ADVERTISEMENT

halfway point of the BT Awards

Dude, you didn't even know who Paul Reed was... or Yoeli Childs. Your basketball knowledge is limited to 14 teams.
Way too much credit here...he only (kinda) knows Iowa, maybe ISU and high schools that have Iowa commits (maybe). He knows very little about the other 13 teams in the Big.

Reactions: jace4655555
Dude, you didn't even know who Paul Reed was... or Yoeli Childs. Your basketball knowledge is limited to 14 teams.
that's all I want to know as the BT is the conference Iowa is a part of.

plus I would be willing to bet all you did was look at ESPN's scoring leaders to find these players.

Actually It's been reported, by people that get paid to report on the team, that Garza was very close to leaving after last season for Europe. He has two cousins who play overseas and a bunch of family in Europe. Gun to my head, I would put money on him leaving after this season. I really hope he doesn't, because I think the Hawks could be a top 10 team next year if he were to return.
and who are these PEOPLE THAT GET paid, no way was he even thinking about leaving last season. he had to many things to work on. even this season he has things to work on, FT shooting is at the top and increasing his leg strength.

but next season he won't have to avg 20 n 10, as there will be more help to take the pressure off him.
Nunge @ 7'0 had been practicing on his back to the basket skills and was going head to head with Garza and was more than holding own. to me Fran seems to like the 4 G 1 F/C lineup.

Fredrick started shooting and practicing on his foot on Sunday, with his return the lineup gets their season's 3rd leading scorer and top 3 point shooter.

Way too much credit here...he only (kinda) knows Iowa, maybe ISU and high schools that have Iowa commits (maybe). He knows very little about the other 13 teams in the Big.
kinda know a team that I have been a fan of for over 60 years. you really are brain dead.

that's all I want to know as the BT is the conference Iowa is a part of.

plus I would be willing to bet all you did was look at ESPN's scoring leaders to find these players.

I could have told you that Markus Howard was leading the nation in scoring. Common knowledge.

And Yoeli Childs doesn't even show up on ESPN's leading scorers/rebounders, due to not meeting the minimum number of games. I was well aware of Childs and Knight before the start of the season (see below). Not surprised to hear you have tunnel vision, though. Wouldn't expect anything less.

Probably not the most accurate list out there. But, here's my top 150. I'm sure I missed a few.

Top 150
3. Markus Howard, Marquette
39. Yoeli Childs, BYU
84. Nathan Knight, William & Mary

I could have told you that Markus Howard was leading the nation in scoring. Common knowledge.

And Yoeli Childs doesn't even show up on ESPN's leading scorers/rebounders, due to not meeting the minimum number of games. I was well aware of Childs and Knight before the start of the season (see below). Not surprised to hear you have tunnel vision, though. Wouldn't expect anything less.
color me unimpressed. but anybody can do recruiting ranking searches to try to impress people.

color me unimpressed. but anybody can do recruiting ranking searches to try to impress people.

Those are not recruiting rankings. Those numbers come from my preseason top 150 most impactful players in college basketball. I developed those rankings on my own. I've seen well over a 100 D-1 teams play this year. Does that make me an expert? Probably not, but it's possible I might have a better perspective of the whole landscape of college basketball than the average fan, simply because I've seen so many different teams play. I've even seen Iowa play 9-10 times this year.

The only thing that would impress you is someone that slurps Iowa and Fran 247.

Those are not recruiting rankings. Those numbers come from my preseason top 150 most impactful players in college basketball. I developed those rankings on my own. I've seen well over a 100 D-1 teams play this year. Does that make me an expert? Probably not, but it's possible I might have a better perspective of the whole landscape of college basketball than the average fan, simply because I've seen so many different teams play. I've even seen Iowa play 9-10 times this year.

not really I support the current coach till they show they are not worth it
Ralph Miller
Lute Olsen
Tom Davis
Fran

SA lost my support by allowing sex offender back on the team, but I was not alone as evidenced by how the fans stopped going.
Lick was a complete disaster

Fran since he has been here has rebuilt the fan base and is now getting higher rated players from outside the state are giving this team a 2nd look with a couple of them committing.
his accomplishment will follow this in another thread.

as for what he has done
in year 3 his team won 25 games the 2nd highest total in Iowa's history
13-14 1st NCAAT [play in game]
14-15 2nd NCAAT 1st rnd win last one was under Alford in the 01-02 season and the only win till Fran's 1st win
15-16 3rd NCAAT #2 1st rnd NCAAT win last time a Iowa coach did that was under Tom Davis
16-17 4th NCAAT #3 1st rnd win in a row again Tom Davis was the last coach to do that
18-19 5th NCAAT #4 1st rnd win in a row Davis was the only coach to do that with Davis going 9-0 in 1st rnd NCAAT games.

the 2012 recruiting class was rated #25 by ESPN and as 4 year starters had the 3rd best win total. Davis teams have the #1 and #2 records.

nice to see Iowa back to the level it was under Davis, Davis had 1 Elite 8 finish and 2 Sweet 16 finishes being run off the year he had his 2nd. most of team would have come back with Davis in line to get his 3rd and 4th McDonald AA.

BUT they went to Kansas because of Davis being run off, his top players left has well
Range was run off by Alford
Ricky Davis only 1 n Done might have come back for a 2nd year.

Fran who hate has rebuilt this team from the basement up and the fan base back up from the toxic level it had reached.

if call supporting a coach slurping then I guess YOU can call it that.

Garza was a top 100 4* by ESPN and he showing why he was rated in the top 100.

and who are these PEOPLE THAT GET paid, no way was he even thinking about leaving last season. he had to many things to work on. even this season he has things to work on, FT shooting is at the top and increasing his leg strength.

but next season he won't have to avg 20 n 10, as there will be more help to take the pressure off him.
Nunge @ 7'0 had been practicing on his back to the basket skills and was going head to head with Garza and was more than holding own. to me Fran seems to like the 4 G 1 F/C lineup.

Fredrick started shooting and practicing on his foot on Sunday, with his return the lineup gets their season's 3rd leading scorer and top 3 point shooter.
You realize the mods over at HR are paid to run said website correct? Marc Morehouse also said that he was close to leaving. Is he paid to report on Iowa?

You realize the mods over at HR are paid to run said website correct? Marc Morehouse also said that he was close to leaving. Is he paid to report on Iowa?
the Gazzette is only 45 minutes away and he is the sportswriter so yeah he does get paid to cover Iowa. just like the Rag covers ISU and the courier covers UNI. they all write and report on the 4 D1 BB programs in the state.
UNI
ISU
Iowa
Drake

the Gazzette is only 45 minutes away and he is the sportswriter so yeah he does get paid to cover Iowa. just like the Rag covers ISU and the courier covers UNI. they all write and report on the 4 D1 BB programs in the state.
UNI
ISU
Iowa
Drake
So you're saying he's a credible source? Well he corroborated Kakert's report that Garza was very close to leaving last season. I tend to trust them more than the voices in your head.

So you're saying he's a credible source? Well he corroborated Kakert's report that Garza was very close to leaving last season. I tend to trust them more than the voices in your head.
in a interview with Garza and his father, THEY SAID he DID NOT CONSIDER leaving. so I will trust what they said.
all Mark did was repeat what Kakert said and nothing more. somehow it is best to take the word straight out the player and his father said.

the only thing they did do was go to work on his game with his father and uncle.

that learning experience is showing up this season.

what's interesting is that Hawk fans want Fran to hire his father to coach the Iowa big's going forward.

Garza chose to play for Fran because Fran's willingness to let his bigs shoot from outside and the style of play.
the same reason all these players on the team chose to play FOR FRAN.

even Fredrick was going to walk on at the time when Fran didn't have a scholarship available. pretty good recruit that was willing to walk on just to play for FRAN.

I'm an expert on Iowa players last names. Still have no idea what their first names are b/c Gil has never posted them.

Hmmm Iowa is 11-5, wouldn't call that losing.

Michigan is 2-3 and 11-5 as well so what's their excuse after all they have the greatest big in the country in Teske.

Fran has two players in your top 6.
Juwan has zero in your top 6.

And both teams are 11-5 and Michigan beat Iowa??

Fran has two players in your top 6.
Juwan has zero in your top 6.

And both teams are 11-5 and Michigan beat Iowa??
@ your place they come to Carver on the 17th, plus Wieskamp and Fredrick are now 100% and now know Jordan will not be there,

in a interview with Garza and his father, THEY SAID he DID NOT CONSIDER leaving. so I will trust what they said.
all Mark did was repeat what Kakert said and nothing more. somehow it is best to take the word straight out the player and his father said.

the only thing they did do was go to work on his game with his father and uncle.

that learning experience is showing up this season.
link?

what's interesting is that Hawk fans want Fran to hire his father to coach the Iowa big's going forward.

Garza chose to play for Fran because Fran's willingness to let his bigs shoot from outside and the style of play.
the same reason all these players on the team chose to play FOR FRAN.

even Fredrick was going to walk on at the time when Fran didn't have a scholarship available. pretty good recruit that was willing to walk on just to play for FRAN.
No....no they don’t. Maybe you and your drunk uneducated legion of tavernhok knuckledragging friends. But no actual reasonable Iowa fan wants the hawks to hire a players father/convicted felon.

No....no they don’t. Maybe you and your drunk uneducated legion of tavernhok knuckledragging friends. But no actual reasonable Iowa fan wants the hawks to hire a players father/convicted felon.
oh really you have verifable evidence that Garza's father is a FELON?

these people are posters on HR and HN

oh really you have verifable evidence that Garza's father is a FELON?

these people are posters on HR and HN
https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Investment-scheme-nets-man-30-months-in-prison-3296511.php

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article...goes-into-free-fall-2750719.php#photo-2189024

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2007/08/24/consultant-pleads-guilty-to-investment-scam/
monty-python-gif-5.gif

Last edited:
doesn't change the fact that the posters on another board want's Fran to hire to work with Iowa's bigs considering what he has done with Garza over the summer.

hey its no worse than a coaching cheating to win by paying 6 figures to play for him.

nobody is asking him for advice on what to do with their money. after 15 years people change and its not like he covered for a rapist or pedophile like what was done at PSU [Pedo U]

doesn't change the fact that the posters on another board want's Fran to hire to work with Iowa's bigs considering what he has done with Garza over the summer.

hey its no worse than a coaching cheating to win by paying 6 figures to play for him.

nobody is asking him for advice on what to do with their money. after 15 years people change and its not like he covered for a rapist or pedophile like what was done at PSU [Pedo U]

After 15 years people change but you think Juwan cheats because he was part of the Fab 5.

Brilliant

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

You're right, he just defrauded people out of millions of dollars. That's who I want in a position of authority at a state institution. Any fan that would want him hired is an absolute ignoramus.

You're right, he just defrauded people out of millions of dollars. That's who I want in a position of authority at a state institution. Any fan that would want him hired is an absolute ignoramus.
would trust him with my money no, coaching my kid yes.

hey people look at the holy rolling bible thumper.

just how much time did he spend in Club Fed?

would trust him with my money no, coaching my kid yes.

hey people look at the holy rolling bible thumper.

just how much time did he spend in Club Fed?
This is the hill you're going to die on? So you still condemn the players on the fab 5 for taking payouts from coaches. You know, the 18 year old kids that had ZERO money. Most of them living in poverty. Who could use the money to help not only themselves, but their families. Those are the bad guys? But the millionaire investment banker who swindled people out of millions, he's changed and he gets a pass. You truly are mentally fatiguing.

Last edited:
This is the hill you're going to die on. So you still condemn the players on the fab 5 for taking payouts from coaches. You know, the 18 year old kids that had ZERO money. Most of them living in poverty. Who could use the money to help not only themselves, but their families. Those are the bad guys? But the millionaire investment banker who swindled people out of millions, he's changed and he gets a pass. You truly are mentally fatiguing.

I have a different word, but Rivals is PC now.

This is the hill you're going to die on? So you still condemn the players on the fab 5 for taking payouts from coaches. You know, the 18 year old kids that had ZERO money. Most of them living in poverty. Who could use the money to help not only themselves, but their families. Those are the bad guys? But the millionaire investment banker who swindled people out of millions, he's changed and he gets a pass. You truly are mentally fatiguing.
ahh yes the bible thumper as spoken, quick get the firing squad together so hawkmi can see Garza's father executed,

oh yeah those poor poor under fed street urchin's excuse is getting pretty lame.

ahh yes the bible thumper as spoken, quick get the firing squad together so hawkmi can see Garza's father executed,

oh yeah those poor poor under fed street urchin's excuse is getting pretty lame.

What do you have against the good book?

ADVERTISEMENT