ADVERTISEMENT

Ever watch your team play...

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
and then realize you just don't care? I hope Arizona State puts this team out of its misery.

Ummm, oh yeah. Like the last 3-4 years under Crean. 2016-2017 for sure. THing is, I looked forwrd to every single IU game this year.

Reactions: Jaycg15
and then realize you just don't care? I hope Arizona State puts this team out of its misery.

Does your coach even run offensive sets? Seriously, this is one of the worst games I’ve ever watched. All you have to do is feed the post with your massive height advantage, but your moronic coach won’t do it

Reactions: brooky03
Does your coach even run offensive sets? Seriously, this is one of the worst games I’ve ever watched. All you have to do is feed the post with your massive height advantage, but your moronic coach won’t do it

The problem is we have zero post scoring ability. Literally zero. Boeheim runs a pro offense. With talented forwards, we're nasty. With a lack of talent on offense, like this team has, it gets ugly quick. It's just screens and iso. The screens don't work because the screener isn't a threat to roll, slip, or pop. The iso barely works because the guys in iso are big guards who lack ballhandling skills.

Howard, Battle, and Brissett can all play. Like you said, there just isn't any post offense at all. If you had something inside the team would be pretty formidable on offense.

Reactions: KisteK and brooky03
Howard, Battle, and Brissett can all play. Like you said, there just isn't any post offense at all. If you had something inside the team would be pretty formidable on offense.

The hope is that Sidibe (backup Center this year) will be much improved after the surgery for his tendonitis. We saw flashes of his ability for about 3 games this year. Given what we saw with Dajuan Coleman not having any knees, I'm not holding my breath, but that's our best bet at a legitimate post scorer next season. Chukwu will never be more than a shot blocker and alley-oop finisher, which could be fine. Craig Forth was more uncoordinated than a drunk toddler, but he was 7 feet tall and we were able to win a championship with him, so...

The difference maker next season will be Darius Bazley at SF. He's not a post-up guy, but Cuse will at least be able to play 4 on 5 on offense instead of 3 on 5. I'm hopeful (assuming Brissett stays, like he should).

I'm not looking forward to playing Jamie Dixon Friday. I have no idea what TCU is like, but games against Pitt with Dixon were just disgusting. An affront to basketball. If he plays us like he did before, there's no mystery how the game will go. TCU will do one of two things every single possession. They'll either get the ball in the paint with all 3 front court players about 3 feet from each other at the rim. They'll play hot potato until they either score or get fouled, or both. Or, they'll have the guards chuck up stupid 3's from NBA range and have 18 guys crash the boards. They'll either make the 3 or get the board and get 3 points the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, I'll be throwing up and Naismith will be turning in his grave. On D, they'll just foul and foul and foul, hoping the refs either forget what a foul is or get tired of blowing their whistle.

I love that the college basketball gods have set up Syracuse vs Jamie Dixon in the first round. Just like old times... as in two years ago :(

I love that the college basketball gods have set up Syracuse vs Jamie Dixon in the first round. Just like old times... as in two years ago :(

There's no way the basketball gods wanted this to happen. Maybe the boxing gods or rock fight gods or old Big East gods, but not the basketball gods. To call a Syracuse vs Pitt TCU game "basketball" is an epic mischaracterization.

edit: for everyone's sanity, I suggest that everybody skip watching this game on Friday. Nothing good could come from that.

To answer the op, yes all the time for every one of my teams. In fact I already have that feeling for the Orioles before the season even begins, but i’m still going to take my ass down to Camden Yards 20 to 30 times to watch some dumbass throw gopher balls to the Yankees and RedSox.

Iowa State and Syracuse should MERGE. I think the Syracuse State Orange-Cyclones could make the Sweet 16 this year with their combined roster!

Not in college, but I’m growing more and more apathetic to the Carolina Panthers. Not a fan of how the team is run from the top. Chud showed what Cam is capable of but we haven’t given him the weapons, protection, or proper play calling since he left. Norv is a minor upgrade over a horrible Shula. Panthers re-hired Hurney who sucked before.

Sorry for the digression.

Reactions: AWilli6995
The hope is that Sidibe (backup Center this year) will be much improved after the surgery for his tendonitis. We saw flashes of his ability for about 3 games this year. Given what we saw with Dajuan Coleman not having any knees, I'm not holding my breath, but that's our best bet at a legitimate post scorer next season. Chukwu will never be more than a shot blocker and alley-oop finisher, which could be fine. Craig Forth was more uncoordinated than a drunk toddler, but he was 7 feet tall and we were able to win a championship with him, so...

The difference maker next season will be Darius Bazley at SF. He's not a post-up guy, but Cuse will at least be able to play 4 on 5 on offense instead of 3 on 5. I'm hopeful (assuming Brissett stays, like he should).

I'm not looking forward to playing Jamie Dixon Friday. I have no idea what TCU is like, but games against Pitt with Dixon were just disgusting. An affront to basketball. If he plays us like he did before, there's no mystery how the game will go. TCU will do one of two things every single possession. They'll either get the ball in the paint with all 3 front court players about 3 feet from each other at the rim. They'll play hot potato until they either score or get fouled, or both. Or, they'll have the guards chuck up stupid 3's from NBA range and have 18 guys crash the boards. They'll either make the 3 or get the board and get 3 points the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, I'll be throwing up and Naismith will be turning in his grave. On D, they'll just foul and foul and foul, hoping the refs either forget what a foul is or get tired of blowing their whistle.

TCU's best player has been out for the season for the last 3 months.

@brooky03, I hope you are enjoying the Sweet 16

Just happy to be here
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: wesr
ADVERTISEMENT