ADVERTISEMENT

Dattier's agenda thread

This is gonna make me sound like an old fogey, but nobody in todays hiphop can touch that. Ok hardly anyone.

If Eminem is considered "today's Hip-Hop" then I disagree. Kendrick Lamar is really talented, too.

But for the most part I agree. When I want to see talented rhyme and word play I listen to battle rap. Check out Fresco's 3rd vs Thesaurus (2 time Scribble Jam champion)

That is insane writing.

Here is another historic round:

Last edited:
If Eminem is considered "today's Hip-Hop" then I disagree. Kendrick Lamar is really talented, too.

But for the most part I agree. When I want to see talented rhyme and word play I listen to battle rap. Check out Fresco's 3rd vs Thesaurus (2 time Scribble Jam champion)

That is insane writing.

Here is another historic round:

Nah,Eminem wasnt what I meant by today. I'll watch the videos in the morning, late as hell. I think the last battle I watched was when Cassidy came back.

I agree on Kendrick, I like Cole too.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Nah,Eminem wasnt what I meant by today. I'll watch the videos in the morning, late as hell. I think the last battle I watched was when Cassidy came back.

I agree on Kendrick, I like Cole too.

Cassidy vs Dizaster was okay. The hype outweighed the battle.

Ever see the Dizaster vs Canibus battle? I think it's possibly the most lopsided battle in battle rap history. Canibus is from your era I'd think.

Yeah, it is weird. I don't know what he's talking about as far as ANTIFA being black OR an organization. I understood and agreed w/ a lot of the rest of what he was saying, but that was an awkward segue, at best.
Twitter is full of many more CNN segments of them saying the same thing. Very strange!

Come for the Mike Tyson cameo (3:16), stay for all the fabulous.

Last edited:
I'm glad he didn't settle for less.
He could have sent the same message without alienating a large portion of the population and painting cops as racist murderers. That wouldn't be settling for less.

At the end of the day, he is doing more good than harm. But I don't know what is so hard to admit that his criticism is warranted.

Reactions: SNU0821
He could have sent the same message without alienating a large portion of the population and painting cops as racist murderers. That wouldn't be settling for less.

At the end of the day, he is doing more good than harm. But I don't know what is so hard to admit that his criticism is warranted.

Nah. He's just misunderstood. I don't think he really sees cops as racists... nevermind.

Reactions: SNU0821
Protest that doesn't trigger some is never effective, and is arguably not protest at all. The alienation is self-chosen, based on being willfully distracted by the means at the expense of the cause.

The "cops as racist murderers" is also self-chosen; it is the emotionally-charged language of some on the left, during very specific contexts, usually in the immediate aftermath of a controversial shooting death. You are choosing to hyperbolize that and apply it to Kaep. Kaep wore some rude socks. He apologized for that and expressed his respect and appreciation for police, including family members. He's not condemning every LEO or the concept of policing overall, nor is almost every other liberal.

People who protest have reached a point that upsetting some people is unavoidable if they are to continue pursuing their cause, and their cause is more important than the negative impression some people get. Settling for less would be to give up their cause. I've never known anyone who wouldn't be thrilled to have their issue resolved satisfactorily before they would need to protest. Once that need exists, the only logical action is to protest.

It is as simple as accepting that the criticism is your own, not some objective truth. I understand that criticism, but I'd have to agree with it to consider it "warranted," and I don't.

ADVERTISEMENT