ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
I don’t give a crap about Erin and neither do the other people who paid off what they agreed to pay off.

Erin borrowed $175,000. She paid $130,000 over 10 years. She still owe $175,000.

That’s $130,000 the government profited off of Erin. You think it’s bad she gets $10,000 of it back?

This helps pretty much everyone in my immediate family. Never mind the talking points, how do we stop this going forward? Will students take out loans thinking they'll be bailed out? There seems to be a need for restructuring and not trying to fix it on the back end.

The debt is still there, where did it get shuffled to?

You stop it by dropping interest rates on government backed student loans and require people to pay back what they borrow. It’s pretty simple to me.

@JimboBBN

If society needs me to be a nurse because nurses are vital and there is a nurse shortage…..

And I’d like to be a nurse…….

And it costs me $75,000 to go to college to learn to be a nurse…….

Remember society needs this…….

Then how can anyone have an issue with me paying back the $75,000 I borrowed rather than the government making an additional $50,000 on interest as I repay it to total of $125,000?

Again, I’ve paid $15,000 in interest. The $10,000 in “relief” I’m getting is just getting some of that back.

Re: “That’s not anyone else’s problem”.

It would be everyone’s problem if people with student loan debt had avoided debt by going into non-college professions. You’d lose well over half of the Heath Care work force that is already decimated. That sounds good to you?

What’s better is supporting doctors and nurses by letting them borrow money and then letting them pay that exact amount back over time. Not slapping 6% interest rates on it when my credit union can finance my Mazda for 2.2%.
The real problem here imo is the greedy medical colleges charging effin 50k a semester.

@JimboBBN

If society needs me to be a nurse because nurses are vital and there is a nurse shortage…..

And I’d like to be a nurse…….

And it costs me $75,000 to go to college to learn to be a nurse…….

Remember society needs this…….

Then how can anyone have an issue with me paying back the $75,000 I borrowed rather than the government making an additional $50,000 on interest as I repay it to total of $125,000?
Bc when u borrowed it u agreed to pay back that much interest. why should anyone have to pay back a loan on anything. Society didnt force u to become a nurse.

But again its the greedy ass colleges i really have a problem with. Milking kids/parents for wayyyyyyyy more than they should so professors can have 2-3 classes a semester and gets TAs to grade everything for them. Sorry mossy

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Bc when u borrowed it u agreed to pay back that much interest. why should anyone have to pay back a loan on anything. Society didnt force u to become a nurse.

But again its the greedy ass colleges i really have a problem with. Milking kids/parents for wayyyyyyyy more than they should so professors can have 2-3 classes a semester and gets TAs to grade everything for them. Sorry mossy

Society needs nurses and there’s already a nursing shortage with all the ones taking student loans to become one. Imagine a world where only people who could pay out of pocket went to nursing school. The health care system would collapse.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, they sort of do...IMO, going to college shouldn't cost what it does.
No. They really don't. And the argument is not whether it should cost what it does. It is who should be responsible for paying the debt for someone who agreed to pay said debt. It's basically like eating the entire steak and then demanding your money back because it wasn't cooked to your liking.

No. They really don't. And the argument is not whether it should cost what it does. It is who should be responsible for paying the debt for someone who agreed to pay said debt. It's basically like eating the entire steak and then demanding your money back because it wasn't cooked to your liking.
cost ispart of the argument rather people want it to be, or not. not saying i agree with paying off debt----just think it naive to think students arent forced into borrowing...they are to an extent, and its due to the outrageous cost of going to college.

just think it naive to think students arent forced into borrowing...they are to an extent, and its due to the outrageous cost of going to college.
Wrong. The idea behind taking on a student loan is that it is an investment. There are smart investments and poor ones. If in 15 years you are still paying off your student loan, then you either made a poor investment or made some poor financial decisions, preventing you from paying the loan off before you got raped by interest. Either way, that's a you problem, not an everyone who pays taxes problem.

And this handout program (if it survives the courts) will only raise the costs of going to college.

No, but society needs students that can’t pay out of pocket going to college and particularly in public service fields. That requires a loan program. We should all be behind a system that doesn’t slam them with 6.50% interest rates.
My argument is not that the interest rates are reasonable.

No, but society needs students that can’t pay out of pocket going to college and particularly in public service fields. That requires a loan program. We should all be behind a system that doesn’t slam them with 6.50% interest rates.

This is basically my stance. I have no issues with people paying back loans. I still owe about 10,000 on mine and will pay them because mine won't qualify for payoff since they were for grad school. But people who want certain degrees have to take out loans and some of those loans have high interest rates with an already high principal. The system should offer loans for college degrees (since we deem them necessary for certain jobs) that aren't ridiculously hard to pay back when one gets the job they went to school for. This simply seems like reasonable sense everyone can get behind.

If we don't agree here then we basically aresaying that people should simply not go to school to be a teacher or nurse, etc.. and those jobs are unnecessary (or we agree those professions should make a lot more money than they do).

No, but society needs students that can’t pay out of pocket going to college and particularly public service fields. That requires a loan program. We should all be behind a system that doesn’t slam them with 6.50% interest rates.
Bud, I don't understand how your debt was so high, my wife is in the same field you claimed to be in, as your previous posts in the past, (and it wasn't an RN) and we paid it as she went through it, never had a loan. She even had to do an extra semester because she was pregnant and the doctor put her on bed rest to keep from losing our child, she had all class work done, but you know what clinicals are, go to hospitals and such to work for free to get on the job training. Yep we paid another semester for her to do that, but never seen the cost that you talk about. I am not calling you out at all, I just don't see it, you got screwed. 🥺
Now I totally agree with you about the interest charged on student loans, it's total bullshit!!!! I would love to see dollar for dollar.

Bud, I don't understand how your debt was so high, my wife is in the same field you claimed to be in, as your previous posts in the past, (and it wasn't an RN) and we paid it as she went through it, never had a loan. She even had to do an extra semester because she was pregnant and the doctor put her on bed rest to keep from losing our child, she had all class work done, but you know what clinicals are, go to hospitals and such to work for free to get on the job training. Yep we paid another semester for her to do that, but never seen the cost that you talk about. I am not calling you out at all, I just don't see it, you got screwed. 🥺
Now I totally agree with you about the interest charged on student loans, it's total bullshit!!!! I would love to see dollar for dollar.

I never said I was a nurse. It’s just the easiest health care profession to reference because of the obvious shortage.

I have $60,000 in loans. I was in school for 6 years. Four for Diagnostic Medical Sonography and 2 for Health Care Systems Administration. I think my loan amount is pretty standard.

Yes. Do we agree that you knew what they were when you agreed to accept the loan? Or better yet, the federal government should have never been involved....

You agree that the interest is ridiculous but lose your shit over people who have paid that ridiculous interest getting it back.

Reactions: cdbearde
This is basically my stance. I have no issues with people paying back loans. I still owe about 10,000 on mine and will pay them because mine won't qualify for payoff since they were for grad school. But people who want certain degrees have to take out loans and some of those loans have high interest rates with an already high principal. The system should offer loans for college degrees (since we deem them necessary for certain jobs) that aren't ridiculously hard to pay back when one gets the job they went to school for. This simply seems like reasonable sense everyone can get behind.

If we don't agree here then we basically aresaying that people should simply not go to school to be a teacher or nurse, etc.. and those jobs are unnecessary (or we agree those professions should make a lot more money than they do).

Bingo.

This seems like such common sense. I can’t believe anyone can’t get behind this.

You agree that the interest is ridiculous but lose your shit over people who have paid that ridiculous interest getting it back.
I haven't lost my shit over any of this. You can't seem to be reasonable enough to see the other side. So, we can move on

I never said I was a nurse. It’s just the easiest health care profession to reference because of the obvious shortage.

I have $60,000 in loans. I was in school for 6 years. Four for Diagnostic Medical Sonography and 2 for Health Care Systems Administration. I think my loan amount is pretty standard.
Yes sir, I know you are not a RN per your posts from the past. 👍
You are in the same field as my wife is all I was saying.
Like I said the interest rate is ridicules, bottom line.

Yes, you’ve clearly shown the ability to see the other side on this yourself.

/s
I have agreed that the interest rates should be addressed. I have agreed that the tuition rates are higher than they should be. Literally the only thing that I am arguing is that tax payers shouldn't foot the bill for people who AGREED to pay said ridiculous interest rates and high tuitions. Tell me how I haven't seen the other side.

Reactions: Villian07
I have agreed that the interest rates should be addressed. I have agreed that the tuition rates are higher than they should be. Literally the only thing that I am arguing is that tax payers shouldn't foot the bill for people who AGREED to pay said ridiculous interest rates and high tuitions. Tell me how I haven't seen the other side.

Because at the end of the day your entire take is “too bad, so sad”

I cant quote but I still disagree. The greedy schools would be forced to make nursing school more affordable instead of lining their own pockets. Thats the root of the problem.

60k over 6 years is really not bad at all. But my daughters aunt is an RN and she did it theough community college. Going to a big on campus college is a luxury, not a requirement. Idk where u went to school, but unless it was a cheap community college i really have no apathy for ur financial woes regarding student loans.

Another option is scrape by AFTER you get employed and pay it back quicker to avoid excess interest(which u agreed to pay). Instead of upgrading houses, cars, starting a family, etc. obv i dont know ur personal experience so im not calling you out or anything about your spending, but some people simply would rather buy a new car/house than pay back their student loans.

Regardless no one is forced to get a loan. No one is forced to go to college at all. Thats a decision you made for your future, and you have to live with the consequences (until a dem gets in office and decides the rest of us should have to foot 10k worth) To me its just another democratic handout, except this one to people who went to college this should already have a better job than the avg person who didnt go to college and didnt rack up student debt. IE people who dont need it as bad as others.

I had friends getting 10-15k a semester for undergrad so they could stay in nice apartments, instead of dorms, while not having to work during school. Not to mention the many kids i know who got lons and parties and never even finished school. Those people should not be let off the hook by taxpayers imo. I understand that every persons experience is different, but if u agree to pay back a loan at a certain rate, bc thats gonna allow you to get a better job, or a job you’d rather have. Then you should have to pay back what you agreed to pay.

My sister graduated from med school at Louisville and i wanna say she racked up like 200k+ in school loans.

I will say hail, if i had not gotten a scholarship, and i had student debt, id be loving the shit out of this as well, so i dont blame ya there. but good luck justifying it, you will be on an island with brooky ITT

Reactions: GhostOf301
Because at the end of the day your entire take is “too bad, so sad”
It really is “too bad, so sad” that our elderly “president” is giving away money faster than they can print it and expects taxpayers to pay it all back.

But that onv goes way beyond the student loan thing.

How would you feel about this new policy if u had just completed paying back your loans? Its already been said, its just spit in the face of every one who already paid back their loans or every student who worked their way theough school or earned a scholarship, or had parents that saved for a college education bc they knew they didnt want their child taking out a student loan with the high interest rates, or chose not to go to college at all and started working at 18. The same people who will be paying off other peoples student loans as well. Thanks joe.

Hell why not 10k free off car loans if you bought an american made car? Do it Joe.

ot and idk anything about the warren lady, but shes spot on when she said congress members and family should be banned from buying stocks. I acrually feel like that will help, so it will probly never happen.

It really is “too bad, so sad” that our elderly “president” is giving away money faster than they can print it and expects taxpayers to pay it all back.

But that onv goes way beyond the student loan thing.

How would you feel about this new policy if u had just completed paying back your loans? Its already been said, its just spit in the face of every one who already paid back their loans or every student who worked their way theough school or earned a scholarship, or had parents that saved for a college education bc they knew they didnt want their child taking out a student loan with the high interest rates, or chose not to go to college at all and started working at 18. The same people who will be paying off other peoples student loans as well. Thanks joe.

Why are you so adamant that the government should be making money off off student loan borrowers?

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
The $10,000 doesn’t really help me.

***Trigger Warning***

because as part of the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF) after 10 years of on time payments working for a my Not For Profit hospital I get my entire balanced forgiven.

Breathe, people. It’s ok.

Reactions: UL_1986
Marjorie Taylor Greenes LLC forgiven 183,000$ yet she’s waiving her arms like a lunatic regarding these 10-20k forgiveness plans. Lol the irony. Crooks will crook.

ADVERTISEMENT