ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone listen to Kentucky Sports Radio today?

5cats5

Dec 7, 2011
Middlesboro KY
Team
Kentucky
I live in Middlesboro Ky, which is Matt Jones's hometown. He kind of comes to me like an arrogant prick but he's tolerable as long he keeps his politics out of basketball. Today however, he crossed the line. He's been trying to get on the radio here for a while but nobody wanted to pay what he wanted . He was trying to get on 106.3 fm but the station owner didn't want him because his price was too high and his political slant is not very popular here.
Today, they went on WFXY 98.5. Instead of celebrating being on the air, he goes full on attack on the other station owner and his family. I know the station owner VERY Well. He is married to our pastor's daughter and is our sound guy at church. He sponsored my race car. He's very, very involved in the schools with the kids and in the community. He's well liked in the community and respected by most people here.
I'm not a boycott kind of guy, but today was just too much. Jones has established himself to me as a classless prick.
What are your opinions of the guy? Kentucky fan or otherwise.

Reactions: lkc1234
Who-GIF.gif

OP, you managed to drop race cars, religion and right wing politics all into one post. You are not giving Kentucky a good look. Based on this alone, I'm siding with Jones. I think some opposing political views would be good for you guys.

As for going too far, Matt has made fun of people I personally know. In 2004, I might've gave a shit, but that's what Matt Jones does. It's satire.

Who I really feel sorry for is Louisville fans. Jones is challenging McConnell for the Senate seat and Louisville is a Democratic stronghold. Louisville fans now have to decide between voting for a diehard Kentucky fan who has made a career of making fun of UofL or vote for God damned Mitch McConnell. Poor bastards.

OP, you managed to drop race cars, religion and right wing politics all into one post. You are not giving Kentucky a good look. Based on this alone, I'm siding with Jones. I think some opposing political views would be good for you guys.

As for going too far, Matt has made fun of people I personally know. In 2004, I might've gave a shit, but that's what Matt Jones does. It's satire.

Who I really feel sorry for is Louisville fans. Jones is challenging McConnell for the Senate seat and Louisville is a Democratic stronghold. Louisville fans now have to decide between voting for a diehard Kentucky fan who has made a career of making fun of UofL or vote for God damned Mitch McConnell. Poor bastards.

Obviously we all secretly live in Kentucky.

Reactions: Da_Bull
What did he say about the other radio station owner? Was he obviously making light of it or was he on the attack like he had an agenda?

Obviously we all secretly live in Kentucky.

Well, on a national spin, despite this thread completely being in the wrong place.... If you care about politics, when Jones ends up going head to head with Mitch McConnell, you will know who Matt Jones is. I hope it happens for sheer entertainment value, if nothing else. Matt Jones is known for calling out absurdities. It'd be funny as hell to see it in a campaign.

Matt Jones went to Duke law, is a diehard Kentucky fan, is from Middlesboro, Kentucky (coal country) and started a blog for a talk radio show in the early 2000's. He worked his way to being credentialed by UK athletics as media member then ended up getting UK basketball news before sites like Rivals, which eventually led to KentuckySportsRadio being like the number one place for Kentucky basketball news (and probably not even close). He basically overthrew the old guard of Kentucky basketball media, which as ridiculous as it sounds, was pretty impressive. Really smart guy.

Matt Jones is a reasonable person when it comes to politics. Don't believe me? Just ask him..

Reactions: 5cats5
Loved how he was public enemy #1 for Jurich, Pitino, and Ramsey. Matt outed their disgraceful antics years before the yes men turned on those in power at u of l.

Christ, home board. Maybe the OP just got confused and thought he was on Rupp... the blue color is pretty similar?

i read his site, very rarely do i ever listen to his show
politically i put him on the same line as i put Ashley Judd

he has been good for UK sports

Reactions: I am stupid
No matter how much you hate him, you'll listen everyday, if Rupp's Rafters is any indication of people.

i read his site, very rarely do i ever listen to his show
politically i put him on the same line as i put Ashley Judd

he has been good for UK sports
UK sports have been good for him. How much did you hear of Matt Jones when Clyde was our coach?

UK sports have been good for him. How much did you hear of Matt Jones when Clyde was our coach?

A lot actually. His show was only in Louisville then.

Patrick Patterson's recruitment is when KSR took off. Not that I'm a KSR fanboy, but was one of first to follow blog.

Is Matt Jones that guy who played like 40 minutes in his whole career at Duke recently?

Is Matt Jones that guy who played like 40 minutes in his whole career at Duke recently?
lol different Matt Jones but they have the same amount of talent. Except for skin color, you wouldn't miss the others production

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT