ADVERTISEMENT

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What gives me pause is Kansas' unnaturally easy path to the finals. They got Villanova without their 2nd best player. Creighton without their top 2 starting point guards and their starting Center. Providence and Miami were really the only 2 you played at full strength. We had Baylor with 2 injuries on our way, but let's be honest, without the refs tossing Manek on some bs, we win that game by 20 also.

Reactions: RockChalk82
Indeed. I am intrigued to see how Kansas handles Manek though. He's the key, imo, for Carolina to have a shot.
I think Kansas will handle Manek just fine as they are very familiar with Manek style of play. Kansas played him several times during his 4 years at OU.

Last edited:
I think Kansas wil handle Manek just fine as they are very familiar with Manek style of play. Kansas played him several times during his 4 years at OU.

Did Manek play as much perimeter at OU or was he down low?

Manek was pretty much a perimeter guy at OU as well. Did have some post moments but OU used him a lot in the pick-n-pop especially against someone like Kansas who uses more traditional centers.

has he always shot at a 40% rate?

It makes sense he would slightly improve. He has better teammates and plays in a more offensive friendly system. Bacot is getting doubled and tripled. Both guards are highly skilled.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Are you comparing banged up to a torn achilles and unable to even enter a game?
So because Moore had an injury it doesn't matter that McCormack and lightfoot were both injured? You talk about KU beating a clipped team yet discount ku playing with injured players. Obviously Moore not playing is different, but they weren't beating KU regardless if Moore played or not

Reactions: KUhawks34
So because Moore had an injury it doesn't matter that McCormack and lightfoot were both injured? You talk about KU beating a clipped team yet discount ku playing with injured players. Obviously Moore not playing is different, but they weren't beating KU regardless if Moore played or not
It would have been really close tho.

It would have been really close tho.
Agree to disagree. Nobody was beating KU that night. I'm sure it would've made them a little more competitive but he's not that great of a player to change the outcome of that specific game. He's a good player, not elite.

ADVERTISEMENT