ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
Do you know what % of colleges are making vaccine mandatory?

What are your thoughts on the impact of that? Big deal, slightly big deal, or no big deal?

Probably a lot of athletes anti vaccine haven't researched that.
Have no clue I just saw the Indiana deal. I don't see the problem. No different than elementary schools requiring vaccines for kids.

Probably the same athletes that don't research anything and then the left takes their opinion as gospel.
What I meant was I haven't researched how many athletes are anti vaccine, so not sure how many would not be allowed into college if colleges make a vaccine mandatory.

Not calling out or questioning the college athletes type of research on vaccines that they have actually conducted to decide if they want to vaccine or not vaccine. Wasn't accusing athletes of not researching to make their decisions.

Have no clue I just saw the Indiana deal. I don't see the problem. No different than elementary schools requiring vaccines for kids.
What I'm wondering is, what % of athletes will end up refusing the vaccine, and what would colleges do then? I guess not let them in, or force them into constant testing. Sounds like they are just not going to let them in, though I haven't looked at it closely.

Do you think there was anything political about the shutdowns or mask mandates?
I think our country is more polarized politically now than it has been in the last 100 years. There is no desire to work together and there is every desire to blame. I believe this is true on both the right and left.

So yeah, I think Covid and everything to do with it has been politicized.

I think our country is more polarized politically now than it has been in the last 100 years. There is no desire to work together and there is every desire to blame. I believe this is true on both the right and left.

So yeah, I think Covid and everything to do with it has been politicized.

Do you think any governments politicized masks and/or shutdowns?

What I'm wondering is, what % of athletes will end up refusing the vaccine, and what would colleges do then? I guess not let them in, or force them into constant testing. Sounds like they are just not going to let them in, though I haven't looked at it closely.
I imagine it'll be a small %. The % of those who aren't vaccinated due to their own beliefs/fears is small. The rest are made of the same lower class people that don't see a doctor and leaches on the system. I'd like to see government assistance require people to get their vaccine.

• Haha
Reactions: Anthony B
Disparities by level of education remained, with adults holding a bachelor’s degree or higher continuing to have the highest vaccination rate at 45.0%, and adults without a high school diploma having the lowest vaccination rates at 18.6%. Though adults with some college or an associate’s degree and adults with a high school degree or equivalent saw solid growth in their vaccination rates, almost no progress was made among adults without a high school diploma or equivalent. The gap between that group and the national average widened in the first half of March to 46 percent below the national average (18.6% vs. 34.2%) from 32 percent below the national average (17.2% vs. 25.5%) in the second half of February.

I don't see it deviating from the general population much. I'd expect the % to be better as athletic departments will and likely already have encouraged and pushed the vaccine. Just like the rate of graduation being higher among athletes, those vaccinated will too.

By the way those numbers are several months old but it still tells the tale.

It's not surprising that of the 10 states with the lowest vaccination rate 6 are in the bottom 10 of education, 9 in the bottom 20 with Wyoming the only outlier.

Reactions: UL_1986
It's not surprising that of the 10 states with the lowest vaccination rate 6 are in the bottom 10 of education, 9 in the bottom 20 with Wyoming the only outlier.
It's not surprising that most of the people who make condescending remarks like this know absolutely nothing about this vaccine.

Hey Joe Biden is giving a COVID speech right now. Show of hands, who is now changing their minds about the vaccine? Don't be shy ladies.

How many posters here vist TMB? Seems like more than I would have thought by quite a bit
It's good for a laugh. Not as fun as it used to be. The conservative take your ball and go home type was disappointing. Not surprising. A lot of the ones that are left are a bunch of try hards and the libs are hard to distinguish between being mentally ill or trolling the conservatives. A lot less fun non political OT threads than there used to be. And of course, they're all millionaires.

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT