ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread For 11/6

WTF? Cole was just standing there waiting on him. The official literally made the charge sign and then changed his mind. How does the best player in the game get such a terrible call against him there.

Purdue looked decent tonight. Should set up a big game against Texas.

Purdue's bigs could cause issues.
Texas likes to play small at times with 4 guards so Purdue's size could cause issues with that

Hopefully Gerald Liddell is cleared by Saturday. Truthfully think he is the best all around player for Texas.
As a 4 causes issues with his speed and as a 3 causes issues with his length.
Need him for Eastern

I just watched the Mike Prey PC. I also try and watch his when they play UNC no matter who wins. One of my favorite coaches in college basketball.

Reactions: jhmossy
I hated it last night when they would show Cal on the bench. Who tf wants to watch someone watching the game?
Disagree. Seems Greg has raised a hell of a kid. Loved Cole giving his team all the credit. However, he lost me when he said the Heels have the best student section in the country. Lol. Home crowds at the DD have always been weak. I doubt it's changed that much in one game. Would love to be wrong, though.

Saying that, I bet Greg doesn't like being on the TV. But, I bet his son likes seeing him on TV.

Last edited:
Obviously not a lot to go by in one game, but who would you say will be UNC's #2 guy by the end of the season?

Disagree. Seems Greg has raised a hell of a kid. Loved Cole giving his team all the credit. However, he lost me when he said the Heels have the best student section in the country. Lol. Home crowds at the DD have always been weak. I doubt it's changed that much in one game. Would love to be wrong, though.

Saying that, I bet Greg doesn't like being on the tv. But, I bet his son does.

You like them showing other people on the TV while the game is going on? Screw that. The crowd last night was pretty good. The student section is often good. It is just not by the court and also lost in the size of the place.

Obviously not a lot to go by in one game, but who would you say will be UNC's #2 guy by the end of the season?

BRob is who I thought it could be. I think he was poised for a big year. Sucks that he is hurt. Obviously, Brooks could be it. He will get a lot of usage. Bacot will be very good eventually with the way he uses both hands. Keeling was a trainwreck last night but he is taking a huge step up in comp so when he feels that out a bit better he will score some. Leaky can score but didn't look great last night. So at this point I don't think we know at all. It is obviously Cole first though. There will be times where the team will struggle to score. Hell, last night they did outside of one dude.

You like them showing other people on the TV while the game is going on? Screw that. The crowd last night was pretty good. The student section is often good. It is just not by the court and also lost in the size of the place.

BRob is who I thought it could be. I think he was poised for a big year. Sucks that he is hurt. Obviously, Brooks could be it. He will get a lot of usage. Bacot will be very good eventually with the way he uses both hands. Keeling was a trainwreck last night but he is taking a huge step up in comp so when he feels that out a bit better he will score some. Leaky can score but didn't look great last night. So at this point I don't think we know at all. It is obviously Cole first though. There will be times where the team will struggle to score. Hell, last night they did outside of one dude.

So, 5-way tie for the #2 guy?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Yes. I like seeing great parents being rewarded and showcased. I bet Cole likes it, too, since he knows all his dad probably did for him to get there.

The DD has always been weak as far as fans go. I've been there for Duke/Carolina and was underwhelmed. But, it's great to see Anthony praising everyone he can think of after the game other than himself. Hadn't seen any interviews before last night, and was thoroughly impressed with the kid on and off the court. He's gonna make for a great leader this season. We haven't had someone who could take over like that in a long time, imo. That was some next level shit for game one against a legit opponent.

Let's see who the real fans of the sport are. Did anybody stay up for UCLA and watch any of their game? How do they look, if you did?

Let's see who the real fans of the sport are. Did anybody stay up for UCLA and watch any of their game? How do they look, if you did?
I've been up all night, didn't watch a second of their game. Looking back I should have. It would have probably helped me sleep.

I didn’t know it was on or I would have. I was up. I looked for a game but couldn’t find it.

So, 5-way tie for the #2 guy?

Kind of. There isn’t really a 2 guy. There is Cole and then different dudes on different nights.

ADVERTISEMENT