Everything okay in Lexington??

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Noahtogo24, Jan 20, 2020.

1. BasketBallJunkie-UK

BasketBallJunkie-UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Maxey says hi, So does Nick

2. Cat_Incognito

Cat_Incognito Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Burgers. Moving to the fry station soon hopefully. To dam cold for ice cream right now.

JimboBBN likes this.
  3. Ipartiedwithhopgood

Ipartiedwithhopgood Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I have hit season 2 and love it.

Random UK Fan likes this.
  4. Ipartiedwithhopgood

Ipartiedwithhopgood Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think Calipari likes a tight rotation so it's real hard to get a high end FR for any team to come in and give quality in short minutes off a bench, or maybe in a lesser role as a starter without having ball in their hands. It's real difficult to play through mistakes in short playing time and/or away from the ball. Guys are used to having the ball in their hands in HS, just a massive adjustment.

Maybe practice is the "try-out" to see who is going to get those heavy minutes/larger role. If a player doesn't "make that cut" they can stick around as some do or move on as others do. You see this at a lot of places, not just UK. It's just more amplified with top recruits but a lot of teams have transfers and players disappointed in their role.

5. Random UK Fan

Random UK Fan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The series finale is amazing. I was depressed for a week when the series wrapped. My job takes me all through the geography that the series is based in; Harlan, Pikeville, etc.

6. Villian07

Villian07 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

U don’t think Pitino could have won in 1998 with that team, practically his team. After he won one what a year or two earlier with many of the same players?

7. Villian07

Expand Collapse

Great comparison. Maxey dropped 26 in his first college game, so it only took cal what 6-8 weeks to “develop” him but it took him 2.5 years to develop richards? When they were both cream of the crop burger boys.

For the tenth time I’m not saying cal doesn’t develop players, I’m saying every single coach develops players, heck Bert’s high school coach developed players, so cal doesnt have a monopoly on it.

And Green and Whitney and EJ among others say hi. It’s not an exact science. Cal is very good at it, but he isn’t the only one.

8. Bert Higginbotha

Bert Higginbotha Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No, not even close.

Sure they were Pitino's recruits, but Pitino needs a lot of talent to win a title. His one title was with maybe one of the best teams in my life time.

Tubby cobbled together the left overs and won. In fact Sheppard had a high ankle sprain and missed a couple post season games and Tubby still won.

Kentucky was a 2 seed and Duke, Arizona, Kansas and UNC were 1 seeds, with Duke in Kentucky region. Kentucky came back from a 17 point deficit in the last quarter of the Duke game to win. Tubby's coaching regiment fit that team perfectly.

jamo0001 likes this.
  9. BasketBallJunkie-UK

BasketBallJunkie-UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That's fair

10. Villian07

Expand Collapse

Pitino’s one title lol, must be proud of urself for sneaking that in. In his second title he only had two players, gorgi dieng and Montrez Harrell (off the bench), play in the nba long enough to get a cup of coffee.

Cal is the coach ur thinking of that needs more talent than his oposition to win, and he even mucks it up more times than not. I’d say he’s 1 for 3 in winning the title with hands down the most talented team in the nation.

I’ll concede on the tubby stance though, I don’t even remember who y’all played in the tourney much less deficits overcome and all that.

90 Villian07, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  11. Kevin Bryan

Kevin Bryan Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Bert's high school coach was James Naismith.

jamo0001 and Bert Higginbotha like this.
  12. lurkeraspect84

lurkeraspect84 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Little known fact, Bert, Greg Oden and Perry Ellis played on the same HS team together.

13. Kevin Bryan

Kevin Bryan Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I knew Oden did, but I thought Ellis was a couple years ahead of Bert.