ADVERTISEMENT

EURO Soccer

Italy is probably playing for that right now

IMO they have a huge advantage in penalties.
But even they have taken L’s with penalty kicks. You just never know. I don’t really think any team should be playing for penalties
Me neither i thibk they should give them unlimited subs an play until someone scores. Even if they have to start removing players from each team after so many mins.

PKs have too much luck involved.

We do divide the country and compete. Called college sports

Texas won the Director’s Cup as the biggest athletic program
Only failed in three sports
Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
Women’s Soccer

😂

Since I arrived back to the US from Okinawa. This was 1990.
Lived in Southern California and Houston.

Both have large international populations. Around people who grew up with the game.
One of the people in my neighborhood played professionally in Africa and England. Funny thing is a lot of Nigerians turn to American Football. His sons played football and not soccer

Even Hakeem back in the day. He came to Houston as a soccer player. When he was Akeem

Women’s Soccer

😂

Both have large international populations. Around people who grew up with the game.
One of the people in my neighborhood played professionally in Africa and England. Funny thing is a lot of Nigerians turn to American Football. His sons played football and not soccer

Even Hakeem back in the day. He came to Houston as a soccer player. When he was Akeem
My brother was in Okinawa same time. Marine? Nvm, you're so hard to talk to.

You know what his duty station was or his unit. I was in 1st MAW
I don't. He sent back a bunch of stuff from there, and sent some serious cool stuff. I'll ask and get back to you.

He was at Parris Island (got to visit for his graduation), Camp Lejeune, 29 Palms, Quantico (same building as Major Dad), and Okinawa.

There is skill with penalty kicks. But you need a GK. Get in the shooters head.
My thing is i feel like i could make 5/10 pks and i didnt even play high scholl soccer. I know damn well my best friend could, and he was just a all-region soccer player. Some skill involved of cpurse, but way more luck.

Actually had a college buddy who was a high school goalie (i know no compairison to world class pro goalies) call bullshit on me but he just quit after i toe balled the shit out of the first three into the back of the net.

Last edited:

Women’s Soccer

😂

Someones wrong bc theres a story amongst our older fans that the bag handler at the air port Hakeem flew into the first time he visited the US for his college visits was from the same country as Hakeem, and it was super cold which he had never experienced so he asked the bag handler which city Between louisville and houston had a climate closest to back home, and he of course said Houston, so Hakeem chose to visit houston first and committed.

He most def came to america to play basketball, not as a soccer prospect smh.

Someones wrong bc theres a story amongst our older fans that the bag handler at the air port Hakeem flew into the first time he visited the US for his college visits was from the same country as Hakeem, and it was super cold which he had never experienced so he asked the bag handler which city Between louisville and houston had a climate closest to back home, and he of course said Houston, so Hakeem chose to visit houston first and committed.

He most def came to america to play basketball, not as a soccer prospect smh.
Hakeem played soccer until he became too tall for the sport.
But he played the game much more growing up than basketball
Regarding the story. I am not sure. I didn’t know other teams were involved.
Nigeria is an OPEC country. Most people don’t realize that
As an oil producing country they are connected with Houston

Hakeem played soccer until he became too tall for the sport.
But he played the game much more growing up than basketball
Regarding the story. I am not sure. I didn’t know other teams were involved.
Nigeria is an OPEC country. Most people don’t realize that
As an oil producing country they are connected with Houston
Yes hakeem did play soccer growing up, and pkayed it much more than basketball growing up, as all kids in most every country not named america do, but you made it sound like he came to the us to play soccer, not basketball. Thats where I misunderstood

You are never 100% sure about penalties

Denmark went out last WC with them
England won theirs
Yep, just like swiss. Took out france on PKs made all 5 then next game went to PKs again and only made 1, whixh of course it was over before they got to take all 5 but still.

why i say its more luck than skill. Nerves of steel always help also, i left that out earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT