ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's Jay Williams shuts down Doug Gottlieb's hot take on Twitter

I do think Doug is arrogant, but also smart. That's why I'm surprise he didn't see someone throwing the ND transfer back in his face...

Reactions: KisteK
I'm not crazy about it. It's been over 20 years and Gottlieb has been forthright, contrite, and humble about it. He should be able to do his job -- stupid takes and all -- w/o professional colleagues taking a shot at him any time he dares to stick his neck out.

The pants on backward thing, tho...

Doug's take is stupid, but for a former colleague to go at him like that for something Doug has been quite open about is shitty as hell. Especially one with the skeletons in his closet that Jay has.

Doug's take is stupid, but for a former colleague to go at him like that for something Doug has been quite open about is shitty as hell. Especially one with the skeletons in his closet that Jay has.

If you read Jay's book, he has a part where he talks about breaking into TV and commentary, and it goes into detail about how much of a dick Gottlieb was to him when he was first starting out. I'd assume that opportunity to dunk on him was too hard to pass up.

It also spurred this out of context bit.

Gottlieb is a joke. If his dad was a factory worker and not a D1 coach, no one would have ever heard from his ass again after that ND saga. Everyone except for Doug seems to realize this.

They should just fight it out.
giphy.gif

I'm not crazy about it. It's been over 20 years and Gottlieb has been forthright, contrite, and humble about it. He should be able to do his job -- stupid takes and all -- w/o professional colleagues taking a shot at him any time he dares to stick his neck out.

The pants on backward thing, tho...
Agree. Plus, Gotlieb didn't "transfer".

His scholarship was still wasted when it could’ve been used by someone who didn’t break the rules and get kicked off the team.

I don’t believe the money should be paid back but kudos to williams for pointing out the hypocrisy.
I don't even think it's necessarily hypocritical. A guy is allowed to grow and change over the course of 20+ years. Mistakes we've made in our pasts don't disqualify us from weighing in on someone else's decisions later.

Reactions: Mac9192
His scholarship was still wasted when it could’ve been used by someone who didn’t break the rules and get kicked off the team.

I don’t believe the money should be paid back but kudos to williams for pointing out the hypocrisy.
Getting kicked off, and voluntarily leaving, are two totally different things.

I don't even think it's necessarily hypocritical. A guy is allowed to grow and change over the course of 20+ years. Mistakes we've made in our pasts don't disqualify us from weighing in on someone else's decisions later.

Well he hasn’t refunded the school that scholarship money.

Reactions: sgrooms
Yeah I knew he was dating or engaged to a female reporter but never heard of a sex tape
She's a dirty girl. All kinds of "leaked" vids that she apparently sent him. He's now married to some other chick and they have a 1-month-old. I learned all this within the past 4 minutes on my Google machine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT