Winston MSU
Wieskamp IA
Cowan MD
Oturo Minn
Steven PSU
BT COY Illinois HC [sorry can't remember his name]
BT FR team
TJD Ind
after that I don't have a clue so canidates are welcome.

agree or changes are welcome.

Garza is at a level above first team.

tenor.gif

Might as well through in Touissant and Kriener too.
no need.

as for Garza he is the only D1 player avg 20+ ppg and 10+ rpg and is #8 in scoring and the only P5 player in the top 10. currently #12 in D1 in rpg.

now why should Garza NOT be considered for the BT POY.

You didn’t even have Garza at 1st team.
didn't think he needed to be on the 1st Team being the BT POY.

I would have done the same with Winston. just like with the FR POY.
those awards speak for themselves. also Iowa is 1 game out of 3rd and 1.5 games out of 2nd. this is the halfway point.

if you don't agree come up with your own.

didn't think he needed to be on the 1st Team being the BT POY.

I would have done the same with Winston. just like with the FR POY.
those awards speak for themselves. also Iowa is 1 game out of 3rd and 1.5 games out of 2nd. this is the halfway point.

if you don't agree come up with your own.

giphy.gif

no need.

as for Garza he is the only D1 player avg 20+ ppg and 10+ rpg and is #8 in scoring and the only P5 player in the top 10. currently #12 in D1 in rpg.

Where did I ever say that in this thread? I have no problem with Garza POY at this point.

If we're being honest, a healthy CJ Frederick is 1st Team, as well.
no he would be on the BT FR team. but that won't happen with him missing games because of that foot injury. his stats sure justified that at the halfway point in 13 games.
10.3 ppg 3rd leading scorer
1.7 rpg
2.9 apg
0.8 spg
54% from the field
70.8% from the FTL
50% from 3 23-46 leads the team tied for 14th in D1.

THE SEASON is halfway done. the BT is 5 games away from the halfway point.
Not sure how the Big 10 does things but the Big 12 bases their awards off of how players perform during just the conference schedule. It’s why Devonte Graham won POY over Trae Young in 2018. Young had the better overall season but Graham was the better player during the conference schedule (supposedly).

Right. But he later implies Iowa is less than 2 games out of 2nd place at the halfway point. Just pointing out it’s nowhere near the halfway point.

I am excited to hear his reasoning though.

lol. Prepare to be disappointed.

Gil is 0’fer ITT
to bad for you Garza and Weezy will both be back for the 20-21 season. with more help than they have right now
1 Toussaint backup Ulis
2 Fredrick backup Perkins
3 Wieskamp backup Patrick
4 Connor backup Pemsl
5 Garza backup Nunge
11 Kris Murray
12 Keegan Murray
13 Ogundele

to bad for you Garza and Weezy will both be back for the 20-21 season. with more help than they have right now
1 Toussaint backup Ulis
2 Fredrick backup Perkins
3 Wieskamp backup Patrick
4 Connor backup Pemsl
5 Garza backup Nunge
11 Kris Murray
12 Keegan Murray
13 Ogundele

I think Garza is off to Europe after this year.

and who are they? who do they play for?

You haven't heard of Nathan Knight or Yoeli Childs? Mercy. Knight was logging huge numbers in 2018 and 2019. Big-time college basketball fans know who he is. I'll give you slack on Nathan Knight since he plays for William & Mary. Yoeli Childs, though? You should really know who that is. Most pundits had him as a preseason top 25-30 player. Probably the best player in the WCC.

You haven't heard of Nathan Knight or Yoeli Childs? Mercy. Knight was logging huge numbers in 2018 and 2019. Big-time college basketball fans know who he is. I'll give you slack on Nathan Knight since he plays for William & Mary. Yoeli Childs, though? You should really know who that is. Most pundits had him as a preseason top 25-30 player. Probably the best player in the WCC.
but neither are P5 players are they. so my point still stands that Garza is the only P5 player that is avg'ing 20 n 10 to date.

but neither are P5 players are they. so my point still stands that Garza is the only P5 player that is avg'ing 20 n 10 to date.

Your point doesn't stand because you said only D1 player. And no need to dismiss Childs. Iowa is a projected 8 seed; BYU is a projected 9 seed. Those two schools are essentially equal this year.

As far as Garza's scoring being in the top 10, I find it odd that you qualified it as P5 schools. Marquette is in the Big East (Markus Howard), a conference which is projected to have 6 tournament teams. They're clearly better than the ACC, SEC, and Pac-12. Easily a top 3 conference. Also, Aaron Nesmith is #7 in the country in scoring (SEC).

no need.

Your point doesn't stand because you said only D1 player. And no need to dismiss Childs. Iowa is a projected 8 seed; BYU is a projected 9 seed. Those two schools are essentially equal this year.

As far as Garza's scoring being in the top 10, I find it odd that you qualified it as P5 schools. Marquette is in the Big East (Markus Howard), a conference which is projected to have 6 tournament teams. They're clearly better than the ACC, SEC, and Pac-12. Easily a top 3 conference. Also, Aaron Nesmith is #7 in the country in scoring (SEC).

Gil will suck you into his circular logic and ever changing goal posts.

source.gif

Reactions: dukedevilz

Howard is a guard and is avg'ing 26.8 ppg BUT he is only avg'ing 3.3 rpg.

and BYU is not a P5 Team so at least you got 1 right about there being a D1 BB player avg'ing 20 n 10. here's the catch Childs has only played 7 games vs Garza who has played 16.

talk to me when Child gets to 16 games.

you fail again, Garza is avg 22.0 ppg and 10.8 rpg AFTER 16 games overall and 5 in the BT, A true P5 conference.

Nesmith is avg'ing 23 ppg BUT ONLY 4.9 RPG again you fail to trash what Garza is doing. plus it very obvious that you can't read.

you must really butt hurt that Garza is making you look like a total fool by not including him in your top 100, like I pointed out ESPN rated him a Top 100 4*.

Nesmith is avg'ing 23 ppg BUT ONLY 4.9 RPG again you fail to trash what Garza is doing. plus it very obvious that you can't read.

you must really butt hurt that Garza is making you look like a total fool by not including him in your top, like I pointed out ESPN rated him a Top 100 4*.

Dude, you didn't even know who Paul Reed was... or Yoeli Childs. Your basketball knowledge is limited to 14 teams.

Garza will be back as he has a few things to work on.
Actually It's been reported, by people that get paid to report on the team, that Garza was very close to leaving after last season for Europe. He has two cousins who play overseas and a bunch of family in Europe. Gun to my head, I would put money on him leaving after this season. I really hope he doesn't, because I think the Hawks could be a top 10 team next year if he were to return.

ADVERTISEMENT