ADVERTISEMENT

Did college basketball end tonight?

It’s 11:30 ET, all big decisions for the day are already made and the big wigs will reconvene tomorrow. I would guess we atleast get to the noon tip offs tomorrow and maybe in between the noon and 2:00 games they stick a fork in the season.

I would think they would at least let all the conferences finish their tournaments before making that call.

That was before Rudy Gobert and Fred Hoiberg came along. Also you now have a travel ban to Europe for the first time since what, WW2? The panic is off the charts and every day I think it will calm down it gets exponentially worse.

I think it is done.

note that the travel ban is REALLY not that big a thing... it’s for foreign nationals who were in certain countries or something (too lazy to look it up).

****ing better not cancel it.

Just make sure no elderly or immune compromised people are in the house and play on.

Drop the hopeless teams like Iowa if necessary and have a playoff between the elites.

Yup might as well just do the tourney with conference champions.

That was before Rudy Gobert and Fred Hoiberg came along. Also you now have a travel ban to Europe for the first time since what, WW2? The panic is off the charts and every day I think it will calm down it gets exponentially worse.
Maybe if I wait long enough they’ll cancel my flight to Florida for a wedding. My dad went toEurope doing WWII, but his first stop was North Africa then England so maybe he cheated the system.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I’m thinking it’s pretty inevitable that it’s cancelled after what the NBA did. But does anyone think there’s a chance they let it play out? I mean, the college season is three weeks away from being over. The NBA season had three more months to it. A little difference in situations. I guess I’m just reaching.. this is my favorite sports month of the entire year, and it’s about to get thrown away.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Unless all hell breaks loose, the games will be played. Having the teams with limited attendance is the same as people watching it at a bar or going to sams club for groceries. They should play the games in high school gyms to manufacture some sort of atmosphere for the players......but I'm guessing scoreboards and shot clocks and room for media and cameras would nix that idea

87464510_2677678762450022_5578686321594990592_n.jpg

Unless all hell breaks loose, the games will be played. Having the teams with limited attendance is the same as people watching it at a bar or going to sams club for groceries. They should play the games in high school gyms to manufacture some sort of atmosphere for the players......but I'm guessing scoreboards and shot clocks and room for media and cameras would nix that idea
You really think they will still play out? All of them?

It's over bruh, you just don't know it yet.

I think if Hoiberg would have tested positive that would have been it.

As of now, I think they’ll still try to just move it to smaller venues and play it closed to all.

We’ll see though. Public pressure usually wins in these situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT