ADVERTISEMENT

Duke at NC State

Duval made a three Duke wins

I would rather Bagley be 8-21 than his current 8-11 because at least it’d symbolize he’s getting consistent touches.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
This trying to win on the road in conference play is a bitch all around. This has been a damn good game.
Offensively it has been. As great as Duke's offense is their defense is worse. Add in the turnovers and it's upset city.

Offensively it has been. As great as Duke's offense is their defense is worse. Add in the turnovers and it's upset city.

Preaching to the choir about defense. KU's defense has been absolutely atrocious. I'm totally on your side with the crappy defense talk.

Reactions: WojoRising
Yurts7 should have fouled out. Instead NC State gets the ball and 2 free throws.

Duke's offense should be give it to Bagley. Not a huge fan of Duke's but that dude is fun to watch.

I wish I had the will power to do it. But I want to be able to not watch anymore road games except for at unc. We seem to be able to win there from time to time.

Duke’s defense right now is putrid. That’s probably the hardest thing to teach when getting a lot of roster turnover

They just don't have the intensity that Duke usually has on D. I'm curious to see if K can fix it completely.
Usually like when? I have never known them to really care too much about playing defense. Usually it's just a sprint to 100. I don't think it's a secret that K isn't a mastermind defensive coach and he is realizing it's really, really hard when you start 4 frosh.

Reactions: willrocks4
K is just plain stubborn, playing basically 5 guys the entire game. Can't believe O'Connell only played 1 minute, kid plays with energy.

Usually like when? I have never known them to really care too much about playing defense. Usually it's just a sprint to 100. I don't think it's a secret that K isn't a mastermind defensive coach and he is realizing it's really, really hard when you start 4 frosh.

Like when they have a Final 4 team.

They just don't have the intensity that Duke usually has on D. I'm curious to see if K can fix it completely.
Your problem is you think Duke usually plays with intensity on defense. It's been a few years since that has happened. That 2015 championship may well be the last one of the OAD era for any team. Good luck getting kids to play defense when they are only there to show off their ability to score for one year.

Your problem is you think Duke usually plays with intensity on defense. It's been a few years since that has happened. That 2015 championship may well be the last one of the OAD era for any team. Good luck getting kids to play defense when they are only there to show off their ability to score for one year.

Maybe just recruit fewer OADs?

See, I feel like that's weird, because Duke d has always been such a staple of Duke teams. It's only since the team started leaning on younger guys that that has disappeared. But Duke has had some monsterous defensive teams over Ks tenure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT