ADVERTISEMENT

Does Kansas hang a banner?

Kansas was not unanimous #1 in final AP poll. Mythical banner goes up in smoke. SmokinSmile
2 voters who previously voted for Kansas switched their minds in the final week just so that it wouldn’t be unanimous. Couple of dorks, IYAM. Good thing them voting other teams #1 won’t be the deciding reason why the NCAA chooses to or not to award KU the title.

2 voters who previously voted for Kansas switched their minds in the final week just so that it wouldn’t be unanimous. Couple of dorks, IYAM. Good thing them voting other teams #1 won’t be the deciding reason why the NCAA chooses to or not to award KU the title.
I feel for you Schooner. Your only titles are those of the mind! Laughing

They let you guys off easy in the 1950’s.

I hope Kansas gets that same treatment in 2020 or 2021 when they announce their decision.
I once met this dude from Kansas.

I was introduced to this guy named Rupp by a man named Job B. Hall.

Mr. Rupp told me a different story. You know boys from Kansas don't lie. They shoot you a straight stick.

They were paid off by Mark Emmert, IMO.

They let you guys off easy in the 1950’s.

I hope Kansas gets that same treatment in 2020 or 2021 when they announce their decision.
In case you are unfamiliar with how point shaving works, it's not advantageous to the team doing the shaving. Also, UK didn't play for a season because of it.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
In case you are unfamiliar with how point shaving works, it's not advantageous to the team doing the shaving. Also, UK didn't play for a season because of it.

There was a little more than point shaving going on there. But I know you guys look for opportunities to brag about it. SmokinSmile

There was a little more than point shaving going on there. But I know you guys look for opportunities to brag about it. SmokinSmile

giphy.gif

Not one bit irritated, sorry. I just made a point that any rational fan, regardless of which school they are a fan of, would not want the stigma attached to such a thing.
The only people that say that are fans of schools who weren’t in contention.

That’s dumb. 99% of us would accept it.
Agree to disagree.

I spoke with, admittedly, a few fellow Cat fans. (10-12 that I know). Every one of them agreed with me in saying no, if our team doesn't win it on the court, it doesn't count. But hey, it is what it is with whatever team you happen to root for I suppose.

Agree to disagree.

I spoke with, admittedly, a few fellow Cat fans. (10-12 that I know). Every one of them agreed with me in saying no, if our team doesn't win it on the court, it doesn't count. But hey, it is what it is with whatever team you happen to root for I suppose.
I hope I’m not implying that it would be as valuable as one where they won the tournament. I don’t think it would be. I just think nearly every fan in America would accept it if their team was awarded the title. The ones who didn’t would be the weird ones since they’d be making it a bigger deal than it really was.

I hope I’m not implying that it would be as valuable as one where they won the tournament. I don’t think it would be. I just think nearly every fan in America would accept it if their team was awarded the title. The ones who didn’t would be the weird ones since they’d be making it a bigger deal than it really was.
Kansas is not going to be awarded a title that they did not win.

Geeze folks.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
they can always make championship rings like UCF did for themselves a couple seasons ago.

sorry but at of this season there was no NCAAT Champion so Kansas can't claim the title. there is/was no proof that they would have won it let alone reached the FF.

I didn’t say anything about a banner. 2015 UK had their chance and failed. That’s what they’re remembered for.

The moral of the story - the best team rarely wins but don't let that stop you from hanging another helms banner.

I said they will be remembered as the best team.

Do you think someone else will be?
Sort of.....You did split with Baylor. Those dudes are good..FSU and Gonzaga as well. Dayton won't get any love b/c its says, "Dayton" across their chest. I think KU will get the nod, so to speak----They were huge favorites. Its a shame, really. This year was gonna be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT