ADVERTISEMENT

Fuck off to Calipari and Kentucky

Exactly. They didn't look at it match-up wise. Just went with what Cal said. AS they always do. They had beaten UT. AZ was terrible defensively, and won a terrible Pac 12. Cincy won a very top heavy AAC. UVA struggles with long, athletic, driving teams. Guess what UK is?

But it was easier to follow Cal instead of thinking for themselves.

I don't have a problem with anything but that. They were 31-2 their only two losses in rivalry games. And had the best season in ACC history. Statistically Virginia was the strongest favorite since 2015 UK.

Also Zona had the number 1 pick and he had looked unstoppable for the better part of the last two months. There only loss in the last two months was a road game with no head coach.

And yeah the PAC 12 did indeed turn out to be garbage. But that's a really hard thing to know for sure during the season. We've seen plenty of conferences get crapped on all year and then put a bunch of teams in the s16 or better(sec just last year).

UT had beaten us 2 of 3.

The only thing UK fans did wrong was we all underestimated Tony Bennett, Rick Barnes and Sean Millers propensity to suck in March. And we weren't alone. Zona was a trendy pick for the FF.

Cronin is kind of an unknown. This was his first rodeo as a heavy weight.

Yup. If it was they'd be playing best of 3's. All about what team gets hottest and gets enough breaks to make a run.

Pretty much this. People know very well than UK was the best team in 2015, they lost. People know very well that Virginia was the best team this year, they lost. People know that Ohio State was the best team in 2011, they lost. Shit happens, nature of the tournament.

It's the worst way to crown a champion in all of sports, but it's damn sure the most exciting way.

Duke and UNC get cake walk draws on day 1. UK's has turned into one because everyone in the region has choked. Big difference.
Oh, ok. If you say so. Man you guys are the best at denying being the same as any other fan base,. You really are. Makes you guys insufferable at times. "We don't do that". Yeah...Ok.

Like I said, you guys would be giving Duke, UNC fans shit if this were them. You know it. I know it. But hey....whatever makes you feel better.

Just quit with this BS, dude. UK fans bitch ever year about how easy of a path Duke gets. Or UNC. Or KU. Al the while bitching about how hard of a path UK gets.

Just quit with this shit. THis is the type of comment that makes BBN insufferable. You just can't ever own to shit. But, but, but....It wasn't me.
Laughing This is so much greatness.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Pretty much this. People know very well than UK was the best team in 2015, they lost. People know very well that Virginia was the best team this year, they lost. People know that Ohio State was the best team in 2011, they lost. Shit happens, nature of the tournament.

It's the worst way to crown a champion in all of sports, but it's damn sure the most exciting way.
I co-sign this. But not sure I'd go with UVA this year. I said it waaaaaaaaaaaaay back that I thought Villanova was the best team. Still do.

I agree

In the history of the NCAA Tournament, have a the 1-4 teams of a region ever won less games than UVA/AZ/TENN/CIN?

I have absolutely no idea. I do know that one of those teams won consistently in the top conference in CBB and it gave them the overall #1 spot, one of those teams has what will likely be the #1 pick in the draft, and another one of those teams beat us twice this year. I wasn't looking forward to it.

Now that hindsight is 20/20, I definitely love it, but absolutely no one could have predicted those chips to fall where they did, or that Cincy would blow the second largest lead in NCAA history.

UK - for now - got lucky as hell.

My face right now
s-4c68307211c98fbb96f2873e809798aaab353e89.gif

Yeah but you know how this goes, these teams genuinely shit the bed after an upset. Either way all the bitching and moaning a week ago seems pretty silly now lol.
Basically as silly as the bitching and moaning now.

It really is funny people respond to UK fans moaning with current moaning, and act as though it's different. It's still bitching and moaning.

I don't have a problem with anything but that. They were 31-2 their only two losses in rivalry games. And had the best season in ACC history. Statistically Virginia was the strongest favorite since 2015 UK.

Also Zona had the number 1 pick and he had looked unstoppable for the better part of the last two months. There only loss in the last two months was a road game with no head coach.

And yeah the PAC 12 did indeed turn out to be garbage. But that's a really hard thing to know for sure during the season. We've seen plenty of conferences get crapped on all year and then put a bunch of teams in the s16 or better(sec just last year).

UT had beaten us 2 of 3.

The only thing UK fans did wrong was we all underestimated Tony Bennett, Rick Barnes and Sean Millers propensity to suck in March. And we weren't alone. Zona was a trendy pick for the FF.

Cronin is kind of an unknown. This was his first rodeo as a heavy weight.
UVA struggled with long, athletic teams that could drive. One of their defensive weakness' was defending penetration. Kentucky would not have been a good match-up for them. But they were able to overcome that with their pace of play, and efficient offense. Of all the teams in that part of the bracket, I felt UK was a nightmare for them. Long athletic guards who can get to rim. I'm not saying UK would have beat them, but I do think they would've given them fits.

Pac 12 was plum awful. ASU started out on fire. But as I said they would------PLUNK. UCLA is who they are. Just not a strong conference at all. Baylor was down. SO was Oregon. That was quite evident early on.

I have absolutely no idea. I do know that one of those teams won consistently in the top conference in CBB and it gave them the overall #1 spot, one of those teams has what will likely be the #1 pick in the draft, and another one of those teams beat us twice this year. I wasn't looking forward to it.

Now that hindsight is 20/20, I definitely love it, but absolutely no one could have predicted those chips to fall where they did, or that Cincy would blow the second largest lead in NCAA history.

UK - for now - got lucky as hell.

Which is my point. There was no way to know that Kentucky's draw was as brutal as UK fans were insisting so whining so much about it is dumb.

@Steelers2012 ,

Have you noticed how many sh!t-stirring threads have been posted this weekend, most of which I have only appeared in occasionally (if at all)? This one, "The ACC is sh!tty", "the SEC is sh!tty", "Laugh at UVA" and "UK fans crying about draw".

I started none of them. This board is heated and brawling!

just like it should be during the NCAAT!

Which is my point. There was no way to know that Kentucky's draw was as brutal as UK fans were insisting so whining so much about it is dumb.

Gonna have to agree to disagree there. I thought it was complaint worthy then, but most UK fans complain about most everything, so it's not that much out of the ordinary.

Didn't you just recently start a thread about UK's path? o_O
Nope. Started a thread pertaining to if there has ever been a region where all four seeds didn't advance. Pretty relevant considering it just happened. I know you guys always feel like everything revolves around you. Or that your always being talked about. Some call that having a complex.

Nope. Started a thread pertaining to if there has ever been a region where all four seeds didn't advance. Pretty relevant considering it just happened. I know you guys always feel like everything revolves around you. Or that your always being talked about. Some call that having a complex.
You do realize this thread was started by an Iowa fan right? Hail started a trolling thread about UK just like it. For someone talking about others being hypocritical, you sure can’t get out of your own way. UK in everyone’s heads right now

Nothing wrong with having an opinion.
Agree. But that opinion happens to be a fact. I've never seen a fan base deny shit the way BBN does. It's comical. You call a fan base out for the exact thing you have done. Then deny it.

I guess Pitino rubbed off on you guys more than we thought.

You do realize this thread was started by an Iowa fan right? Hail started a trolling thread about UK just like it. For someone talking about others being hypocritical, you sure can’t get out of your own way. UK in everyone’s heads right now
Huh? I wasnt talking about this thread. I was answering a question in reference to me starting a thread pertaining to UK's draw.

Think you got lost on this one Jimbo.

Huh? I wasnt talking about this thread. I was answering a question in reference to me starting a thread pertaining to UK's draw.

Think you got lost on this one Jimbo.

You said this. Yet here we are in a thread started by a non UK fan on a page full of threads started by non UK fans. Is it having a complex if it’s true? Weird how many threads have popped up about our draw lately

You said this. Yet here we are in a thread started by a non UK fan on a page full of threads started by non UK fans. Is it having a complex if it’s true? Weird how many threads have popped up about our draw lately
You are still lost. I was answering a direct question TO ME. Not a general question.

And people are talking about UK 's path b/c it is historically easy. People would be talking about it if it were UNC, Duke, Nova, etc, etc....Your in a region where a 15 just beat a 1 seed. Not sure if your aware, but that's a pretty big deal. Your now in a region that is the FIRST region where all four seeds lost before the SW 16.

In other words Jimbo, your path has become historically one of the easiest of all time.

So of courser people are going to talk about it. It's not just about UK. Or b/c its UK. It's more because of how shocking it is to see a regional with the 5 seed being the highest seed left. Shocking b/c it has never happened before.

Like I said, its not always about UK.

Reactions: HRTheCard
ADVERTISEMENT