ADVERTISEMENT

Does Kansas hang a banner?

No, I disagree. No rational person would want their team to be "recognized" as the champ if they didn't win it on the court. As I read from another site/poster, this isn't 1970's college football; you have to actually play your way through 6 rounds to be crowned the best.

I do think KU COULD have made the FF, but we'll never know. Upsets happen every year, that's a given. Hell, Dayton could have very well won the whole thing this year.

In any event, I personally don't know a single Kentucky fan who would want such recognition were it to happen; any team's school who does so will be laughed at, IMHO.

Easy to make this claim in hindsight isn’t it?

If the 2015 tourney got corona’d, 90% of the Kentucky fanbase would be screaming for some kind of recognition for the “greatest team ever.” To claim they wouldn’t is funny.

Reactions: speedfrk
Easy to make this claim in hindsight isn’t it?

If the 2015 tourney got corona’d, 90% of the Kentucky fanbase would be screaming for some kind of recognition for the “greatest team ever.” To claim they wouldn’t is funny.
No we claim our title on the floor, not a vote.

Kentucky has Helms titles but ignores them.

UVA was #1 overall seed in 2018 despite losing Hunter right before the tourney. If tourney hadn’t been played, UVA is crowned national champ and UMBC never happens. You never know what can happen in the tourney.

Kansas doesn’t deserve shit just because they are #1 overall seed. Maybe the cancellation of the tourney prevented them from losing to a 16 seed. Maybe it prevented them from winning a national championship. Who ****ing knows?
Maybe it's better to NOT know for sure.

No we claim our title on the floor, not a vote.

Kentucky has Helms titles but ignores them.

True. The almighty would never lower themselves to that level. While you're at it, maybe you should place asterisks next to those titles from the era in which the NIT was more prestigious.

If they declared today that they were going to hold a short tourney with a small group of teams, including KU but not most of the top 10 (with a separate tourney that invites Kentucky, Gonzaga, Baylor, Dayton, Florida St, etc), none of you would recognize them as legit national champs if they won.

Yet you boast every day about your 40s titles.

True. The almighty would never lower themselves to that level. While you're at it, maybe you should place asterisks next to those titles from the era in which the NIT was more prestigious.

If they declared today that they were going to hold a short tourney with a small group of teams, including KU but not most of the top 10 (with a separate tourney that invites Kentucky, Gonzaga, Baylor, Dayton, Florida St, etc), none of you would recognize them as legit national champs if they won.

Yet you boast every day about your 40s titles.
Why hypotheticals? There will be no legit national champs this year. Sorry Virginia is still the reigning champs.

Kentucky brags about the NIT titles also. UK even played in both tourneys one year.

UK has titles, real titles. We claim 8 NCAA titles. I have all but two on video, I can prove 6 of them. Kentucky played under the same standards as Kansas did. UK won five more NCAA titles than Kansas. That hurts your heart, but tough shit.

Why hypotheticals? There will be no legit national champs this year. Sorry Virginia is still the reigning champs.

Kentucky brags about the NIT titles also. UK even played in both tourneys one year.

UK has titles, real titles. We claim 8 NCAA titles. I have all but two on video, I can prove 6 of them. Kentucky played under the same standards as Kansas did. UK won five more NCAA titles than Kansas. That hurts your heart, but tough shit.

If you want to laugh at Helms (which is fine), then, to a lesser extent, we’ve got the right to laugh at a few of your titles. Either you earn it vs the best of the best or you don’t. Those titles truthfully aren’t much better than naming a champion based on the regular season. They just played a few more games vs a random selection of teams which didn’t include most of the top teams in the country.

If you want to laugh at Helms (which is fine), then, to a lesser extent, we’ve got the right to laugh at a few of your titles. Either you earn it vs the best of the best or you don’t. Those titles truthfully aren’t much better than naming a champion based on the regular season. They just played a few more games vs a random selection of teams which didn’t include most of the top teams in the country.
They played the best of the best. You can't complain if Kansas was a bad team playing in a shit league!

I suppose that you want to start counting titles after 1952 when Kansas won their first. Well if we did UK would still be ahead of Kansas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
They played the best of the best. You can't complain if Kansas was a bad team playing in a shit league!

I suppose that you want to start counting titles after 1952 when Kansas won their first. Well if we did UK would still be ahead of Kansas.

Kentucky has always played in a shit league, which was a huge advantage in those days. And no, they didn’t play the best of the best in those days. That’s the whole point.

Kentucky has always played in a shit league, which was a huge advantage in those days. And no, they didn’t play the best of the best in those days. That’s the whole point.
Bullshiette.

God bless man, the SW or Big whatever never had a team worth a crap. Geeze.

If UK played no one how did they build up such a record against the great Kansas team? 23-9.

Bullshiette.

God bless man, the SW or Big whatever never had a team worth a crap. Geeze.

If UK played no one how did they build up such a record against the great Kansas team? 23-9.

Not sure what that has to do anything, but they have that advantage because they played every year during the Ted Owens era. KU leads over the last 30+ years.

Best team isn't always the champ. If we hung banners for best team in the regular season, according to Kentucky fans, we would have 30 plus titles.
problem is kentucky fans think they are the best team in the country regardless of what their ranking is before the tourney.

problem is kentucky fans think they are the best team in the country regardless of what their ranking is before the tourney.
tenor.gif

No, I disagree. No rational person would want their team to be "recognized" as the champ if they didn't win it on the court. As I read from another site/poster, this isn't 1970's college football; you have to actually play your way through 6 rounds to be crowned the best.

I do think KU COULD have made the FF, but we'll never know. Upsets happen every year, that's a given. Hell, Dayton could have very well won the whole thing this year.

In any event, I personally don't know a single Kentucky fan who would want such recognition were it to happen; any team's school who does so will be laughed at, IMHO.
You do it precisely to irritate people like you.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Last edited:
I actually like KU, but once a year I will randomly pick a team to talk shit to and it was KU this year.

I just dont have the heart now. This is the worst thing ever.

I would kill to see KU or anyone hang a banner this season.

Plus no team ever went 38-0 before. Kansas best shot in sweeping the Big 12 Tourney and NCAA would have been dealing with 3 losses. That is the big difference.
Bert you are to intelligent not to understand. I am not comparing this years Kansas, to 2015 UK. What I am comparing is how both were seen as HUGE fav 's. So, lets say this occurred in March of 2015. You don't think UK fans would be preaching the same thing Kansas fans, or at least some KU fans, are? I do. MOF, I think any fan of ANY team, who had a team that would've entered the tourney as huge fav's, would do so.

Bert you are to intelligent not to understand. I am not comparing this years Kansas, to 2015 UK. What I am comparing is how both were seen as HUGE fav 's. So, lets say this occurred in March of 2015. You don't think UK fans would be preaching the same thing Kansas fans, or at least some KU fans, are? I do. MOF, I think any fan of ANY team, who had a team that would've entered the tourney as huge fav's, would do so.
Borden, I don't see Kansas as that huge favorite that you see. Sorry. Ask Duke, Baylor and Nova. The last two years Virginia was seen as the favorite, but they only won six games and lost one.

Of course Kansas would have been the number 1, one seed; however, I think that many teams would challenge them.

I think some teams would match up well with KU.

Auburn
Kentucky

Oregon

PSU
IL
Maryland has the talent, but Turge would screw it up

FSU
Louisville

To me, that is it. Not saying these teams beat them, just that the match up well.

Borden, I don't see Kansas as that huge favorite that you see. Sorry. Ask Duke, Baylor and Nova. The last two years Virginia was seen as the favorite, but they only won six games and lost one.

Of course Kansas would have been the number 1, one seed; however, I think that many teams would challenge them.
Kansas was @ +500, to win. Next closest----GU at +900.

Kansas was a HUGE fav.

Don't shoot the messenger,my friend. I'm just passing on what Vegas thought. :D
Borden, I was not shooting at any one, messenger or not.

I just don't believe that Kansas was a slam dunk on the title. In fact I don't think that they were a slam dunk on making the final four.

You can argue until the cows come home and you will not change my mind.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

I just don't believe that Kansas was a slam dunk on the title. In fact I don't think that they were a slam dunk on making the final four.

Hardly anyone is ever a slam dunk. Shit, UK in 2015 was a made 3-pointer away from losing n the Elite 8.....UNLV's monster team in 1990, damn near lost to Ball State..

So its never a given. But, Vegas thinks so. And I mean, those dudes?

Reactions: ExitFlagger

I agree, too much crazy can and does happen in the tourney. Hell all the mentions of the 2015 uk team should remind us no one team is a slam dunk to win the title, in any year.

It sucks for Kansas, but it sucks for all of us. This was Louisville’s best team since 2014. We’ve banned ourselves and flat out missed the tourney 1 time each since then, and got put out the first round twice as well. So we haven’t felt the joy of a march madness run since 2015, so it sucks for us too, bc we are losing 4 srs + Nwora. But again we are not alone, It sucks for everyone. Players, fans, coaches, city economies of those that were hosting the tourney, the men and women who work at the venues, EVERYONE.

Not trying to turn this into a Louisville vs Kansas thing. Kansas had a better season no doubt, and they were the pre-corona faves, no doubt. But that’s why they play the games, the favorite rarely wins it. They don’t call it march madness bc the best team always wins.

But if Kansas wants to hang a banner of some sort, go for it. Doesn’t mean everyone has to bow down and acknowledge it, bc no one will and it will become pretty irrelevant as time goes on.

Last edited:
68b4b1bd4056da9f0189b952d5e2c909.jpg

Nevermind the fact that all of these but 2004 should not be recognized by this board’s championship police, their 2003 “title” occurred during the BCS era. LSU won the BCS Championship that year but the AP voted USC #1. They are officially recognized BY the NCAA as co-champs.

Let’s go, AP. Make it official. Chop, chop.

Hardly anyone is ever a slam dunk. Shit, UK in 2015 was a made 3-pointer away from losing n the Elite 8.....UNLV's monster team in 1990, damn near lost to Ball State..

So its never a given. But, Vegas thinks so. And I mean, those dudes?

I see your point, but it’s flawed in that Vegas makes and moves lines as to how the bets are rolling in. Baylor was ranked number 1 longer than anyone this season, beat Kansas @ Kansas, and they were never the betting favorites to win it all during that time frame.

So had corona struck a month earlier when Baylor was #1 and sitting at one loss, would they have warranted being de facto national champs or would you still have went with the Vegas favorite. (I realize that how it played out Kansas was both, just playing devils advocate)

68b4b1bd4056da9f0189b952d5e2c909.jpg

Nevermind the fact that all of these but 2004 should not be recognized by this board’s championship police, their 2003 “title” occurred during the BCS era. LSU won the BCS Championship that year but the AP voted USC #1. They are officially recognized BY the NCAA as co-champs.

Let’s go, AP. Make it official. Chop, chop.
Something about apples and oranges. The tourney is what made CBB so great, everyone gets a shot to prove it on the court. No co-champs or teams claiming titles, it was decided on the court. No one got that chance this year, and for the record I think Kansas did have the best team, but i also thought Duke had the best team last year.

Something about apples and oranges. The tourney is what made CBB so great, everyone gets a shot to prove it on the court. No co-champs or teams claiming titles, it was decided on the court. No one got that chance this year, and for the record I think Kansas did have the best team, but i also thought Duke had the best team last year.

I’m not even necessarily serious about a banner or championship designation, but if your best argument is “football is different,” that’s not good enough. The fact is that this is an unprecedented event, so it’s not unreasonable to consider unprecedented solutions.

Reactions: RipThru
ADVERTISEMENT