ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t be mistaken - KU needs this natty more than anyone

There were some solid message board battles between Illinois and KU fans at that time. Especially when Self lost to Bucknell and Weber went to the title game.
That Illinois team self built may be his best team of all time

His boss said he could say if he changed everything he was doing. That’s basically telling you to walk or be fired. Stop it

You are too ignorant to comment on this. Not that it has stopped you before, but you really are too ignorant to comment on this. As in, you don't know what you are talking about.

Tubby was not going to get fired, and yes - Tubby willingly went to Minnesota - he even secretly met with them prior to it being made public. Tubby Smith was not fired from UK - nor was he going to be fired by UK. He left willingly and on his own.

But by all means, keep running your mouth off about it. You are great at blabbering on about things you know absolutely nothing about. It makes us all laugh at you, like when you told us Auburn was the best team in the nation. LMAO.

Back to OP -

There is no doubt whatsoever Kansas needs this title way more than anyone else. Kansas is too far behind the other Blue Bloods in titles...it's time to close that gap.

Best time to do it is this year as well - you don't have the Kentucky team that curb stomped you on your home court to worry about either :)

An Illinois fan that likes KU?
I happen to believe Self that KU is the ONLY job he’d have left Illinois for (he’s repeatedly said Illinois is one of the best jobs in the nation since), and our AD at the time was such a small, petulant man that he was too offended to even OFFER HIM A RAISE, lol. Can’t really blame Self too much.

You are too ignorant to comment on this. Not that it has stopped you before, but you really are too ignorant to comment on this. As in, you don't know what you are talking about.

Tubby was not going to get fired, and yes - Tubby willingly went to Minnesota - he even secretly met with them prior to it being made public. Tubby Smith was not fired from UK - nor was he going to be fired by UK. He left willingly and on his own.

But by all means, keep running your mouth off about it. You are great at blabbering on about things you know absolutely nothing about. It makes us all laugh at you, like when you told us Auburn was the best team in the nation. LMAO.
Tubby smith did not have the option to stay and run the program as he saw fit. This is a other reason why I laugh at Kentucky fans. So delusional

I'm rooting for the team that has a 0% chance to win, Villanova. Everyone loves an underdog.
If Wright's the second coming, like everyone claims, they have a chance. Still plenty of talent there. Just can't afford to have any of their top guys foul out.

If Wright's the second coming, like everyone claims, they have a chance. Still plenty of talent there. Just can't afford to have any of their top guys foul out.
Nah, they were spread too thin even with Moore. Now that he's out they only go 5 deep. Gonna have everyone playing nearly 40 minutes and suddenly need to find 15 points elsewhere.

512-A7-B2-D-9250-4-D93-A221-E2554-B70-C4-FD.jpg

Nova - just won two in 16-18
Unc - has won 3 after Roy Boy ditched us for UNC
Duke - has 5 under K and 2-3 this century
KU - our measly 1 in 2008, first since 1988

Watching the ACC and Big east hang banners left and right all century so far.

then seeing your own brethren Tech (19) and Baylor (21) play in the natties while you’re at home.

getting robbed with your best team since 2008 due to covid 2020.

Now we’re the most winning program of all time after last game. All the accolades in the world.

I don’t know how much more painful it can get. It’s FING TIME!!!

rock f’ing chalk!!!!!!
You don't need one more than Iowa, so you can wait your f***ing turn, sir......

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
On a somewhat related note, I plan on creating an “all-time NCAA Tournament” once I have the time in the next month. Effectively, start with the first NCAAT in the 1980s with the modern seeding system and give each team points for every year they make it - 16 points for a #1 seed, 1 point for a #16 seed, 0 points for not making the field, etc. - and then use personal judgement for placing mid-majors in the high seed slots (maybe look at the teams who have showed up as a #15 or #16 seed the most often, for example).

It would effectively measure regular season success only over the last 40 years. I imagine KU is a shoe-in for a #1 seed.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Massive win for the program. We needed that. All KU fans and Bill Self know we should have more titles. This title validates a lot of what Bill Self has done as far as a public perception. Kansas fans know how good Self has been.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT