Don’t be mistaken - KU needs this natty more than anyone

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
Nova - just won two in 16-18
Unc - has won 3 after Roy Boy ditched us for UNC
Duke - has 5 under K and 2-3 this century
KU - our measly 1 in 2008, first since 1988

Watching the ACC and Big east hang banners left and right all century so far.

then seeing your own brethren Tech (19) and Baylor (21) play in the natties while you’re at home.

getting robbed with your best team since 2008 due to covid 2020.

Now we’re the most winning program of all time after last game. All the accolades in the world.

I don’t know how much more painful it can get. It’s FING TIME!!!

rock f’ing chalk!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP makes some good points. I have always liked Kansas. Maybe it is because of Roy or the UNC connections or a good friend who travels there to watch games quite a bit but I don't mind them winning.

100% I can still appreciate the games though, and what their fans are going through.

How about you?
Auburn has been to one final 4 man. It’s a final 4 of blue bloods and your fanbase who claims to be the king of the blue blood is not there. It’s a plus for auburn to get there. It’s an expectation for Kentucky or at least it used to be until cal started more concerned with draft night

Reactions: RockChalk82
Auburn has been to one final 4 man. It’s a final 4 of blue bloods and your fanbase who claims to be the king of the blue blood is not there. It’s a plus for auburn to get there. It’s an expectation for Kentucky or at least it used to be until cal started more concerned with draft night
2 out of 10.

Yeah we're not there this year. Sucks but it is what it is. Fortunately, I've been able to watch our team win 3 titles (too young to remember '78), many championship games and a few Final Fours. No need to troll ITT. They've earned it and I'm looking forward to it.

Nothing wrong with being happy for them. I guess act like you've been there before is lost on some.

2 out of 10.

Yeah we're not there this year. Sucks but it is what it is. Fortunately, I've been able to watch our team win 3 titles (too young to remember '78), many championship games and a few Final Fours. No need to troll ITT. They've earned it and I'm looking forward to it.

Nothing wrong with being happy for them.
I wasn’t really trolling at all. Just wondering when you will stop defending calipari. You have been one of the worst when it comes to defending him. 7 years now without a final 4. That right on tubby smith pace when he got ran

I wasn’t really trolling at all. Just wondering when you will stop defending calipari. You have been one of the worst when it comes to defending him. 7 years now without a final 4. That right on tubby smith pace when he got ran
Did you read the OT?

You reek of desperation. Stick to the subject.

I’ll definitely be rooting for KU, my favorite Blue Blood. ‘Nova is becoming like Clemson Football (I’ve had enough), I have a hard time rooting for UNC since beating us in 2005 and I think Coach K has gotten a lot less likable for non-Duke fans in the last several years.

If Tubby consistently brought in #1 or #2 classes, he probably wouldn't have left. Quit being a moron.

Bruce got rolled by a 10 seed in the 2nd round and had a losing record the year before. Hot seat?

I’ll definitely be rooting for KU, my favorite Blue Blood. ‘Nova is becoming like Clemson Football (I’ve had enough), I have a hard time rooting for UNC since beating us in 2005 and I think Coach K has gotten a lot less likable for non-Duke fans in the last several years.
An Illinois fan that likes KU?

If Tubby consistently brought in #1 or #2 classes, he probably wouldn't have left. Quit being a moron.

Bruce got rolled by a 10 seed in the 2nd round and had a losing record the year before. Hot seat?
Winning on signing day is all Kentucky fans should expect now? Auburn won the SEC this season. Bill self has made a hall of fame career off regular season success. I also didn’t realize UK fans expectations had now dropped to auburns level. Good to know though thanks

Winning on signing day is all Kentucky fans should expect now? Auburn won the SEC this season. Bill self has made a hall of fame career off regular season success. I also didn’t realize UK fans expectations had now dropped to auburns level. Good to know though thanks

I'm pretty sure that every program in the nation has gone six tourneys without a final four at some point. Not really a fireable offense. Plus, do you understand that the buyout is $52 million?

You had ridiculously high expectations last season and losing a few players isn't the difference between greatness and a losing record. This year you were willing to fight anyone who said that Auburn wasn't dominant or worthy of a #1 ranking. Then you got blasted by an average team in the 2nd round. Are you going to pretend that he's met expectations the last few years?

I'm pretty sure that every program in the nation has gone six tourneys without a final four at some point. Not really a fireable offense. Plus, do you understand that the buyout is $52 million?

You had ridiculously high expectations last season and losing a few players isn't the difference between greatness and a losing record. This year you were willing to fight anyone who said that Auburn wasn't dominant or worthy of a #1 ranking. Then you got blasted by an average team in the 2nd round. Are you going to pretend that he's met expectations the last few years?
The last 6 years have been the best 6 year body of work in auburn basketball history. How hasn’t Bruce meet expectations for Auburn? Another dumb comment by you.

Last edited:
The last 6 years have been the best 6 year body of work in auburn basketball history. How didn’t Bruce meet expectations for Auburn? Another dumb comment by you

I was talking about the last few years.

Before last season, you predicted preseason #1 (LOL). This season, you wanted to bet KU, UNC fans and anybody else that Auburn would reach a final four sooner. And you expected Auburn to win it all. Seems like your expectations are a little higher than "better than Auburn's past." There are a thousand coaches who could do better than Auburn's past.

But good to know that you don't expect much from "BDB" even when he has great talent.

More like lifetime contract.
Laughable you guys gave him a lifetime contract. Cal thinks he is bigger then Kentucky.
Which isn't say much at all. It's not like he had a high bar to overcome.
didn’t say it was it was a high bar. The poster I replied to was trying today Bruce hadn’t met expectations though which was a dumb comment by him. The last 6 years auburn has exceeded expectations. Kentucky has not met them unless our fanbases have the same expectations now. No?

Laughable you guys gave him a lifetime contract. Cal thinks he is bigger then Kentucky.

didn’t say it was it was a high bar. The poster I replied to was trying today Bruce hadn’t met expectations though which was a dumb comment by him. The last 6 years auburn has exceeded expectations. Kentucky has not met them unless our fanbases have the same expectations now. No?
Kentucky hasn't met expectations since 2012. Winning the natty is always the expectation. Duh. Anything less is a beta mentality.

Kentucky hasn't met expectations since 2012. Winning the natty is always the expectation. Duh. Anything less is a beta mentality.
So back to my original question. How long is UK going to allow for him not to meet them? It’s a decade now per you that he hasn’t met them. I would say since 2015 is probably a more reasonable take that he hasn’t met them though

So back to my original question. How long is UK going to allow for him not to meet them? It’s a decade now per you that he hasn’t met them. I would say since 2015 is probably a more reasonable take that he hasn’t met them though
The question is who would replace him and would they have a more realistic chance to win national championships? You don't just go firing someone (with a $46 million buyout) all willy nilly without a succession plan in place. That's just dumb as shit.

If you have a supposedly great coach and good talent, expectations should be high, right?

The question is who would replace him and would they have a more realistic chance to win national championships? You don't just go firing someone (with a $46 million buyout) all willy nilly without a succession plan in place. That's just dumb as shit.
Was that logic not used when it came to tubby? I mean you fired him to to hire a guy that really only had 1 good season. Cal gets a pass though for stuff you fired tubby over. My family is good friends with tubby’s family. I just don’t get why cal gets a pass while tubby did not.

Was that logic not used when it came to tubby? I mean you fired him to to hire a guy that really only had 1 good season. Cal gets a pass though for stuff you fired tubby over. My family is good friends with tubby’s family. I just don’t get why cal gets a pass while tubby did not.
Tubby wasn't fired. But go on. Tell us more about UK.

Again, Tubby Smith was not fired. But, since he left UK, has actually been fired by 2 programs (Minnesota and Memphis) and has proven to be an average coach, at best, that hates to recruit. He rode Pitino's players to a national championship and hasn't done shit since. Dude has a 63% career winning percentage.

Again, Tubby Smith was not fired. But, since he left UK, has actually been fired by 2 programs (Minnesota and Memphis) and has proven to be an average coach, at best, that hates to recruit. He rode Pitino's players to a national championship and hasn't done shit since. Dude has a 63% career winning percentage.
Tubby did not have the option to return and is a vastly better game day coach than calipari.

Nova - just won two in 16-18
Unc - has won 3 after Roy Boy ditched us for UNC
Duke - has 5 under K and 2-3 this century
KU - our measly 1 in 2008, first since 1988

Watching the ACC and Big east hang banners left and right all century so far.

then seeing your own brethren Tech (19) and Baylor (21) play in the natties while you’re at home.

getting robbed with your best team since 2008 due to covid 2020.

Now we’re the most winning program of all time after last game. All the accolades in the world.

I don’t know how much more painful it can get. It’s FING TIME!!!

rock f’ing chalk!!!!!!
Another title would go a long ways for KU and Self. I've always liked KU because of what they've gave to the game of basketball. Thanks for Rupp.

KU gets that elusive 4th title and Self becomes a multiple championship coach. Something very few coaches have done.

No hate for Self leaving?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Tubby did not have the option to return and is a vastly better game day coach than calipari.
You keep saying this like you know what you're talking about, when the fact is that the UK athletic director was on record saying "Tubby's our basketball coach," right before Tubby left for Minnesota, which means he wasn't going to be fired. Tubby refused to make changes in his coaching staff, which is what the AD wanted, and was obviously tired of the scrutiny from fans for underperforming which is why he decided to leave and said as much during his exit. "You always want to be wanted," Smith told the Lexington (Ky.) Herald-Leader in a story posted on its Web site Thursday night. "You know they (Minnesota) have a need."

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's probably like most of us to where, when they leave they're still part of the family and wish them well unless it's against home team.
I'm not sure Self was there long enough for him to be loved regardless. I think Illini fans were pretty upset at the time, in fact I know they were cause I live in the heart of Illini country, and most still don't like him.

I'm not sure Self was there long enough for him to be loved regardless. I think Illini fans were pretty upset at the time, in fact I know they were cause I live in the heart of Illini country, and most still don't like him.
There were some solid message board battles between Illinois and KU fans at that time. Especially when Self lost to Bucknell and Weber went to the title game.

You keep saying this like you know what you're talking about, when the fact is that the UK athletic director was on record saying "Tubby's our basketball coach," right before Tubby left for Minnesota, which means he wasn't going to be fired. Tubby refused to make changes in his coaching staff, which is what the AD wanted, and was obviously tired of the scrutiny from fans for underperforming which is why he decided to leave and said as much during his exit. "You always want to be wanted," Smith told the Lexington (Ky.) Herald-Leader in a story posted on its Web site Thursday night. "You know they (Minnesota) have a need."
Whatever you need to tell yourself is fine. He left because he was going to let go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT