lexvegas. Never done the I65 drive North from Etown to Louisville, but I know going South that interstate is rough as hell. Where are our tax dollars going? The road maintenance on that stretch down to Tennessee is garbage.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT