ADVERTISEMENT

Does Kansas hang a banner?

I honestly think we should. I realize it’s not the same and completely wish the tourney would happen regardless of the outcome.

still wouldn’t feel the same but to have clearly been the best team (which doesn’t equate to winning in March) during a full regular season. They are #1 in every metric. It would be sketchy if others were receiving votes. It was unanimous

I honestly think we should. I realize it’s not the same and completely wish the tourney would happen regardless of the outcome.

still wouldn’t feel the same but to have clearly been the best team (which doesn’t equate to winning in March) during a full regular season. They are #1 in every metric. It would be sketchy if others were receiving votes. It was unanimous

Everybody would laugh at it and treat it like a Helms. Even if it were awarded by the NCAA.

This whole situation is bullshit. The program that gets bashed for not keeping up in titles sees a golden opportunity ripped away. Had to be this year.

Man sit yo a** down

I support allowing the top ranked team that didn't withdraw from the NCAAT to claim a championship. It's your time Zags, enjoy it!

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I know I give Kansas fans a lot of grief about only having three championships (as I should) but it was theirs for the taking this year.
That is why this one stings a little bit more. No guarantees but man I haven't liked our chances this much since 2008.

Best team isn't always the champ. If we hung banners for best team in the regular season, according to Kentucky fans, we would have 30 plus titles.

Think your math may be a little off there. They’ve had the overall one seed three times and won the title one of those years.

That is why this one stings a little bit more. No guarantees but man I haven't liked our chances this much since 2008.

Their chances were better than 08. The 08 team was better but had to go through some great teams.

I bet you’re just the life of the party. Did the “according to Kentucky fans” go over your head

Actually I skimmed and missed that part.

But it’s a little different when you’re consensus #1 in polls and #1 in every rating system. How often does that happen?

Reactions: JimboBBN
And yeah...not really in a party mood at the moment. You guys would absolutely melt down if it happened to you.

And yeah...not really in a party mood at the moment. You guys would absolutely melt down if it happened to you.
Im pissed. Don’t get me wrong. We weren’t the favorites but I thought we still had a great chance to make a run. So did our coach. Not even including our own teams, college basketball fans are hurting right now.

This team obviously wasn’t as strong as that Kentucky team, but, relative to the field, it's a good example.

Your fanbase would have burnt down cities if this happened. And most definitely would have expected to be recognized.

The best team won the title that year.
Of those left, without a doubt.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I feel much worse for teams like Dayton and San Diego State than I do for Kentucky or Kansas. They had a real, serious chance at making something special happen and now it's just... nothing. It may be a long time before we have a year like this again.

This is just sad...

Everybody would laugh at it and treat it like a Helms. Even if it were awarded by the NCAA.

This whole situation is bullshit. The program that gets bashed for not keeping up in titles sees a golden opportunity ripped away. Had to be this year.

It’s some definite shit luck

I’m sure the NCAA won’t name a champion, but in the absence of a playoff, the AP has always named a national champ. And given the unprecedented circumstances, I’d wear that title and tell everybody to kiss our asses.

Banner: “2020 AP National Champs” or “2020 AP Consensus #1.”

This team obviously wasn’t as strong as that Kentucky team, but, relative to the field, it's a good example.

Your fanbase would have burnt down cities if this happened. And most definitely would have expected to be recognized.
No, I disagree. No rational person would want their team to be "recognized" as the champ if they didn't win it on the court. As I read from another site/poster, this isn't 1970's college football; you have to actually play your way through 6 rounds to be crowned the best.

I do think KU COULD have made the FF, but we'll never know. Upsets happen every year, that's a given. Hell, Dayton could have very well won the whole thing this year.

In any event, I personally don't know a single Kentucky fan who would want such recognition were it to happen; any team's school who does so will be laughed at, IMHO.

Reactions: RipThru
UVA was #1 overall seed in 2018 despite losing Hunter right before the tourney. If tourney hadn’t been played, UVA is crowned national champ and UMBC never happens. You never know what can happen in the tourney.

Kansas doesn’t deserve shit just because they are #1 overall seed. Maybe the cancellation of the tourney prevented them from losing to a 16 seed. Maybe it prevented them from winning a national championship. Who ****ing knows?

The more that people respond ITT the more convinced I am that Kansas needs to hang something that indicates they were the consensus #1 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT