ADVERTISEMENT

Did college basketball end tonight?

We just need to get the tourney underway---if it starts, I think they will continue on b/c it poses no additional risk than going out in public. But who knows if we make it that far.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I do not see any reason to cancel the games. nba had to because those 2 teams are essentially in quarantine for a time period...you can't keep playing the rest of the schedule with 2 teams out of the rotation.

Assuming the players stay away from the general student and other populations they should be fine to play the games...I would guess it is on the teams to protect their players...if someone gets sick, they miss a game...that randomness happens and is unfair but it happens as a normal course.

These events have been cancelled and altered in an attempt to flatten the curve of the outbreak...once you remove the mass of fans, i do not see how canceling the tourney games does anything to help stop the spread...plus the event has to happen to get its tv money and people being at home want something to watch...viewership is going to be huge

Reactions: dukedevilz
plus the event has to happen to get its tv money and people being at home want something to watch...viewership is going to be huge

That's what I'm thinking. No fans in attendance. Plus no concerts, no political gatherings, no classes at night, no church - really just no mass gatherings across the board. People are going to be home... and odds are, those people at home are more likely to watch the NCAA Tournament than anything else that TV has to offer.

Churches will DEFINITELY be cancelling stuff. What, a population full of older people sitting on narrow pews and turning and shaking hands and drinking from the same cup? No way. Pray at home, and in a few weeks you can go back.

Reactions: jhmossy
I don’t see any way they play these games. Everything is shutting down at this point.

We just need to get the tourney underway---if it starts, I think they will continue on b/c it poses no additional risk than going out in public. But who knows if we make it that far.

What happens if they start the tourney and 2 rounds in a player tests positive?

Called it. Last CBB games of the year played last night. Every conference has cancelled their tourney and the NCAA either later today or tomorrow will officially cancel the Big Dance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT