ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Tenn

Jon Scheyer isn’t him, the future looks grim for Duke and I can’t envision them making it to final four in the next 5-10 years. Meanwhile UNC under Hubert Davis made it to the title game in his very first season, as an 8th seed.

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
Jon Scheyer isn’t him, the future looks grim for Duke and I can’t envision them making it to final four in the next 5-10 years. Meanwhile UNC under Hubert Davis made it to the title game in his very first season, as an 8th seed.
Lol

I don’t think Filipowski is “bothered” by it, but he can’t score through it yet, which is a big part of the difference.

Duke has 2 elite 5* bigs and have gotten wrecked inside by physicality. I'm not sure Lively has made a single play today. Puts way too much on your guards who aren't real good either tbh.

Reactions: speedfrk
ACC champs go out in 2nd round with a chance to play a 9 or 16 in the Sweet 16. Bracket opened up for them about as good as it could. Pretty big choke by Duke

Kentucky gonna join Purdue and lose to a 15 and 16 in back to back years imo

Duke has 2 elite 5* bigs and have gotten wrecked inside by physicality. I'm not sure Lively has made a single play today. Puts way too much on your guards who aren't real good either tbh.
Lively has been okay, I think. Going into this game 8 points was a big offensive game for him so it’s not backbreaking that he didn’t score. Flip didn’t play bad, but struggled with physicality all year. It’s definitely clear that Duke was a 6’ guard and 4 freshmen, just couldn’t hang.

Duke wasn't physical enough on defense and were astronomically outmanned on offense. Mitchell or no Mitchell, they were out classed. I feel like they salvaged their season by making it at least respectable at the end, but their issues that plagued them at the beginning of the year came back to end their season.

Reactions: WojoRising
Not sure Duke breaks 50 if they called that foul on Roach instead of Proctor

Reactions: RR30
Being humble and refreshing doesn’t translate into wins in March though.
It's his 1st season. He took a team that was a bubble team at best two months ago and won a conference championship, earned a 5 seed and won his first tournament game by a lot. Sure, it could be argued that Duke should have won this game, but they were the lower seed after all.

It's his 1st season. He took a team that was a bubble team at best two months ago and won a conference championship, earned a 5 seed and won his first tournament game by a lot. Sure, it could be argued that Duke should have won this game, but they were the lower seed after all.
Last year was Hubert Davis’ first season, and his team entered the tournament as 8th seed having to play top seeded Baylor in 2nd round, a much better opponent than this year’s 4th seed Tennessee, and they made it to the title game.

Don't think you could argue it if you watched it.

Reactions: UPSvol80
Last year was Hubert Davis’ first season, and his team entered the tournament as 8th seed having to play top seeded Baylor in 2nd round, a much better opponent than this year’s 4th seed Tennessee, and they made it to the title game.
Okay, how'd they do in his 2nd year?

Reactions: pisgah101
No shame in being a top 32 team in the country with the top recruiting class in the country.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ESPNs fifth 1 seed with the early exit.

Dukie V has those crocodile tears rolling down his face in Florida.

I was kinda thinking the same about y'all.

It's not really Tennessee, it's more about how they call the tournament.

These games are Fvcking rock fights and boring.
There are way too many fouls.

College basketball has been going this way for awhile.

The 2nd year went downhill but at least you can see the ceiling of Hubert Davis. I just can’t see the ceiling or Jon Scheyer, if you are satisfied with a round of 32 team that occasionally makes a trip to sweet 16, then he may be the right man for the job.
So you can see the ceiling of Hubert Davis by him taking the number 1 team in the country to start the season to a refusal to play in the NIT, but not in Scheyer by taking injured and unproven talent to a conference championship and a loss to a higher seed in the tournament while missing an important starter?

Okay. You should take care of all the hiring in CBB

So you can see the ceiling of Hubert Davis by him taking the number 1 team in the country to start the season to a refusal to play in the NIT, but not in Scheyer by taking injured and unproven talent to a conference championship and a loss to a higher seed in the tournament while missing an important starter?

Okay. You should take care of all the hiring in CBB
Well it can be argued that UNC was overhyped due to their March run last season, they were not that good actually. If you want to talk about preseason hype, Duke was preseason no.7 so anything less than an elite 8 trip would be a failure too.

Well it can be argued that UNC was overhyped due to their March run last season, they were not that good actually. If you want to talk about preseason hype, Duke was preseason no.7 so anything less than an elite 8 trip would be a failure too.
unc returned 4 of 5 starters. Duke started 4 freshmen. Do you really think you have a winning argument?

ADVERTISEMENT