ADVERTISEMENT

Dattier's agenda thread

I don't like how the man in your video exaggerated the number of unarmed black people killed by police. I know he didn't give a specific number, but his claim is that it is happening at an alarming rate. That's very misleading and it feeds a false narrative. His message was great until that point.
Hey, hey, HEY! Let's not get political ITT.

Reactions: Quavarius
Yeah. I give up. Toonces opened the door for this. You walked through it. I responded sincerely to the video you posted assuming you wanted a conversation. But I guess you were just trolling.
Kudos on acknowledging him, but why no sincere response to toonces?
I'm not trolling, but exactly how seriously am I supposed to take it when your complaint has to do with nitpicking over what, exactly, qualifies as "alarming"?

My sincere response to toonces is that kid in his link is an ignorant douche.

It is not nitpicking what qualifies as alarming. It is pointing out how misleading it is to word it that way. Did you read the article I posted? It pretty much hits on how misleading or even blatantly dishonest a lot of people are in regards to police killings. Not only the number of unarmed people killed by police, but the number of those people who are black. The idea behind Kaepernick's protest is based on the notion that black people are being targeted by police based on the fact that they are black. There is nothing to back up that claim.
Why would that be the extent of your comment to toonces when you acknowledge that his post "opened the door" for politics to get into the thread?

Yeah, in a video covering a several minutes' long response from a Senate candidate running against Sen Ted Cruz in Texas, focusing on "alarming" is nitpicking.

On the bold: Have you accepted the existence of systemic racism yet?

I’m just bringing awareness to how much idiocy cops have to deal with on a daily basis....then be accused of racism. Video saves the day again.
Where was that officer accused of racism?

Check out the comments on the video you posted. You may see a world of difference between those people and you, but for people seeing only that you chose to post it... maybe not so much...

I just posted a video of a dude being real dumb.
giphy.gif

Even if it's not your style, a minute's worth and you'll hear all kinds of allusions and intricate structure, and he does it all FREESTYLE.

(edit: trigger warning! profanity and a black man!)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT