ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
Why don’t they tell us the relevance here? In the article they say that Florida has some of the highest deaths per capita in the nation. Well, as the 3rd most popular state with the oldest population they rank 25th in deaths per capita. Not really an honest report. In that article it states that close to 55% of eligible people have at least one shot. Not a lie, but misleading. According to the CDC, 57% of adults in Florida are fully vaccinated. Hospital Review says that number is 47%. Who knows who is right. But though they are towards the middle when it comes to states with higher percentages of vaccinated people, they are not significantly behind the top states. So again, not really an honest report.

It seems like they are picking on Florida, I don't know.... for political reasons.

Why don’t they tell us the relevance here? In the article they say that Florida has some of the highest deaths per capita in the nation. Well, as the 3rd most popular state with the oldest population they rank 25th in deaths per capita. Not really an honest report. In that article it states that close to 55% of eligible people have at least one shot. Not a lie, but misleading. According to the CDC, 57% of adults in Florida are fully vaccinated. Hospital Review says that number is 47%. Who knows who is right. But though they are towards the middle when it comes to states with higher percentages of vaccinated people, they are not significantly behind the top states. So again, not really an honest report.

It seems like they are picking on Florida, I don't know.... for political reasons.
Yeah the bold came to my mind when I read it.

And for sure the #'s don't match depending on the sources.

The media is hyping a surge, we'll see if they were wrong. I hope they are wrong.

I always take my shots.

I am 75 years, 1 month and 6 days old. Who on this board can beat that? I am still alive.

Also my undergrad was chemistry and a minor in biology. Who do you listen to so you may be properly instructed to take or not take the Covid 19 shot?

I trust my doctor because he is more educated in medicine and smarter than me. Let us hear from the folks without a science background that know better. Please tell us what we should do.

My daughter can't take the vaccine because she has "Guillain-Barre syndrome". She would love to have immunity to Covid-19, but it could endanger her life so based on her doctors advise she did not take the vaccine.

Outside of that or some similar risk; why would you not take the vaccine?

Was polio contagious? Was there any one thing that predominantly caused it, genetically or was it just completely random like ALS and other seemingly random diseases??
Polio was contagious. It was a virus. Nothing that I know was genetically a variant.

It was horrible. Google it and read.

It ruined my generation and then came Vietnam.

Polio was contagious. It was a virus. Nothing that I know was genetically a variant.

It was horrible. Google it and read.

It ruined my generation and then came Vietnam.

I listened to a podcast on it once and had no idea that was how the March of Dimes started. I want to say it was American Innovations, which covered the vaccines and how they were created.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don't understand why this seems to be a political subject. Trump pushed this Vaccine out and both parties are in favor of it. The Vaccine is safe and effective. The only reason is doesn't have FDA approval is due to the amount of time per regulations to achieve that status.

It would be criminal to not rush out a vaccine for a pandemic quickly simply because the system is set up not to rush medicines.

Reactions: duckboy33
FLA ranks 25th in full vax rate per below, but again, sources have different #'s... if 25th... that isn't so bad.

But, like Ghost pointed out, when taken into context, they probably should need more people vaccinated than they do.

Let's hope SEC country has a change of heart.

Does it offend you that I think Florida sucks? Also, not really out of the blue per the article about Florida being posted.
Lol. No. Your opinion of which states suck has no credibility with me. And yes, without context, your comment was out of the blue.

Lol. No. Your opinion of which states suck has no credibility with me. And yes, without context, your comment was out of the blue.
Quit being weird. I could give a **** about your credibility 😂 whatever that means. Context is unnecessary when there’s a literal article posted. Again, you sound butthurt for some reason. You and Florida get a room.

Quit being weird. I could give a **** about your credibility 😂 whatever that means. Context is unnecessary when there’s a literal article posted. Again, you sound butthurt for some reason. You and Florida get a room.
Florida > Illinois > California

Hey you SON OF A BITCH!!! You put Florida back!

NearShyCockatiel-max-1mb.gif

Why wouldn’t people get it?
Multiple side effects have started popping up all over the US. Heart disease, infertility (though mainly reported in women thus far), GBS, amongst others, and in some cases death.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Multiple side effects have started popping up all over the US. Heart disease, infertility (though mainly reported in women thus far), GBS, amongst others, and in some cases death.
Because Covid 19 has more side effects...

I’m still wondering why everyone didn’t demand an emergency vaccine for a very similar virus and pandemic in 1969. And why no one wore a mask or practiced social distancing and sat on top of each other at Woodstock. How in the world did the world survive?

How do you know what the longterm effects of the vaccines are?

I’m guessing you don’t, since no one does. It’s all a gamble. And you’re gambling on an experimental jab fast-tracked to market by the lowest-rated, most corrupt industry in the world who can’t be sued no matter what it does to you.

If you’re a gambler, great. But you really can’t see why a person may hesitate?

Again, not an anti-vaxer, but.....

Taking the vaccine you have a 100% chance of a very small chance of a side effect.

Not taking the vaccine you have a X% chance of getting covid(depends how precautious you are) and a small chance of dying.

"Science" seems to point towards folks who have had covid are better protected than those who just have the vaccine. I really wish we would count those who have had covid in as being protected. Pretty important context.

How do you know what the longterm effects of the vaccines are?

I’m guessing you don’t, since no one does. It’s all a gamble. And you’re gambling on an experimental jab fast-tracked to market by the lowest-rated, most corrupt industry in the world who can’t be sued no matter what it does to you.

If you’re a gambler, great. But you really can’t see why a person may hesitate?
If you chose not to get vaccinated you are gambling too. We have seen way more people die from Covid than the cure. So, it's the safest bet.

Taking the vaccine you have a 100% chance of a very small chance of a side effect.

Not taking the vaccine you have a X% chance of getting covid(depends how precautious you are) and a small chance of dying.
The odds are way worse without the Vaccine.

Reactions: I am stupid
If you chose not to get vaccinated you are gambling too. We have seen way more people die from Covid than the cure. So, it's the safest bet.
The advancement of technology and medicine has yet to enter this mans brain/train of thought. Don’t waste your time on this goober.

Why get a shot for something that is 99.9% survivable? Does anyone know of someone that has tested positive for the variant?

The odds are way worse without the Vaccine.
Hmmmmm. So why are people who have the shot and have tested positive are still getting the virus. Think John Rahm.
And from someone who has been in Heakthxare IT sales for 25 years, a variant is normally weaker than tge first one.

no shot here.

I think those that have died from the shot would disagree.

Hmmmmm. So why are people who have the shot and have tested positive are still getting the virus. Think John Rahm.
And from someone who has been in Heakthxare IT sales for 25 years, a variant is normally weaker than tge first one.

no shot here.
You're free to do what you want, but the odds are better by getting the vaccine. The numbers bear that out.

This is just a common sense thing, not a political one.

Reactions: UL_1986
Phil, you’re an idiot. /thread. By all means, don’t get the vaccine. No one cares, but you clearly don’t understand medical science.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
ADVERTISEMENT